Oline the rest of the season

28 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If you are a fan, then you merely applaud or yell when you see them.  Or are you actually a participant?

Reminds me of an old limerick:

"There was a young gal from Devizes,
Who had breasts of different sizes
One was quite small, really nothing at all
But the other was huge and won prizes"

I motorboat. The sound can be construed as an applause plus I participate in doing it.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Rankin did not look great at LT. 

First action in a long time. Might have to move inside. Have him next to Fisher. Draft a Center and go with Niang at RT. RG we can let all those depth players fight it out.

Wasn't able to see the game yesterday how did the line look? 

Specifically durant at RG, Omameh, and Rankin

I know Rankin and Omameh were played out of position.  Both are more guard types.  But from the highlights it looked like the line overall got a lot more push in the run game.  Especially that right side with Durant and Omameh.

2 hours ago, xen said:

I caught bits and pieces of the game

Durant looked good at guard.  Not too surprising as guard is easier to play than tackle but he was getting some serious push in the run game in the plays I saw.

He improved as the day went along. He really did gets some nice push in there. That backup o-line was better than our starters have been in almost any game this yr. 

7 hours ago, xen said:

I caught bits and pieces of the game

Durant looked good at guard.  Not too surprising as guard is easier to play than tackle but he was getting some serious push in the run game in the plays I saw.

Kilgore was good again. Wiz. The RT might be the best choice going into the playoffs

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/1/7/22218514/film-review-evaluating-the-future-of-the-chiefs-offensive-line

Great write up on 2 young lineman.  Durant and Rankin. Could this be our two guards next year? 

Rankin, Durant, Alletretti, LDT.  Not an all star line up, but the Chiefs could get by with them if they draft a starting quality center and OT.  I'm beginning to think OT is the top priority in the first round IF quality drops to them.  

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Rankin, Durant, Alletretti, LDT.  Not an all star line up, but the Chiefs could get by with them if they draft a starting quality center and OT.  I'm beginning to think OT is the top priority in the first round IF quality drops to them.  

LT- Fisher

LG- Rankin

C - Allegretti 

RG- Durant

RT- Niang

Take Tye Hill the center from Georgia with our first round pick. Replaces Allegretti. Now Allegretti gives us solid inside depth at guard and center. 

Take a 3rd round development LT to replace Fisher in a year and can be a swing tackle his first year. 

6 hours ago, Palangi said:

LT- Fisher

LG- Rankin

C - Allegretti 

RG- Durant

RT- Niang

Take Tye Hill the center from Georgia with our first round pick. Replaces Allegretti. Now Allegretti gives us solid inside depth at guard and center. 

Take a 3rd round development LT to replace Fisher in a year and can be a swing tackle his first year. 

Man that is 4 new starters in place. I am all for upgrading though but I bet LDT is back in place unless he is beaten out badly.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Man that is 4 new starters in place. I am all for upgrading though but I bet LDT is back in place unless he is beaten out badly.

I cant imagine that guy coming back to football. He has made a ton of money for a player of his draft position and caliber, and now in his chosen field where he's helping others instead of sustaining injuries. 

Plus 4 of those guys will have been with the team for more than 1 yr and Rankin and Allegretti have started multiple games for us. They are all already on the team and know the system. 

58 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I cant imagine that guy coming back to football. He has made a ton of money for a player of his draft position and caliber, and now in his chosen field where he's helping others instead of sustaining injuries. 

Plus 4 of those guys will have been with the team for more than 1 yr and Rankin and Allegretti have started multiple games for us. They are all already on the team and know the system. 

Still is a lot to replace. Yes they have been playing here and there. Hell Rankins first action in almost 2 years was it? Thing is, do you continue to do this while protecting the franchises QB? Of all positions we need a center. That position is key to calling plays and anchoring the IOL. Would be great to go get a center or a really good FA one imo. Hell being Hudson back.

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Still is a lot to replace. Yes they have been playing here and there. Hell Rankins first action in almost 2 years was it? Thing is, do you continue to do this while protecting the franchises QB? Of all positions we need a center. That position is key to calling plays and anchoring the IOL. Would be great to go get a center or a really good FA one imo. Hell being Hudson back.

If we can find the next Alex Mack for the OC then the entire IOL will get better by default. However a realistic approach is going after the best OC while upgrading the guys next to him. The best thing about our draft is that OC or OG aren't positions teams generally value enough to trade up so we could have some nice options in our hands with early picks. 

12 hours ago, Palangi said:

LT- Fisher

LG- Rankin

C - Allegretti 

RG- Durant

RT- Niang

Take Tye Hill the center from Georgia with our first round pick. Repces Allegretti. Now Allegretti gives us solid inside depth at guard and center. 

There's been no evidence that Allegretti can play OC.  There were opportunities this season and he didn't play there.  Also, the Chiefs don't know what they have in Niang.  Probably he's starter quality if recovered so putting hi in makes sense.  So I'm hoping for a first round OT that can replace Fisher next year, and maybe even this one.  If the Chiefs could release/trade Fisher, they could afford to resign Watkins on a team friendly contract.   A starting OC can be had on the second day like Morse or Hudson were.  OG can also be had in the third or fourth rounds if the value is there, but the Chiefs aren't in such bad shape there.  Durant is a better guard than tackle.  Wiley is a better tackle than guard.  Neither is a plus at this time.  If Osemele come back for another year and Rankin stays healthy, the team is okay at guard for another year.  

37 minutes ago, jetlord said:

There's been no evidence that Allegretti can play OC.  There were opportunities this season and he didn't play there.  Also, the Chiefs don't know what they have in Niang.  Probably he's starter quality if recovered so putting hi in makes sense.  So I'm hoping for a first round OT that can replace Fisher next year, and maybe even this one.  If the Chiefs could release/trade Fisher, they could afford to resign Watkins on a team friendly contract.   A starting OC can be had on the second day like Morse or Hudson were.  OG can also be had in the third or fourth rounds if the value is there, but the Chiefs aren't in such bad shape there.  Durant is a better guard than tackle.  Wiley is a better tackle than guard.  Neither is a plus at this time.  If Osemele come back for another year and Rankin stays healthy, the team is okay at guard for another year.

Allegretti played center at Illinois as well as guard, so if you are ok starting Niang at RT based on college tape only then there's no reason to think Allegretti can't play at center based on college tape. Plus hes been solid as a starter at guard and they've seen him take snaps at center in training camp.

Kicking the can down the road for another year is why our interior line sucks now. There could be some internal solutions here, but signing broke dick veterans and waiting later and later to draft players gets us exactly where we are now. Worried about not being able to repeat because they didn't invest enough in the guys that protect Pat.

46 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Allegretti played center at Illinois as well as guard, so if you are ok starting Niang at RT based on college tape only then there's no reason to think Allegretti can't play at center based on college tape. Plus hes been solid as a starter at guard and they've seen him take snaps at center in training camp.

Kicking the can down the road for another year is why our interior line sucks now. There could be some internal solutions here, but signing broke dick veterans and waiting later and later to draft players gets us exactly where we are now. Worried about not being able to repeat because they didn't invest enough in the guys that protect Pat.

Bring in a Vet. Let them play the year or two while we address it via draft. Then play the draft pick or continue to pick in other drafts until we get it right. Being in a guy like Hudson would be a no brainer if we could only afford him. Kelce too. Give a mid to late try on center then and see what we have.

15 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Bring in a Vet. Let them play the year or two while we address it via draft. Then play the draft pick or continue to pick in other drafts until we get it right. Being in a guy like Hudson would be a no brainer if we could only afford him. Kelce too. Give a mid to late try on center then and see what we have.

At center? They just need to fix it. Same with RG. No matter what it takes. We cannot have sub par players with zero upside going into next season penciled in as starters. 

25 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

At center? They just need to fix it. Same with RG. No matter what it takes. We cannot have sub par players with zero upside going into next season penciled in as starters. 

What i want too. Bring in the vet now. Draft the position and let them battle next year. If the drafted center is not working out then draft again.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm all for fixing the line with new talent.  My point about Allegretti is that he's been on the roster for two years while the Chiefs have a need at center but he hasn't played there.  What's the reason?  I'm hoping for at least two, possibly three, linemen in the first four rounds with priority going to OT and OC.  At this point it's hard to guess which prospects will rise or fall and how much other teams value them so it's hard to come up with specific names.

29 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'm all for fixing the line with new talent.  My point about Allegretti is that he's been on the roster for two years while the Chiefs have a need at center but he hasn't played there.  What's the reason?  I'm hoping for at least two, possibly three, linemen in the first four rounds with priority going to OT and OC.  At this point it's hard to guess which prospects will rise or fall and how much other teams value them so it's hard to come up with specific names.

Kilgore has outplayed Reiter this year when given opportunities.  Yet we continue to go with Reiter. 

Wylie has been a shit show all year.  Durant looked better in his one start. 

Don't judge based off who is playing.  We have an insane loyalty coaching staff.  They don't always put the best player out there. Unless you still think Neimann is better than Gay?