Are you afraid of the Steelers cause...

During those successful Alex Smith years these guys pretty much always man handled the Chiefs and seemed to have their number. Some were ass thrashing’s.

if it comes down to us and them.. Are the Chiefs ready for this again in a meaningful game?   

i don't know what ass thrashings you are talking about.  Going back to 2004:

Won by 5

Lost by 6

Lost by 2

Lost by 29

Won by 10

Lost by 8

Lost by 3

Lost by 4

Won by 3

Bottom line, with a healthy Mahomes, there is no team that i'm afraid to face.  Its becoming obvious that there are only two teams in the NFL worth a damn, and while the Chiefs have by and large manhandled everyone worth a damn, the Steelers are eeking out wins against mediocre teams.  The should have lost to the cowboys and wouldn't have even been in it against he ravens without 54344 turnovers.  

Steelers don't really worry me. Couple years ago we went into Pitt and won,  don't think we had won in Pitt since the 80s.   With Mahomes we can beat anybody.  

If KC ends up as#2 seed then the extra game and what can happen because of that extra game worry me more.  I know it's it not a fair comparison but the teams playing an extra game typically don't fare well against the teams with a bye.   

Yeah, I agree that having Mahomes changes everything, and it's awesome. I remember his 1st year starting and he lit their ass up with 6 TD's. I loved it. Big Ben lit our defense up also, but it wasn't enough. 

I can't guarantee it won't be tough game, because I respect Tomlin and Big Ben can  still sling it; but they don't scare me like they did in the past. 

We would easily knock them out of the playoffs if Smith could actually scan the field and hit a wide open Hill in more than one occasion. With Mahomes there's no team we cannot beat so the Steelers aren't unbeatable even though they seem to be the top competition in the conference. 

They have not played anyone,  if the chiefs had this schedule they would be 9-0 as well

New York Giants W
Denver W
Houston W
Philadelphia W
Cleveland W
Tennessee W
Baltimore W
Dallas W
Cincinnati W
Jacksonville
Baltimore
Washington
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Cleveland

11 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

They have not played anyone,  if the chiefs had this schedule they would be 9-0 as well

New York Giants W
Denver W
Houston W
Philadelphia W
Cleveland W
Tennessee W
Baltimore W
Dallas W
Cincinnati W
Jacksonville
Baltimore
Washington
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Cleveland

Tennessee and Baltimore are tough outs. Still, your point has some merit. 

11 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

We have 3 common wins.  Our other wins are the Patriots , Chargers, Jets, Panthers and Bills.  Not sure our wins are any more impressive than theirs.  And we lost to the flipping Raiders.  I'm not scared of them, but 9-0 is 9-0. 

I think Bill's, NE and Panthers with a healthy Mccaffery would have given the Steelers at least 1 loss, maybe 2.

11 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

We have 3 common wins.  Our other wins are the Patriots , Chargers, Jets, Panthers and Bills.  Not sure our wins are any more impressive than theirs.  And we lost to the flipping Raiders.  I'm not scared of them, but 9-0 is 9-0. 

Meh we played terrible last year and barely got beat by the Titans and then smoked then in the playoffs.  Stop Henry and they aren’t that good regardless of the cherry picked stars that try and compare Tannehill to Mahomes.  We obviously can be beat but it takes a Herculean effort on their part and either a few bad calls or is shooting ourself in the foot.   Like xen said we likely win with a C effort.

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Meh we played terrible last year and barely got beat by the Titans and then smoked then in the playoffs.  Stop Henry and they aren’t that good regardless of the cherry picked stars that try and compare Tannehill to Mahomes.  We obviously can be beat but it takes a Herculean effort on their part and either a few bad calls or is shooting ourself in the foot.   Like xen said we likely win with a C effort.

Fair enough.  But I was replying to someone that said their wins aren't impressive and our wins last year don't really have anything to do with the Steelers strength of wins this year.  They have won 9 games and their 9 wins are pretty much the same as our 8 wins.  That doesn't mean we aren't the better team, but 9-0 is 9-0. 

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Fair enough.  But I was replying to someone that said their wins aren't impressive and our wins last year don't really have anything to do with the Steelers strength of wins this year.  They have won 9 games and their 9 wins are pretty much the same as our 8 wins.  That doesn't mean we aren't the better team, but 9-0 is 9-0. 

remember when we went 9-0 and then still shit the bed in the playoffs...9-0 & 8-1 don't mean anything right now

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think they get the win.  Balt played terrible and was still in the game.  Harbaugh is a good coach.  

Yep.  Ravens completely outplayed the Stillers.  Buttloads of penalties and minus 3 turnovers are hard to overcome.  I mean we could do it, but few other teams can.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Yep.  Ravens completely outplayed the Stillers.  Buttloads of penalties and minus 3 turnovers are hard to overcome.  I mean we could do it, but few other teams can.

the fucking cowboys outplayed the stillers... with a QB who was sacking groceries last spring