Oline the rest of the season

18 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I thought he did fine with a week to prepare at tackle.  

They chipped that side quite a bit in the first half. Jordan was abusing him and pushing him back a lot. He was not terrible as who else did we have? Durant? He just was not average from what I saw.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

They chipped that side quite a bit in the first half. Jordan was abusing him and pushing him back a lot. He was not terrible as who else did we have? Durant? He just was not average from what I saw.

I thought once he settled in he did fine.  He obviously was frustrating jordan. Wiz got pushed back pretty bad the first half too, was he terrible? 

5 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I thought once he settled in he did fine.  He obviously was frustrating jordan. Wiz got pushed back pretty bad the first half too, was he terrible? 

Yes. Fish played terrible.  Fish though was playing hurt I assume too. Wylie has not shown shit at RG and even today not much at RT. I rather see what Rankins had. We don't know though if he can actually play yet. Watch Wylie again and you will see. There were times he got beat outside like he was not even there let alone pushed straight back into the pocket.

Like I said in the other thread, the pre game Sunday night showed the highlights and even the announcers were stating how bad they were. How they needed to protect Mahomes better etc. If announcers can see it, the coaches have to see it. Hell even Romo was talking and a stat was shown how the front 4 had 42.6% pressure in Mahomes in the first half alone.  4 versus 5 for our o line.  Not good.

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

But Reid did the line nor Mahomes any favors by calling such a pass heavy game often with long developing plays. He could have easily adjusted to a more run heavy or short to intermediate passing game. Or tossed in some screens.  

True, but even then there were many times he was being pressured on his drop back. It was bad the first half.

He should dumb down the line assignments. We did this the one year with the G and Center play. Wiz will help the RG but we need Schwartz back for sure if healthy. Center is a lost cause because he just is loyal as hell to Reiters.

Edit I think it was Jeff Allen that came in and we dumbed it down?

8 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I was told wisnewski would be starting, i kinda assumed center, that was my bad. I thought they were plugging durant in at rt, not sliding wylie over. On that note wylie looked better than I expected, the right side of the line held up well, the left side was dog feces.

I watched Wylie closely all game. He played very poorly. Wiz was rusty and looked better as the game went on, but he was lousy in the first half too. 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yes. Fish played terrible.  Fish though was playing hurt I assume too. Wylie has not shown shit at RG and even today not much at RT. I rather see what Rankins had. We don't know though if he can actually play yet. Watch Wylie again and you will see. There were times he got beat outside like he was not even there let alone pushed straight back into the pocket.

Like I said in the other thread, the pre game Sunday night showed the highlights and even the announcers were stating how bad they were. How they needed to protect Mahomes better etc. If announcers can see it, the coaches have to see it. Hell even Romo was talking and a stat was shown how the front 4 had 42.6% pressure in Mahomes in the first half alone.  4 versus 5 for our o line.  Not good.

I agree I'm not saying he was great.  But under the circumstances Wylie played ok. 

And in no way am I saying he should be our RT next year.  He just surprised me a little. 

Wiz got pushed back often a well.  Why aren't we shiting on him? 

Fisher was dreadfully worse than Wylie. 

And Reiter was his usual useless shity self

48 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I was told wisnewski would be starting, i kinda assumed center, that was my bad. I thought they were plugging durant in at rt, not sliding wylie over. On that note wylie looked better than I expected, the right side of the line held up well, the left side was dog feces.

Fisher was dog shit. Allegretti did ok

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

I agree I'm not saying he was great.  But under the circumstances Wylie played ok. 

And in no way am I saying he should be our RT next year.  He just surprised me a little. 

Wiz got pushed back often a well.  Why aren't we shiting on him? 

Fisher was dreadfully worse than Wylie. 

And Reiter was his usual useless shity self

Fisher was playing hurt with a bad back. By all accounts him sticking it out was not great but who else do we have? That said, Wylie is shit. Good depth but we need to find better. If we keep using our RB to help or bring a TE to that side it cost us.

Playing  better, but still being shitty is still shit. I can't believe this but LDT is missed. Thing is he will look great compared to Wylie, but still be shitty. And next year we will bitch that Reid is to loyal to LDT.  We really need a C and RG type in FA or draft. 

AFCWEST Says: Backups , out of position, Fisher playing hurt. Gutty performance against a good defense.

After the game, head coach Andy Reid tipped his hat to the fifth different combination of offensive linemen the Chiefs have used this season.

“We scored points against a good defensive front; you’re talking about one of the best defensive fronts if not the best statistically,” Reid pointed out. “I thought we ran the ball efficiently — especially in the second half. We threw the ball well with the exception of a couple of blitzes that they had. They got us at the end, but we were clean for the most part.”

Reid said that he had talked to the offense about playing four good quarters of football — and said he was impressed with the effort he saw.

“They battled,” he said. “They fought the entire game. They got better as the game went on. The guys stepped up into their roles and found a way to get us across the finish line. Obviously, that’s a good defensive line. I thought they did a good job of battling the entire game.”

Wylie 

“That was the game plan coming in,” he said. “We knew the only chance we had against that front seven [was] if we brought the fight to them — and we did. We ran for a little over 170 tonight. We took the fight to them, for sure. It was a brawl, too — it really was.”

At one point, the Saints’ defensive aggression went a little too far. In the fourth quarter, New Orleans defensive end Cameron Jordan got frustrated enough with Wylie to punch him in the helmet. The play led to his immediate disqualification — which was obviously a huge blow to the Saints defense.

“He was bringing it all game — and I like to think I was matching his energy,” Wylie said of his battle with Jordan. “I had him in tight there, and I wasn’t letting go. Things got a little hot, a little heated — but it’s not like we were talking or anything. I think he just got caught up in the moment.”

Football is a physical, emotional sport where players can lose their self-awareness in the heat of battle. Credit should go to the Chiefs offensive line for bringing an impressive physicality — without dirty play and extra-curricular efforts that could have turned into penalties.

Le’Veon Bell gave credit to his run blockers for his most productive day as a Chief. He rushed 62 yards and totaled 76 yards from scrimmage — both season highs.

When he was asked about how it happened, he summed it up with one word.

“Attitude,” he declared. “Obviously, going to a game like that, we know those guys could be tough up front. They’re really stingy in the run game — I think the week before they gave up a couple 100-yard runners — so we knew they would come in with the motivation to stop the run and not allow that to happen again. We had to come in with the mindset that we could get the job done with whatever we needed, whether we had to throw it or run it. Today — really in the second half — we were called upon to run the ball a lot. I think the guys up front did a tremendous job of moving guys off the ball and creating lanes for me, 25, and 31 to make some plays.”

Paradoxically, the Chiefs offensive front has had some of their most impressive performances when dealing with injuries. When right tackle Mitchell Schwartz left the game against the Buffalo Bills in Week 7, the Chiefs still ran for 245 yards. On Sunday, they took it to a talented defensive front with a left tackle who was dealing with a back injury and a right tackle who hadn’t played the position since college.

They certainly showed holes in pass protection — Patrick Mahomes was often under pressure and was sacked four times — but the line still took advantage of lighter boxes, helping Chiefs running backs put the game out of reach.

To do so against such a formidable opponent was an encouraging sign for how they’ll perform in the postseason — no matter which five offensive lineman are playing.

12 hours ago, Palangi said:

Considering the situation, they all did "ok," except for Fisher, who looked terrible. Must have been his back.  But Mahomes was sacked or hit on quite a few plays that were instead due to the outstanding coverage the Saints showed in the secondary. So many of our targets were just plain covered.  Saints did a very good job against Kelce and Hill.  Very fast and aggressive guys like sharks. We couldn't get around the edge at all on screens and didn't even try except for Hill once.   They were out for blood.  Mahomes exploited that some.  It shows how good we are to have won anyway.  I was a wreck when Mahomes got sandwiched.  That could have been the end us in 2020. BTW, we would have lost the game without Watkins.  HIs few receptions were absolutely key.

Durant was pretty amazing considering he is a developmental guy who hasn't played. I thought so, anyway. Gotta give credit to the D.  They REALLY played well.  They were committed to stop Karmara, and they did. Sneed was fantastic.  A star is being born before our eyes.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Considering the situation, they all did "ok," except for Fisher, who looked terrible. Must have been his back.  But Mahomes was sacked or hit on quite a few plays that were instead due to the outstanding coverage the Saints showed in the secondary. So many of our targets were just plain covered.  Saints did a very good job against Kelce and Hill.  Very fast and aggressive guys like sharks. We couldn't get around the edge at all on screens and didn't even try except for Hill once.   They were out for blood.  Mahomes exploited that some.  It shows how good we are to have won anyway.  I was a wreck when Mahomes got sandwiched.  That could have been the end us in 2020. BTW, we would have lost the game without Watkins.  HIs few receptions were absolutely key.

Durant was pretty amazing considering he is a developmental guy who hasn't played. I thought so, anyway. Gotta give credit to the D.  They REALLY played well.  They were committed to stop Karmara, and they did. Sneed was fantastic.  A star is being born before our eyes.  Oops, double post.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Durant was pretty amazing considering he is a developmental guy who hasn't played. I thought so, anyway. Gotta give credit to the D.  They REALLY played well.  They were committed to stop Karmara, and they did. Sneed was fantastic.  A star is being born before our eyes.

Durant played?