Gay is a bust!!

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

No one is giving up on him. Its just confusing. We would have thought 14 weeks in he would be a bigger part of the defense. Sneed was raw too, and that kid is a straight baller.

The answer to the puzzle is probably long-range thinking. Veach has a lot of say.  As long as they are winning, might as well get some other guys the visibility to use them in trades.  Gay will be ready mentally after full OTA's, camp, and pre-season.

9 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The answer to the puzzle is probably long-range thinking. Veach has a lot of say.  As long as they are winning, might as well get some other guys the visibility to use them in trades.  Gay will be ready mentally after full OTA's, camp, and pre-season.

There is not 5 min of game tape on Neiman that will make any team want to trade for him. How many times can you run into a brick wall before choosing to use the open door 2 feet over.

22 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He is a kid who did not even have a real camp or pre-season games.  He is as raw as hell.  OTA's, training camp, and pre-season games next season will put him in as a solid starter.  The complaints are ridiculous.  It's like giving up on a 5th grader for not knowing his calculus.

So try to teach the fifth grader some calc and see if he has potential to learn it.  Better than spending the time on a college freshman who we know will never grasp the ideas.   I'm not contending that Gay will contribute that much more in the pass defense than Neiman this week.  The point is that Gay has the potential to make some plays and will only learn by doing.  Some time in the Jets game, for example, could pay off in a later playoff game.  If Neiman was playing even average, the "wait on Gay" crowd would have a better argument.  

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So try to teach the fifth grader some calc and see if he has potential to learn it.  Better than spending the time on a college freshman who we know will never grasp the ideas.   I'm not contending that Gay will contribute that much more in the pass defense than Neiman this week.  The point is that Gay has the potential to make some plays and will only learn by doing.  Some time in the Jets game, for example, could pay off in a later playoff game.  If Neiman was playing even average, the "wait on Gay" crowd would have a better argument.  

Play him in the Chagers game for sure if we beat Atlanta and Steelers lose tonight. Let him go and show what he and others can do.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

It looks like the Steelers are going to lose again tonight.  That would clinch the bye. So, yes.  Play Gay and all of those young guys the next two games.  Play them until they drop.  Gay is going to be a staple on our team, I think.  Very, very talented.  He will be starting next year, but the next two games could be great for him to play as much as possible. Even if he embarrasses himself at times,  he will still make some awesome plays here and there.

41 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It looks like the Steelers are going to lose again tonight.  That would clinch the bye. So, yes.  Play Gay and all of those young guys the next two games.  Play them until they drop.  Gay is going to be a staple on our team, I think.  Very, very talented.  He will be starting next year, but the next two games could be great for him to play as much as possible. Even if he embarrasses himself at times,  he will still make some awesome plays here and there.

Agree, but then why didn't he play when the Chiefs had the big lead against the Jets?  

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree, but then why didn't he play when the Chiefs had the big lead against the Jets?  

Who knows?  Maybe he was ill?  Was hurting from practice?

That was Nov. 1.  We hadn't even won the divistion yet.  The Steelers hadn't lost a game.  The situation was completely different.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Who knows?  Maybe he was ill?  Was hurting from practice?

That was Nov. 1.  We hadn't even won the divistion yet.  The Steelers hadn't lost a game.  The situation was completely different.

The game was locked up.  Gay playing would have no effect on the season, but could have used the opportunity to gain experience on passing downs.  He did play on first downs for the most part IIRC so his health probably wasn't an issue.  The coaches are professionals and experienced, so one would just have to assume Gay is deep in the dog house for some unstated reason and they are sending a message.  Next season's TC should be revealing. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The game was locked up.  Gay playing would have no effect on the season, but could have used the opportunity to gain experience on passing downs.  He did play on first downs for the most part IIRC so his health probably wasn't an issue.  The coaches are professionals and experienced, so one would just have to assume Gay is deep in the dog house for some unstated reason and they are sending a message.  Next season's TC should be revealing. 

Yeah. It will tell the story, but I am near certain that the coaches love him.  It was likely a matchup problem.  Anyway, I am not worried about him at all.

For all these "coaches don't like him,"  "not very good" and "busts" on the team, we are 13-1, have a near certainty of a bye, and have all the national sports writers in awe.  I just have  great difficulty being a worry wart. In fact, my inability to worry has me worried.   I am in with the DWBH narrative.

11 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

For all these "coaches don't like him,"  "not very good" and "busts" on the team, we are 13-1, have a near certainty of a bye, and have all the national sports writers in awe.  I just have  great difficulty being a worry wart. In fact, my inability to worry has me worried.   I am in with the DWBH narrative.

WINNER