Mid season look

2 hours ago, mex said:

back to the thread topic... our schedule just got more difficult over the last few weeks

LV's offensive line is doing great... they've won 3 straight

Miami is on a big roll... 5 straight

TB is looking good... they had zero problems putting Carolina away... 

and NO is killing it... 6 straight

gonna be an interesting 4 week stretch

and fucking pitt looking tough as hell

Has it occurred to anyone else that BAL may be tanking to move up in the draft in an attempt to find a QB that can come from behind?  😀😀

Chiefs Dbs are doiung a fantastic job. All this even though teams are often behind and passing more. Snead is back now so good depth. Keep these guys.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2020/11/16/five-reasons-kansas-city-chiefs-still-super-bowl-favorites/4/

If you dig into the numbers a little more, you’ll see that the reason for the Chiefs good defensive performance is how strong they have been against the pass. They are allowing just 215.7 yards passing per game (6th lowest in the league) and have allowed just 11 passing touchdowns with 9 interceptions. They are allowing the 5th lowest completion percentage and 3rd lowest yards per attempt allowed.

The formula here is pretty simple. If the Chiefs score enough points they force the opposing team to pass the football to keep up and that plays into the strengths of the Chiefs defense. With pass rushers like Chris Jones and Frank Clark and an underrated secondary led by Tyrann Mathieu the Chiefs make it difficult to keep pace with Mahomes in the passing game. Plus, there is reason to believe that the Chiefs could get even stronger against the pass as the season goes on and L’Jarius Sneed gets healthy and Willie Gay Jr. gets more playing time.

While their rush defense still leaves a little to be desired, the Chiefs aren’t built to have that matter much. If the Chiefs can continue to be strong against the pass and good at keeping the opposing team out of the end zone they will be very hard to beat and that is certainly a reason to consider them a Super Bowl favorite.

49 minutes ago, West said:

Pass Rush has been anemic at times....Stopping the run has been rough...

This week's raiders game will be a challenge.

w

Agreed. The Faiders Oline is really big and really good. And now with Ruggs, that makes it hard to blitz them and leave him one on one. We really need Clark, Okafor and Jones to bring their A-Game. I really want KC to beat the shit on of LV!

1 hour ago, West said:

Pass Rush has been anemic at times....Stopping the run has been rough...

This week's raiders game will be a challenge.

w

The Chiefs really miss Ogbah and/or Okafor.  Also, Clark doesn't seem the same as he was the last half of last year.  If Sneed comes back strong and Gay finally gets in on passing downs, the defense could improve for the stretch run. 

one thing that's kinda pissing me off is how lucky Pitt, Bal and Cle are to be playing the pathetic NFC east this season, whose best team, by far, is the 3-5-1 eagles

that entire conference has 2 more wins than the Chiefs 

as opposed to navigating the NFC south which has arguably the best record in football... given the AFC north's cupcake schedule

8 hours ago, mex said:

one thing that's kinda pissing me off is how lucky Pitt, Bal and Cle are to be playing the pathetic NFC east this season, whose best team, by far, is the 3-5-1 eagles

that entire conference has 2 more wins than the Chiefs 

as opposed to navigating the NFC south which has arguably the best record in football... given the AFC north's cupcake schedule

I really hope someone wins the NFC East with 4 wins.  It's still mathematically possible.  I'm totally here for that shitshow.

10 hours ago, xen said:

I really hope someone wins the NFC East with 4 wins.  It's still mathematically possible.  I'm totally here for that shitshow.

Lol and get a home game too. I know that means squat right now but it should be addressed if an 11-5 team has to travel to a 5-11 team for a game.