Oline the rest of the season

• The Chiefs were missing both their offensive tackles on Wednesday. Right tackle Mike Remmers (back) hurt his back in the team’s game against the Miami Dolphins. Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said that left tackle Eric Fisher had a tight back as well, so both players missed practice to start the week.
  • Linebacker Damien Wilson (knee) missed his fourth practice in a row. He did not play in Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.

34 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Both starting OTs and our swing tackle have back issues. Wtf is happening? Our pets heads are fallin off!

Let's just hope they are being cautious. Otherwise so many lingering back issues would point to bigger issues within the staff. The weird thing is we look for athletes rather than old fashioned fatties at the line but face as many injuries, if not more, in comparison. 

These injuries on the O line are concerning going into this next game. I'm not sure who they have opposite Cam Jordan but Ill I can say is they need to find a way to protect 15. This game is not a must win, and depending on how the week goes, if we have back ups in, Reid may lean more towards the run to protect 15. I sure hope everyone is healed up for the playoffs.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

The weird thing is we look for athletes rather than old fashioned fatties at the line but face as many injuries, if not more, in comparison. 

Weight is weight, whether it is made of fat or muscle.  The bones and discs and ligaments of the spine have to support that weight.  These guys weigh 300 lb and and bending, turning, and trying to push their bodies and the bodies of another 320 pounder at the same time. It can be done until you are about 30.  Then the consequences set in.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Weight is weight, whether it is made of fat or muscle.  The bones and discs and ligaments of the spine have to support that weight.  These guys weigh 300 lb and and bending, turning, and trying to push their bodies and the bodies of another 320 pounder at the same time. It can be done until you are about 30.  Then the consequences set in.

Shit. I weighed a lot less in the Army and all the abuse I put my body through caught up to me and quickly too.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Shit. I weighed a lot less in the Army and all the abuse I put my body through caught up to me and quickly too.

It sure does.  By the time you get to a physical therapist, they teach you never to bend down and turn at the same time.  Well, shit.  That's what you have to do on the O-line and D-line.  They just don't tell you that the consequences won't show up for some years.  By that time, it's too late.