Oline the rest of the season

29 minutes ago, xen said:

Fyi Wiz activated from the practice squad.  May just be as a backup for now but at least that indicates he's at least mostly better.

Yeah, I saw that and got a little excited.   I don't expect him and Rankins to be all pros but its not hard to improve on what we've been running out there.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Curious what their criteria is/was?   I noticed the PFF ranks before the Bucs game and I thought they were generous.

Im not a stat geek guy and dont really know. I just use it as a measuring stick. Gives me a little more info than I had before. I really dont want much more than that. Are they correct? Who is? 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

PFF could have been ranking Osemele in the time span he played and Allegreti over a longer time span that includes now. Just a guess as I don't know how they are doing it.

Did I miss read that they had Allegretti ranked like 9th out 34 ?   Reiter and Wylie ranked in the top half of C's and RG's?   Dudes got abused tonight.  

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Did I miss read that they had Allegretti ranked like 9th out 34 ?   Reiter and Wylie ranked in the top half of C's and RG's?   Dudes got abused tonight.  

I think Mahomes is messing up quite a bit of stats for the linemen. He's very mobile and can extend plays so even when our linemen mess up big time they can get away with it due to Mahomes making something out of nothing. QB mobility should somehow be reflected on the stats and in that case we would have much lower rankings. 

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Allegretti was ranked 9th out of 41. Reiter was right in the middle at 18th out of 35, and Wylie was at 32 out of 42. 

I honestly cannot believe this team is 11-1 with the way this line has been playing. Its absolutely going the wrong direction. Last night Mahomes had quite a few plays where he wasn't able to escape the pocket and make the ridiculous splash plays we've grown accustomed to, because the pocket was collapsing so quickly. 

This line almost NEVER  has a pass protection where one of them doesn't get beat soundly. If the idea is continuity then you'd think that they may be starting to gel as the season goes along. They arent. I was very very surprised when we came out in the first quarter and Wylie was in the lineup. 

59 minutes ago, DieHard said:

It fun seeing Pat flick the ball for a completion as he is getting hit, but I don't really want to see it anymore. Pat abilities mask how truly, historically bad our line is. We need to get it fixed or we will shorten Pat's career.  

If anyone knows how bad it is, it would be Reid.  Veach knows his job. 

Clark Hunt is not the kind of guy who will spend a half a billion dollars without protecting it.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If anyone knows how bad it is, it would be Reid.  Veach knows his job. 

Clark Hunt is not the kind of guy who will spend a half a billion dollars without protecting it.

Good point.  If we are seeing this crap you know he is.    I truly do believe they have a plan with Rankins and Wiz.

12 hours ago, Calichief said:

Seth killed it with that one.

For non subscribers basically the end result analysis is it's not necessarily true kc is struggling in short yardage except the last 2 games.  Otherwise the sample size is so small that that only 2 to 3 plays an outsized  difference between the short yardage success percentage of KC and the other top offenses in the league.  

So it's possible we have a problem.  Or it could be a short term statistical blip (we've had those before with this crew).  But outside of the past 2 games our success rates have been really good compared to league averages in short yardage and inside the 10 yard line.

7 hours ago, xen said:

Seth killed it with that one.

For non subscribers basically the end result analysis is it's not necessarily true kc is struggling in short yardage except the last 2 games.  Otherwise the sample size is so small that that only 2 to 3 plays an outsized  difference between the short yardage success percentage of KC and the other top offenses in the league.  

So it's possible we have a problem.  Or it could be a short term statistical blip (we've had those before with this crew).  But outside of the past 2 games our success rates have been really good compared to league averages in short yardage and inside the 10 yard line.

He is the best now that terez is gone. 

On 11/17/2020 at 9:23 AM, Lamardirts said:

I agree.  Getting that extra year is going to be really beneficial for us.  Dude is super talented and even if he can’t hack it at RT/LT he can slide inside.   Hope we spend two picks in the first three rounds on Oline.   

I've always wondered why we say a tackle "slides inside" rather than "moves to the inside."  It seems like all other positions move rather than slide.  Just wondering.

12 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I've always wondered why we say a tackle "slides inside" rather than "moves to the inside."  It seems like all other positions move rather than slide.  Just wondering.

Slide to the left, slide to the right.....criss cross.....