If you could add 1 former Chief...

2 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

You would pick Derrick Johnson over #58????  No way for me!  Second choice would be Willie Roaf!

it does make sense.  Pass rush is not a problem.  Every team that has given us fits this year has trotted out an elite RB.  DJ puts a stop to that instantly.

That said I guess if everyone has to get the ball out in 1.5 seconds cause our dline is murdering people that would be good.

7 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

You would pick Derrick Johnson over #58????  No way for me!  Second choice would be Willie Roaf!

Any good line man sure. I just think DJ fits better in the 4-3. Tackling is what we need and having that with our franchise leader would do well. Thomas would be great too for added pressure on the QB. Line would be great but we see how Mahomes does with a crappy line. To me if you could make the defense better it would help all around on the team.

1 minute ago, mex said:

we haven't been running the ball well enough to take the pressure off Patrick. right this minute we need interior line IMO

Yes but if we move kilgore back in, Rankins to RG and get Schwartz back we will be better. Allegretti has done well. I think having an all time great would be nice but would it be nice on the line or say LB group etc?

13 minutes ago, xen said:

Nobody off the 60s teams or are those guys too slow for the modern game?

Put Buck Buchanan next to Chris Jones and watch the havoc explode.

Lanier or Bell?

Otis Taylor and score all the points?

Hell a good rushing DT like Neil Smith next to CJ. Sorry I was born in 72 so all these guys from the 60s I will have to go by your word.

51 minutes ago, Balto said:

Love me some DT58 but what about Revis in his prime?  That counts right?!?!

Revis would seriously shut down a side of the field completely.  He was one of the best ever in his prime.

Hmmmmm.  Interesting.  Not sure that's in the spirit of the question, but it's technically correct so I'll allow it, since technically is the best kind of correct.