Gay is a bust!!

• 3 weeks later...

Not that I memorize every play but in general I think he seems to be doing relatively well whenever he's on the field, don't know what's wrong but a whole game with a single snap is really weird considering that he made some big plays recently. 

Another surprise is the Robinson's snaps. Hardman did well a couple games back to back yet plays a fraction of the whole snaps now. 

5 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Not that I memorize every play but in general I think he seems to be doing relatively well whenever he's on the field, don't know what's wrong but a whole game with a single snap is really weird considering that he made some big plays recently. 

Another surprise is the Robinson's snaps. Hardman did well a couple games back to back yet plays a fraction of the whole snaps now. 

Whoa! You can't question a coach whose is 19-1 in his last 20 games. Haven't you been listening to AFCwest

22 hours ago, West said:

Gaye will be fine....

You know what it takes for a rookie to jump into Reid's or Spags' lineup?

Great Athleticism and Intelligence.....

Gaye has one piece and it takes time for the other unless you have a serious co-processor like Mahomes or Helare.....

w

Very weird though, last week he played a lot and then this week, nothing.

22 hours ago, West said:

Gaye will be fine....

You know what it takes for a rookie to jump into Reid's or Spags' lineup?

Great Athleticism and Intelligence.....

Gaye has one piece and it takes time for the other unless you have a serious co-processor like Mahomes or Helare.....

w

That doesn't explain why Gay isn't playing in the mop up defense like late in the Denver or Jets games.  If he needs experience, then when better to get some?  And his play in the base package is better than the alternative. 

He might have had an injury?  Who knows the truth as we have zero inside information....One thing, Gaye is fast, strong and quick....

This all reminds me of the KPass discussion a few years ago.....Before that it was Fish....

Thornhill is a far bigger worry for me......Dirty Dan is a role player that has been completely scouted by our opposition.

Game after game, 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion go through whomever is covered by Dirty Dan...

1 hour ago, West said:

He might have had an injury?  Who knows the truth as we have zero inside information....One thing, Gaye is fast, strong and quick....

This all reminds me of the KPass discussion a few years ago.....Before that it was Fish....

Thornhill is a far bigger worry for me......Dirty Dan is a role player that has been completely scouted by our opposition.

Game after game, 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion go through whomever is covered by Dirty Dan...

not a DD apologist as I get as frustrated with him as we all do ..but  many of those game after games who's name do we call when something happens to clinch the game as well.?

Just now, oldtimer said:

not a DD apologist as I get as frustrated with him as we all do ..but  many of those game after games who's name do we call when something happens to clinch the game as well.?

DD is such an enigma. He is terrible 80% of the time but will all of a sudden make a huge play to sway the game or seal it. 

Which is why I think most believe him to be a rotational guy and special teamer. Overuse can expose him

I like Dirty Dan....he is a very smart player....he makes up for his lack of speed and quickness (by NFL Standards..) with his smarts.

That said,  he is getting beat at a high rate this season as people are designing plays to beat him at key times.

of course, chumps like Brady seem to throw the ball off his coconut at the right time too.

w

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Neimann got less snaps than appearances may suggest, but I definitely didn’t see him out there as often this week. The LBs are all zero impact though. I really hope we can get a stud MLB sometime. Frank Clark sure did little with all his snaps too.

Hey Clark did contribute 20 more yards to Tampa's offense than Antonio Brown did.