Wisniewski

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Which players of Veaches first & second day picks are making a difference for KC? 

CEH is decent for a rookie and Thornhill was a beast until injury, will probably bounce back. Hardman is a question mark but the Hill situation was somewhat of a culprit there. Speaks was a bust. Nnadi and Saunders are likely average rotational guys and the jury is still out for the rest of this rookie class. 

58 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I think Allegretti has out performed his draft range.  He has been very good at LG. 

While LDT isn't great (I'm not a fan) he has out performed his draft range too. 

There has been development.  We are just expecting so much from 6th, 7th, or even undrafted guys. That isn't totally fair to Heck. Let's see what he does with a Niang. We should draft an Olineman high again this next draft.  Protecting mahomes should be a priority. 

We sure could benefit from some high investment at OL. Even Niang, a late 3rd, is a guy we get excited about simply due to his draft position. 

I think you all just need to be thankful for what we have.  This is how a salary cap works.  You can't have 50 pro bowlers and every team will have weaknesses.  Anytime you want to complain just watch the Eagles oline against the browns yesterday and be thankful we have a QB that's even alive...lol

8 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

I think you all just need to be thankful for what we have.  This is how a salary cap works.  You can't have 50 pro bowlers and every team will have weaknesses.  Anytime you want to complain just watch the Eagles oline against the browns yesterday and be thankful we have a QB that's even alive...lol

To be fair their LT andre dillard and Guard brandon brooks are out. Those are 2 really good players

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

We sure could benefit from some high investment at OL. Even Niang, a late 3rd, is a guy we get excited about simply due to his draft position. 

We got excited about Niang because he was a first round talent that dropped because of injury.  If he comes back next season and isn't too far behind because of opting out, he could be a factor on the line for years to come. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

The disrespect for Wiz... This guy helped solidify the line and takes us to a Championship. The chiefs WANTED him back. He left for Pitt, his him hometown. You guys will be lauding this move later. 

I agree. He can step right in and that’s huge this time of year. Especially with the unknown with Schwartz. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

The disrespect for Wiz... This guy helped solidify the line and takes us to a Championship. The chiefs WANTED him back. He left for Pitt, his him hometown. You guys will be lauding this move later. 

Agreed but I get it.  Another year older and coming off a tough injury for an offensive lineman.  If he's healthy no doubt he's an upgrade.  If we can get Wiz healthy and up to speed, get Schwartz and Rankin back up and running before the playoffs and stay healthy we could have a pretty good line.  Also if Reiter can pull his head out out his butt like he did in the last playoff run that would be good.   Thats a lot of ifs though.

Fisher - Rankin - Reiter - Wiz - Schwartz

5 minutes ago, xen said:

Agreed but I get it.  Another year older and coming off a tough injury for an offensive lineman.  If he's healthy no doubt he's an upgrade.  If we can get Wiz healthy and up to speed, get Schwartz and Rankin back up and running before the playoffs and stay healthy we could have a pretty good line.  Also if Reiter can pull his head out out his butt like he did in the last playoff run that would be good.   Thats a lot of ifs though.

Fisher - Rankin - Reiter - Wiz - Schwartz

Hard to leave Allegretti out.  He has played well

I'd like to see Wiz or Allegretti take the center spot

6 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Hard to leave Allegretti out.  He has played well

I'd like to see Wiz or Allegretti take the center spot

Reiter is the best pass blocker out of that crew.  Come playoff time, they'll want that in.  Need to find a better center in the offseason though.  Whether Allegretti can keep developing and take that spot who knows.