Oline the rest of the season

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Linderbaum is up for the Rimington award. He has such huge upside and him putting on weight this year to 290 pounds is huge. One good thing about Ferentz is his o linemen and him as a former NFL line coach. His son too played center and had nfl playing/coaching time and is the o coordinator.  They and many other coaches, media rave about him at center.  I am thinking he is a top center or top 3 at the least. 

If he didn't play at Iowa I would believe you, 🤣🤣🤣.

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If he didn't play at Iowa I would believe you, 🤣🤣🤣.

Meh, all big ten. Up for the highest award, ap all american.....

There are more i like from Iowa. Nixon at DT. Their WRs, Smith Marsette and Smith, DE Golston and OT Alaric Jackson

Edit. He is just a sophomore too. He may come back but for Ferentz to trust a young kid at center last year and this year says a lot about him. Also the fact the center calls all of the line plays at Iowa and they run a nfl offense there. Imo, well worth a late 1st round pick. I don't think he will be there at end of 2nd. Of course the combine can change everyone's mind too.

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Meh, all big ten. Up for the highest award, ap all american.....

There are more i like from Iowa. Nixon at DT. Their WRs, Smith Marsette and Smith, DE Golston and OT Alaric Jackson

Edit. He is just a sophomore too. He may come back but for Ferentz to trust a young kid at center last year and this year says a lot about him. Also the fact the center calls all of the line plays at Iowa and they run a nfl offense there. Imo, well worth a late 1st round pick. I don't think he will be there at end of 2nd. Of course the combine can change everyone's mind too.

Wish he had a little more weight on him. He got the frame to add 10 or 15 lbs?

26 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Wish he had a little more weight on him. He got the frame to add 10 or 15 lbs?

Yeah. I think he would be like Weigman type player. I do think 295 to 305 would be his weight. Ex wrestler so he knows leverages. He is 6'3". Hudson who we drafted and has done well is 6'2". So maybe 310 to 315 even? He has the frame. Again he is very young and we know as you age you do get stronger. 

43 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I wonder if Henne will get through the game. If you think our starting O Line is bad, just think what their backups are going to look like. 

Just think of the reps they will get that will help depth and our chances in the playoffs when injuries occur.  Think of the rest our tired and sore players will get with the extra week off.

Remember the lack of importance this game has to the non-contenders as well, just like the Chargers.  They will be trying to get their rookies experience for next year and will not have the intensity of drive to win at all costs, because they will be thinking of the future.  That should make things pretty even.

9 hours ago, kkuenn said:

With Landon's injury he has a chance to be first OC...smart move, but he was probably declaring regardless.    I wouldn't mind trading a low round pick to the Eagles for Kelce (rumors are they might cut him) and then draft Landon later on to take over in a year or two. 

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

With Landon's injury he has a chance to be first OC...smart move, but he was probably declaring regardless.    I wouldn't mind trading a low round pick to the Eagles for Kelce (rumors are they might cut him) and then draft Landon later on to take over in a year or two. 

If they're gonna cut him why trade a pick?  If he's a free agent, pretty sure KC knows a guy or 2 with his phone number.

1 hour ago, xen said:

If they're gonna cut him why trade a pick?  If he's a free agent, pretty sure KC knows a guy or 2 with his phone number.

Please no more bandaids here. Let's fix it long term. I was looking a little more closely last night and it seems like the first 2 rounds are pretty stacked with o lineman, but the second tier doesn't seem to be there. Maybe kind of a lull in rounds 3and 4, before it picks back up?

We have to get one early man. At least one week 1 starter at guard or center. 

3 hours ago, xen said:

I was meaning like a 7th rounder.  Sometimes teams don’t cut a player before the draft and that is one position we can’t afford to wait and see about.  

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Please no more bandaids here. Let's fix it long term. I was looking a little more closely last night and it seems like the first 2 rounds are pretty stacked with o lineman, but the second tier doesn't seem to be there. Maybe kind of a lull in rounds 3and 4, before it picks back up?

We have to get one early man. At least one week 1 starter at guard or center. 

With Landons major injury, his second, I’m not sure he will go top 1-2 round.   Kelce would allow him all of 2021 if needed to heal but if he comes back sooner and wins the job Kelce is a great backup.  He’s only making 5 million and if he a cut he won’t even make that if we bring him in.

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

With Landons major injury, his second, I’m not sure he will go top 1-2 round.   Kelce would allow him all of 2021 if needed to heal but if he comes back sooner and wins the job Kelce is a great backup.  He’s only making 5 million and if he a cut he won’t even make that if we bring him in.

This dude sounds like a really poor fit here.

From The Draft Network:

20210101_145801.jpg