Raider Week - Starts Off with a Miffed Reid

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30331135/las-vegas-raiders-buses-victory-lap-irritated-kansas-city-chiefs-andy-reid

Should be a great game.  If the Chiefs can limit the big plays Carr seemed to pull out of his ass in the last game, they should win this one.  Gotta keep pressure off Mahomes as the Raiders D-line OWNED the Chiefs' O-line last time around.  

No prediction yet, but I think - as the article indicates - the Chiefs are out for some payback and they will get it.  

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30331135/las-vegas-raiders-buses-victory-lap-irritated-kansas-city-chiefs-andy-reid

Should be a great game.  If the Chiefs can limit the big plays Carr seemed to pull out of his ass in the last game, they should win this one.  Gotta keep pressure off Mahomes as the Raiders D-line OWNED the Chiefs' O-line last time around.  

No prediction yet, but I think - as the article indicates - the Chiefs are out for some payback and they will get it.  

We gotta stop Jacobs and then figure out how to get pressure on Carr. 

Gotta got Carr early and often. I recall years ago raiders were controlling a game and finally Hali had enough and came in a layed  out Carr. He got a 15 yd penalty ( wasn’t a cheap shot)  but the message was sent. After that play everything changed. 
I don’t condone dirty play but play through the whistle when it comes to the raiders. Period. Both sides of the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Gotta got Carr early and often. I recall years ago raiders were controlling a game and finally Hali had enough and came in a layed  out Carr. He got a 15 yd penalty ( wasn’t a cheap shot)  but the message was sent. After that play everything changed. 
I don’t condone dirty play but play through the whistle when it comes to the raiders. Period. Both sides of the ball. 

Yep. Carr gets rattled easily and it screws up his whole game. Their oline is big and physical. We need CJ and Clark to earn that money and put some work in. Hopefully Ward shows up and plays all 4 qtrs and we get a chance to see Fisher, Allegretti, Kilgore, Rankins and Schwartz go to work in the running game.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Yep. Carr gets rattled easily and it screws up his whole game. Their oline is big and physical. We need CJ and Clark to earn that money and put some work in. Hopefully Ward shows up and plays all 4 qtrs and we get a chance to see Fisher, Allegretti, Kilgore, Rankins and Schwartz go to work in the running game.

I remember ole Father Time Bob Sutton used to rattle Derek Carr. Shouldn't be a big deal for Spags and company. They'll come with intensity and I see them kicking the ShowGirls off the field with some key 3 and outs.

2 hours ago, artsy said:

uhhhhh....

15 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

I remember ole Father Time Bob Sutton used to rattle Derek Carr. Shouldn't be a big deal for Spags and company. They'll come with intensity and I see them kicking the ShowGirls off the field with some key 3 and outs.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Gay used as a blitzed with an off week to prepare.   Like Holmes said, delay blitz and take a hard shot.

22 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

It's time for Andy Reid to TEACH! Gruden a lesson! :angry:

Raiders DE Clelin Ferrell (reserve/COVID-19) is expected to miss Week 11 against the Chiefs.

The Raiders will be down at lest one defensive starter after Ferrell tested positive. Lamarcus Joyner is a high-risk contact of Ferrell and could also be held out this week.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Well, the Raiders could win.  That's certainly possible.  But "shutting down Mahomes" is a pipe dream. Mahomes' led Chiefs teams have average (AVERAGED) 35 points per game the last 2-1/2 seasons.  I suppose it is relative to what the Raiders think "shutting" down is?  Maybe the 32 points they held the Chiefs to in week 5 is their definition of shutting them down?  They did pull that game out, so...  The Chiefs will put 30-plus on them.  It'll be up to the defense to not give up the big plays over the top that caught them napping in week 5.  

Nearly “the entire (Las Vegas) Raiders starting defense is going on the reserve/COVID-19 list because of high-risk close contacts,” according to a report from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

It is likely this is happening because tracers connected many players to defensive end Clelin Ferrell, who reportedly tested positive for the virus on Tuesday. Rapoport added that some Raiders will be cleared by Saturday and others by Sunday, as long as they continue to test negatively.

Rapoport noting that these contacts being characterized as “high-risk” is key. “High-risk” close contacts need to be isolated from the team for five days, with the clock beginning the day after his exposure to the positive subject.

“Everybody has to adapt to a lot of things in every phase of life,” Raiders head coach Jon Gruden said, via ESPN’s Adam Teicher. “We had to go through some things before. We’ll be there on Sunday and we’ll be prepared. We’re excited to compete.’’

Until the players heading to the list are cleared, they cannot practice. So regardless of availability, the Raiders will enter Sunday night’s game with a significant disadvantage.

Alex Okafor is returning at the right time for the Kansas City Chiefs stretch run.

Alex Okafor has struggled to stay healthy for this season so far for the Kansas City Chiefs, but he’s getting healthy at the right time as head coach Andy Reid announced that the defensive end was back at practice on Wednesday.

Okafor has played sparingly this season—with only 79 total defensive snaps spaced out over four games—and multiple injuries have limited his impact. Most recently a hamstring kept him out of every game since Week 6, the team’s win over the Buffalo Bills, and the injury kept him out through the team’s bye week.

Fortunately, Okafor is now ready to practice, which means it’s likely he’ll suit up and be active for the team’s upcoming game against the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 11. Going forward, the Chiefs are now entering the stretch run which will determine whether or not they will earn the top overall seed in the AFC—and the coveted lone first round bye in the conference.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Alex Okafor is returning at the right time for the Kansas City Chiefs stretch run.

Alex Okafor has struggled to stay healthy for this season so far for the Kansas City Chiefs, but he’s getting healthy at the right time as head coach Andy Reid announced that the defensive end was back at practice on Wednesday.

Okafor has played sparingly this season—with only 79 total defensive snaps spaced out over four games—and multiple injuries have limited his impact. Most recently a hamstring kept him out of every game since Week 6, the team’s win over the Buffalo Bills, and the injury kept him out through the team’s bye week.

Fortunately, Okafor is now ready to practice, which means it’s likely he’ll suit up and be active for the team’s upcoming game against the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 11. Going forward, the Chiefs are now entering the stretch run which will determine whether or not they will earn the top overall seed in the AFC—and the coveted lone first round bye in the conference.

This is good news with Taco now out, the Chiefs need more depth and Okafor, when healthy, can produce.