Old Haley and Cassel story

That's crazy, I think I remember that game. It was the first time I saw Cassel get pissed off and I remember him arguing back at Haley. 

I remember having high hopes for that team, until they got clowned in the playoffs by the Ravens. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

Weiss sucked too.  Remember that time he made Kansas football into a watchable product?  That was during the time he called himself Mark Mangino. 

Always thought that was strange how he ended up coaching the Jayhawks.  

Cassel with the rest of our current organization would be a like a worse version of the Alex Smith era - I'm just not sure how much worse, from slightly to a lot.

Mahomes with Haley/Pioli would be a total crapshoot.  You have two combustible hot heads and then a raw talent.  It might have worked but it could have gone south in a hurry.

I think you have to go with Mahomes for the upside anyway, but the downside is greater too.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Cassel with the rest of our current organization would be a like a worse version of the Alex Smith era - I'm just not sure how much worse, from slightly to a lot.

Mahomes with Haley/Pioli would be a total crapshoot.  You have two combustible hot heads and then a raw talent.  It might have worked but it could have gone south in a hurry.

I think you have to go with Mahomes for the upside anyway, but the downside is greater too.

not really cassells release was about the same speed of, a snail, in  a race with a cheetah. 

3 minutes ago, robgar said:

not really cassells release was about the same speed of, a snail, in  a race with a cheetah. 

I said it would be worse.

The comparison is "QB with limits who can be okay to good if you have an excellent system around him."  Cassel's two best years (2008 and 2010) are pretty comparable to Alex's better but not best years.  QB rating around 90, just over 200 ypg, around 7 YPA, sack rate of several %.  Alex with a better completion % and slightly lower INT rate.

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Would Haley have let Mahomes run "Ferrari Right"?  Point being that Mahomes, in another system, might be talked about as a freakish arm with great potential rather than a SB and regular season MVP.   

can you imagine Patrick under center in martyball?

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Would Haley have let Mahomes run "Ferrari Right"?  Point being that Mahomes, in another system, might be talked about as a freakish arm with great potential rather than a SB and regular season MVP.   

I think a lot of coaches could get a lot out if Pat.  Haley I'm not so sure about, nor do I trust piolio to surround him with talent.

15 hours ago, qnet said:

That's crazy, I think I remember that game. It was the first time I saw Cassel get pissed off and I remember him arguing back at Haley. 

I remember having high hopes for that team, until they got clowned in the playoffs by the Ravens

That pretty much ended the Cassel vs Flacco debate....