Are you afraid of the Steelers cause...

On 11/16/2020 at 4:53 PM, gochiefsgo said:

My whole thing is meaningful games where they lost cause they were not a smash Mouth team. Lots of Those 

my whole thing is that the fanbase still thinks we are the pre-patrick mahomes team.  We have overcome all the speedbumps that have always hurt us in the past and won a dang superbowl.  Its time to put away the "old chiefs" mentality.  

43 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

my whole thing is that the fanbase still thinks we are the pre-patrick mahomes team.  We have overcome all the speedbumps that have always hurt us in the past and won a dang superbowl.  Its time to put away the "old chiefs" mentality.  

You are right, but those 42 points given up to the Raiders and 32 to the Panthers do bring flashbacks to darker days. 

I don't think we need to be "afraid" of anyone.  But they are 9-0.  And while they haven't beat the 85 Bears, we haven't either.  We had an OT game with the Chargers and were lucky to hold on against the Panthers.  That and a home loss to the Raiders.  They have a future hall of fame quarterback that has won it all and a coach that has won it all.   Yes we won it all with Pat and he's obviously great.  But we won't win the Super Bowl every year of his career.  The Steelers are capable of beating us and we are capable of beating them.  A first round bye is huge for whoever gets it.  But even without it, we can win obviously. 

The old Chiefs mentality was hoping to win a playoff game, not whether we can win the AFCCG. 

50 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I don't think we need to be "afraid" of anyone.  But they are 9-0.  And while they haven't beat the 85 Bears, we haven't either.  We had an OT game with the Chargers and were lucky to hold on against the Panthers.  That and a home loss to the Raiders.  They have a future hall of fame quarterback that has won it all and a coach that has won it all.   Yes we won it all with Pat and he's obviously great.  But we won't win the Super Bowl every year of his career.  The Steelers are capable of beating us and we are capable of beating them.  A first round bye is huge for whoever gets it.  But even without it, we can win obviously. 

The old Chiefs mentality was hoping to win a playoff game, not whether we can win the AFCCG. 

What?  When did this happen?

I already built the 20 straight superbowls shrine goddammit

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

You are right, but those 42 points given up to the Raiders and 32 to the Panthers do bring flashbacks to darker days. 

Teams lose games.  Players have a bad day.  Every team that plays us is a little more motivated because of who we are.  Teams lose games to teams they should have beaten.  There's a reason only one team has had an undefeated superbowl winning season.  Remember when we kicked the crap out of the patriots and everyone said it was the end of Tom Brady?  Well, here he is multiple rings later and still going.

I guess i just can't understand how we are 8-1 with our one loss coming to a division rival(in which you can throw everything out), and half the people here are still worried about ghosts of KC Past

56 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Teams lose games.  Players have a bad day.  Every team that plays us is a little more motivated because of who we are.  Teams lose games to teams they should have beaten.  There's a reason only one team has had an undefeated superbowl winning season.  Remember when we kicked the crap out of the patriots and everyone said it was the end of Tom Brady?  Well, here he is multiple rings later and still going.

I guess i just can't understand how we are 8-1 with our one loss coming to a division rival(in which you can throw everything out), and half the people here are still worried about ghosts of KC Past

Yes but to be fair, the Dee Ford off sides seems to be the exact thing we expect. We were good that year and it is things like this that still need to be exorcised. Even last year playoffs, we fell behind every game by double digits it just seemed like here we go again. Time will heal it but we just need to win it again imo.

2 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

Not disagreeing.  It's just when the defense gives up 15 yds. on fourth and 14 or can't get off the field against a second tier QB, it makes a fan of 57 years a bit nervous.  Most of us didn't expect a 17-0 season, but it's the way they looked lost and unready on defense that brought back the memories of the Sutton days.  

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

I'm especially concerned that we gave up an additional 2 points to the Raiders and 1 point to the Panthers after the games ended.

On 11/16/2020 at 7:52 PM, xen said:

If we play our B game or better we will win that game pretty easy.  Might win with our C game.  

I think we match up well with the stillers.

Yea. And Ben’s arm doesn’t look good. The deep game isn’t there 

I hope and pray that the Steelers go undefeated this year.  They will crap the bed with a undefeated record going into the playoffs.

I'm zero percent worried about the Steelers hahahaha  Push overs honestly 

also I'm 100% sure we get into the Super Bowl this year but that's when I start to get a little worried.  Multiple NFC teams could give us a big fat L

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 3:58 PM, gochiefsgo said:

During those successful Alex Smith years these guys pretty much always man handled the Chiefs and seemed to have their number. Some were ass thrashing’s.

if it comes down to us and them.. Are the Chiefs ready for this again in a meaningful game?   

I think we're good. 

On 11/19/2020 at 12:16 PM, Balto said:

I hope and pray that the Steelers go undefeated this year.  They will crap the bed with a undefeated record going into the playoffs.

I'm zero percent worried about the Steelers hahahaha  Push overs honestly 

also I'm 100% sure we get into the Super Bowl this year but that's when I start to get a little worried.  Multiple NFC teams could give us a big fat L

Only GB imo.   Aaron Rodgers could cause us fits because their Oline is beastly and I think we would have a hard time getting pressure.  With that said they would have a hard time dealing with our O too.   But that is the only team in the NFL that remotely scares me.