It’s raider week

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m concerned about our o line. 
I also think Bell and CEH are in for big games. 
Raiders will more than likely place a spy on Mahomes and drop in coverage like they did week 5 so the I think it’s dunk and dunk time. Control the clock and wear them down. 

They probably will use this gameplan again. After all, it worked last time, and it seems to be the only philosophy that does slow down the offense. We have to be able to move the ball on the ground. It's a must!

If we can eat yards on the ground, THEN we can go up top in the second half.

The defense is my concern.....

We didn't get any pressure on Carr last game. Even when we blitzed, we couldn't get any pressure. Darren Wahler and Ruggs ate our lunch. And Jacobs???? If our defense comes to play we will beat them easily... But we gotta stop Jacobs and hit Carr early.  Let's go SPAGS!!

22 minutes ago, artsy said:

They probably will use this gameplan again. After all, it worked last time, and it seems to be the only philosophy that does slow down the offense. We have to be able to move the ball on the ground. It's a must!

If we can eat yards on the ground, THEN we can go up top in the second half.

The defense is my concern.....

We didn't get any pressure on Carr last game. Even when we blitzed, we couldn't get any pressure. Darren Wahler and Ruggs ate our lunch. And Jacobs???? If our defense comes to play we will beat them easily... But we gotta stop Jacobs and hit Carr early.  Let's go SPAGS!!

Just throw the Ball!  KC oline does not run block well. Raiders secondary is not special. Put it in Pats hand! Patrick wins big games.

34 minutes ago, artsy said:

Didn't we try that the first time??

That’s not going to work consistently if they play similar defensive coverages. We need to control the clock and ahead of the sticks. This is what Mahomes has been saying. I agree to a point that short passes can work. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Didn't we try that the first time??

Does not matter if they did or did not. This team has proven in can not run the ball on a consistent basis. Throw on first down and throw often. I have seen too many games start with a pathetic run attempt on first down leading to punts. What happened to that KC first drive offense? Reid trying to establish the run.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Does not matter if they did or did not. This team has proven in can not run the ball on a consistent basis. Throw on first down and throw often. I have seen too many games start with a pathetic run attempt on first down leading to punts. What happened to that KC first drive offense? Reid trying to establish the run.

You are definitely right about trying to run on first downs, just to be stuck with a 2nd and long...and eventually punting.

Sammy Watkins (hamstring) is questionable for Week 11 against the Raiders.

Watkins was downgraded to limited participation at both Thursday's and Friday's practices. With Mecole Hardman still on the team's COVID list, it's possible Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle are both thrust into Kansas City's starting lineup by default. Fantasy players should consider Watkins a sturdy WR3 if he's available while Hardman simultaneously remains sidelined.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (illness) will play in Week 11 against the Raiders.

Edwards-Helaire was absent from practice with an illness on Thursday but was still removed from the team's injury report Friday afternoon. If it was COVID-related amid other current outbreaks on the team, the organization certainly isn't airing it. CEH will suit up as a low-end RB2 as he's still only received eight and nine touches with Le'Veon Bell available behind him in the past two games.

56 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Schwartz out again. This may be a serious back thing? 

May need to look at getting Niang to RT next year. If his back ends up being an issue we may need to hang on to Fisher after all. For a guy who never missed snaps let alone games, this back issue may be more serious than we know. Schwartz hates not playing as seen throughout his career being there for every snap.

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Sammy Watkins (hamstring) is questionable for Week 11 against the Raiders.

Watkins was downgraded to limited participation at both Thursday's and Friday's practices. With Mecole Hardman still on the team's COVID list, it's possible Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle are both thrust into Kansas City's starting lineup by default. Fantasy players should consider Watkins a sturdy WR3 if he's available while Hardman simultaneously remains sidelined.

I got no problem with Pringle getting reps. He's a baller.

• Mecole_Hardman.jpg

Chiefs activated Mecole Hardman from the COVID-19 list.

Hardman will be cleared to play the Raiders on Sunday Night Football, and he carries flex consideration with Sammy Watkins (calf, hamstring) ruled out. Hardman's route share has fluctuated alongside Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle while Watkins has been sidelined with soft-tissue injuries. It's unclear how long Watkins will miss following his in-practice injury a few days ago.

Nov 21, 2020, 4:20 PM ET

• Sammy Watkins (calf, hamstring) was ruled out for Week 11 against the Raiders.

Watkins was downgraded after an in-practice injury during the week coming out of the bye. His status for Week 12 and beyond is unknown, but he's flashed WR3/4 appeal when fully healthy for those with deeper fantasy bench spots. The Chiefs activated Mecole Hardman, who has been operating as the No. 2 or No. 3 receiver without Watkins, from the COVID-19 list ahead of Sunday Night Football.

41 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Tender Hammy, Sammy.

Sammy Watkins has been ruled OUT for Sunday’s game. Taco Charlton and Mitchell Schwartz have been placed on IR. Alex Okafor and L’Jarius Sneed have been activated from IR.

Mitchell Schwartz going to IR is not good assuming it isn't COVID related.   Have to start wondering if Schwartz is done....like career is done?   Maybe Veach and crew knew something we didn't when they drafted Niang....hard to make that jump considering the playoffs Schwartz had though.  

12 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Mitchell Schwartz going to IR is not good assuming it isn't COVID related.   Have to start wondering if Schwartz is done....like career is done?   Maybe Veach and crew knew something we didn't when they drafted Niang....hard to make that jump considering the playoffs Schwartz had though.  

Back injury on a big guy is bad news.  Isn't that what did Poe in? 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Back injury on a big guy is bad news.  Isn't that what did Poe in? 

I think so.   Which Schwartz hasn't looked great this year.  To be honest I haven't missed him at all with Remmers in and Remmers isn't great.   To bad Niang opted out.  Dude would be getting major minutes.