Baker at CB?

52 minutes ago, xen said:

Gotcha.  I think they'll find a way to hang on to Ward.

Personally I'm not judging him too harshly for a few reasons

1 CB play is always volatile year to year league wide

2 fucked up offseason for a 2nd year full time starter

3 his game is being physical, and you can't convince me the broken hand is not fucking with his play.

Him playing through it is commendable to me. Hell he came back with one hand in the cast and pins still in. I think he would do well if we moved him to #2 WR and have Baker at #1 if he works out. Ward is good and can be better with a move to the other side imo.

PFF Grades

Sneed #17 74.3  Fenton #29 68.8  Breeland #30  68.7   Ward # 37  66.9

So Ward with broken hand not so awful as some suggest.

Compare...... Ramsey  18 73.6      Marcus Peters # 67 57.4

Note

Matheiu is #67 Safety at 57.4     

Clark #99 of 106  51.6 

35 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

PFF Grades

Sneed #17 74.3  Fenton #29 68.8  Breeland #30  68.7   Ward # 37  66.9

So Ward with broken hand not so awful as some suggest.

Compare...... Ramsey  18 73.6      Marcus Peters # 67 57.4

Note

Matheiu is #67 Safety at 57.4     

Clark #99 of 106  51.6 

Good lord I hope you didn't pay to see those grades.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Its just a measuring stick and not the authority. Still it shows some comparisons. Mahomes, Kelce and Hill are all graded elite as most would agree. 

PFF grades are good for some things.  But just remember they're still not worth much since they don't know the assignments or what they're coached to do.  You can pick up some things like whether someone is winning individual matchups but remember PFF graders are also the ones on Twitter bagging mahomes for ALMOST throwing interceptions.  Not throwing interceptions.  Throwing a ball that could be intercepted.  One of them was crowing about how Roethlisberger should have the mvp over mahomes which makes no sense.  

If you're paying you can glean better info from the advanced stat folks.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

PFF grades are good for some things.  But just remember they're still not worth much since they don't know the assignments or what they're coached to do.  You can pick up some things like whether someone is winning individual matchups but remember PFF graders are also the ones on Twitter bagging mahomes for ALMOST throwing interceptions.  Not throwing interceptions.  Throwing a ball that could be intercepted.  One of them was crowing about how Roethlisberger should have the mvp over mahomes which makes no sense.  

If you're paying you can glean better info from the advanced stat folks.

Of course I think most people get that. I posted those players because that is who many of these posts are about. Some are saying Reiter for instance is terrible. He may not be awesome but he certainly is at least average.  Maybe Clark should be graded higher but that low is  surprising.

13 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Some are saying Reiter for instance is terrible. He may not be awesome but he certainly is at least average.  

He is "certainly, at least average." Thats your opinion? At minimum, Reiter is an average center, and probably slightly above? 

Austin Reiter sucks bro. Did you see what Rodney Hudson did to our interior d line when we played the Raiders? Thats what a good center looks like. Then again you tried to tell me yesterday that Allegretti and Osemele play 2 different positions, so maybe I'm missing something. 

There's still just 5 lineman, right? There's not a left guard and a left left guard thats been slotted in there and I've overlooked for the last 3 and a half decades, right?

42 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He is "certainly, at least average." Thats your opinion? At minimum, Reiter is an average center, and probably slightly above? 

Austin Reiter sucks bro. Did you see what Rodney Hudson did to our interior d line when we played the Raiders? Thats what a good center looks like. Then again you tried to tell me yesterday that Allegretti and Osemele play 2 different positions, so maybe I'm missing something. 

There's still just 5 lineman, right? There's not a left guard and a left left guard thats been slotted in there and I've overlooked for the last 3 and a half decades, right?

PFF graded them at different positions. FYI Im not your bro. I hope this attack on me helps you feel better about yourself? Enjoy todays game. 

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Wylie sucks. Reiter is passable. At best. Both of them can stay home going forward and we’d be fine.

I think PFF is an augmentative tool to evaluate.  Nothing more and nothing less.  I felt their grades of our Oline are graciously too high.  Mahones bails them out often because they get beat a lot.   

My issue is they believe they are the end all be all of evaluations and they won’t acknowledge any deviation or inerrancy.  All the talk about Mahones and their ridiculous ranking of Frank Clark.   Ask oline man about Frank and ask other defensive lineman about our iol.   They will rank Clark as someone they don’t want to see and our IOL as a gift from the football gods.   

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

They can see it. 
kilgore playing...

Not sure what the warm ups were about but no he did not and boy did Reiter get abused tonight.

The only thing that I can think of is Pat likes the way Reiter snaps it better?  But dear lord does Reiter get blown up a lot.  

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Not sure what the warm ups were about but no he did not and boy did Reiter get abused tonight.

The only thing that I can think of is Pat likes the way Reiter snaps it better?  But dear lord does Reiter get blown up a lot.  

Yea, I was wrong. Saw the report of him with the first team