Compensatory picks

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Doubt Ward is going anywhere. Breeland maybe? 

Breeland might not get the offers he wants in FA similar to this year. I can see him coming back on a similar deal. Ward was great last year but made quite a few mistakes so far, Chiefs still have him for another year so I think he'll be back but the tender might not be that high so some other team could snatch him. Either way another CB to upgrade either player would be very useful even though it's not as much of a priority as OL or LB. 

50 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Breeland might not get the offers he wants in FA similar to this year. I can see him coming back on a similar deal. Ward was great last year but made quite a few mistakes so far, Chiefs still have him for another year so I think he'll be back but the tender might not be that high so some other team could snatch him. Either way another CB to upgrade either player would be very useful even though it's not as much of a priority as OL or LB. 

Sure and there is Sneed & Fenton. I dont see a huge need here at all. Players have games where they are off or simply outplayed. I saw Matheiu get torched in the Raider game. It happens. Ward played with a broken hand. I think he is solid.

56 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Ward is playing himself out of a starting job and the big payday.  They both may be gone unless Breeland has to settle for a cheap contract again. 

I think Ward is under contract next year.  He has played with a broken hand. Sometimes guys get beat but playing himself out? Guy is solid. There is also Sneed and Fenton.

39 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think Ward is under contract next year.  He has played with a broken hand. Sometimes guys get beat but playing himself out? Guy is solid. There is also Sneed and Fenton.

Ward has regressed this season and I think he has reached his peak at his best.  We'll see after the bye whether he gets it back together, but it's ben more than just one or two off games.  At least Sneed can run with the speedier receivers and showed promise before the injury.  If he comes back where he was the first three games, he could replace Ward.  Not trying to slam Ward, but he just doesn't seem as promising as last season. 

14 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Charvarius Ward is a FA next year.  Possibly a RFA but still a FA.  His play makes it hard for us to sign him long term and the early success of Sneed makes it highly probable he won't get a new contract here.   

RFA, so I think he'll be back on a decent team friendly contract if some other GM isn't high on him after last year's performance. So far I think he has played at a decent backup level this year but definitely not confident in him starting right now. Could improve though. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

He's a project that isn't expected to contribute this year.  Don't know if the Chiefs see use down the road or if he was just a speedy guy they hoped to train. 

AFC West added some speed which may have triggered the pick but I think he's one of those raw guys that could help out in the 2nd or 3rd year, if not it's not a big investment. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

RFA, so I think he'll be back on a decent team friendly contract if some other GM isn't high on him after last year's performance. So far I think he has played at a decent backup level this year but definitely not confident in him starting right now. Could improve though. 

Good points yet KC is 17-1 with Ward? So he is more than adequate. Playing with a broken hand allows for a lesser performance.

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Good points yet KC is 17-1 with Ward? So he is more than adequate. Playing with a broken hand allows for a lesser performance.

He's not totally a bust at CB. His performance simply isn't starter level, if he bounces back that's even better for us as we have him for another year. However upgrades are always great. We were 9-0 with Smith at QB in 2013.