It’s raider week

It looks like Ferrell isn't going to play for the Raiders Sunday night.  He literally destroyed the Chiefs line last time they played.  They also have a DB on the COVID list but while Ferrell tested positive, the DB seems to be on the list for close contact and could be reinstated by Sunday.  We'll be watching the injury list closely this week. 

Nearly “the entire (Las Vegas) Raiders starting defense is going on the reserve/COVID-19 list because of high-risk close contacts,” according to a report from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

The Raiders play the Kansas City Chiefs on this week’s edition of Sunday Night Football.

It is likely this is happening because tracers connected many players to defensive end Clelin Ferrell, who reportedly tested positive for the virus on Tuesday. Rapoport added that some Raiders will be cleared by Saturday and others by Sunday, as long as they continue to test negatively.

Rapoport noting that these contacts being characterized as “high-risk” is key. “High-risk” close contacts need to be isolated from the team for five days, with the clock beginning the day after his exposure to the positive subject.

“Everybody has to adapt to a lot of things in every phase of life,” Raiders head coach Jon Gruden said, via ESPN’s Adam Teicher. “We had to go through some things before. We’ll be there on Sunday and we’ll be prepared. We’re excited to compete.’’

Until the players heading to the list are cleared, they cannot practice. So regardless of availability, the Raiders will enter Sunday night’s game with a significant disadvantage.

Just now, West said:

7 more Raiders added to COVID List today...

I just hope the game is played. We dont need to jumble more weeks and we already used our bye. Thisbis an important game to gain another game up on them and give them an in conference loss too.

• Chiefs head coach Andy Reid noted that Alex Okafor (ankle) returned to practice, and the Chiefs have designated for him to return from injured reserve. Both Okafor and cornerback L’Jarius Sneed (shoulder) don’t appear on the injury report, as Kansas City has yet to activate them from IR.
  • Anyone currently on the reserve/COVID-19 list does not appear on the injury report, either. This includes Chiefs offensive linemen Eric Fisher, Mitchell Schwarz and Martinas Rankin, as well as wide receiver Mecole Hardman. They did not practice. There were also six Raiders added to their list on Wednesday.
  • Offensive lineman Mike Remmers (rib) and cornerback Rashad Fenton (ankle) were the only two players listed as limited participants for the Chiefs.
  • Wide receiver Sammy Watkins participated in a full practice for the first time since injuring his hamstring in the last game against the Raiders, which was back in Week 5. He is tracking to return for Sunday Night Football.
  • Patrick Mahomes on Watkins on Wednesday: “He’s a threat in every way.

Guess we'll know Sunday afternoon who will play Sunday night.  Probably most will play with the exception of Ferrell.  Don't know where Hardman is in the process.  Sneed and Watkins need to be ready for the stretch run and Okafor would make the DE position more stable.   I'm optimistic. 

47 minutes ago, West said:

Local Cali News had 11 Raiders on the Covid list yesterday....

w

There's enough time before the game for the players to test negative twice and still play so most or all of them probably will.  The NFL certainly doesn't want to lose a prime time game between two rivals that are both headed to the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

I am looking forward to Tyreek housing the Raiders as a returner and as a receiver. I wonder if that would be a first in an NFL game.

I think Tyreek scored three ways in his rookie year at Denver - kick return, rushing and receiving scores in the same game. It’s probably happened before, but it’s gotta be a rarity. 

21 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m concerned about our o line. 
I also think Bell and CEH are in for big games. 
Raiders will more than likely place a spy on Mahomes and drop in coverage like they did week 5 so the I think it’s dunk and dunk time. Control the clock and wear them down. 

I hope its the exact opposite game plan. Chiefs simply can not run the ball well. Need to lead with the pass. Raiders secondary is nothing special. CEH may be out?