15 minutes ago, mex said:

the top 4 teams in the afc are:

steelers

chiefs

bills

ravens

we've beaten 2/3 of the top teams

the team needs improving in areas but we're still pretty solid

Yea. I think they get complacent. Hard to be up every week. They will be up for Vegas ;)

this is going to get to a point where only playoff wins matter. That’s how it goes.

Carolina has an offense that has good short passing game and tremendous run game. Chiefs tend to struggle with style a la Vegas.

I knew they’d score. I predicted 27 in the prediction 

42 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yea. I think they get complacent. Hard to be up every week. They will be up for Vegas ;)

this is going to get to a point where only playoff wins matter. That’s how it goes.

Carolina has an offense that has good short passing game and tremendous run game. Chiefs tend to struggle with style a la Vegas.

I knew they’d score. I predicted 27 in the prediction 

the panthers are a team that had the best chance of beating us... good-throwing mobile qb, excellent receivers and a solid ground game

on paper this should have been a close game... the panthers' record isn't indicative of their team... this is a borderline playoff caliber team that's getting better every week

Whoever says we need to run it more should be banned from the board.

LET.  PATRICK.  COOK.

On that last drive do you know what kills the clock?  First downs.  For as smart as Andy is he can be so dumb.  You can't just keep rushing it because that's what conventional wisdom says.  Completions in-bounds will do the job just fine.  You only need one 1st down!

LET.  PATRICK.  COOK.

38 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

LET.  PATRICK.  COOK.

On that last drive do you know what kills the clock?  First downs.  For as smart as Andy is he can be so dumb.  You can't just keep rushing it because that's what conventional wisdom says.  Completions in-bounds will do the job just fine.  You only need one 1st down!

LET.  PATRICK.  COOK.

And one incompletion leaves them a time out and likely field goal. Its hard to know whats right. 

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

And one incompletion leaves them a time out and likely field goal. Its hard to know whats right. 

Only if we don't get a first down.

In fairness, we didn't go run-run-screen, hard to know what that RPO on 2nd down that became a sack was going to look like.  But the 1st and 10 run was so predictable and did NOTHING for improving the chances that we would get a 1st down to seal the game.  Give Patrick 3 shots to get a 1st down.  Far better than what we did.

44 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

LET.  PATRICK.  COOK.

LET.  PATRICK.  COOK.

You have to keep the other team off balance. You can’t have 12 attempts for 30. If you want all the plays to work, you have to have a semblance of a run game. Especially against good defenses.

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

So I couldn't watch the game, but saw the highlights. 

Fucking Reiter was starting at center again. Holy hell......!

Now I understand why we couldn't run the ball. The center, RG, and RT are soft run blockers. 

Why take Kilgore out?

No idea what Kilgore did to lose that spot. Pisses me off. 

8 minutes ago, Calichief said:

You have to keep the other team off balance. You can’t have 12 attempts for 30. If you want all the plays to work, you have to have a semblance of a run game. Especially against good defenses.

Actually, you don't have to run to keep the other team off balance.  There is a body of evidence that, for example, you don't have to run effectively in order for play action to be effective.  You only have to run occasionally.

Do you think our passing offense was hurt because we weren't running?  Our passing offense was the only thing that was working today.  Our offense struggled (1) when we ran and (2) when we let Patrick get pressured.  He also sailed some passes he doesn't usually sail.  We still scored on 6 of 9 drives, 4 TDs and 2 FGs.  The other 3 drives?  Fumble at the end of the half, missed FG, and the punt on the last drive.

But if you're saying that by "establishing the run" earlier it would have made our runs at the end more effective, then I say why not just pass?  That was working.

17 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Actually, you don't have to run to keep the other team off balance.  There is a body of evidence that, for example, you don't have to run effectively in order for play action to be effective.  You only have to run occasionally.

Do you think our passing offense was hurt because we weren't running?  Our passing offense was the only thing that was working today.  Our offense struggled (1) when we ran and (2) when we let Patrick get pressured.  He also sailed some passes he doesn't usually sail.  We still scored on 6 of 9 drives, 4 TDs and 2 FGs.  The other 3 drives?  Fumble at the end of the half, missed FG, and the punt on the last drive.

But if you're saying that by "establishing the run" earlier it would have made our runs at the end more effective, then I say why not just pass?  That was working.

To me its the actual running play calls that are annoying.  We know our IOL is bad and our two stud rb's are great pass catchers and good at making guys miss so why not run to the outside a little or actually use your stud pass catching rb's in that capacity.   Also don't call a cutesy play with Darrell Williams as the focal point that expects Reiter, Wylie and Allegretti to get down field and block in space for a critical 3rd down.  Also in critical times of the game keep the ball in Brady's hands.  Sometimes I wonder who is calling what and when.  I feel like Andy could care less but EB forces him into running it because he's adamant about running up the gut.  I could be way off but that isn't coaching to put your players in positions to succeed, actually thats the opposite.  Running a smaller, shifty back into the middle of the line where your IOL can't block for a crap and expecting good things to happen. smh

23 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

yawn . 

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

What about mods who single people out based on opinions, not any sort of bad behavior? 

get a life it was joke .. I had dun pizzed off more gramer nazi on this page thatn you'll ever comphrend..makes me wanna doit on purpuss.

feel free to block me if you dont like it..the other's have