Oline the rest of the season

8 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Man that is 4 new starters in place. I am all for upgrading though but I bet LDT is back in place unless he is beaten out badly.

Yes but when 4 starters are nothing but backups is it really worse? Put in the talent let them build cohesion in training camp.  

Running Reiter and Wylie out there isn't any better.  In fact I would say it is worse. 

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Kilgore has outplayed Reiter this year when given opportunities.  Yet we continue to go with Reiter. 

Wylie has been a shit show all year.  Durant looked better in his one start. 

Don't judge based off who is playing.  We have an insane loyalty coaching staff.  They don't always put the best player out there. Unless you still think Neimann is better than Gay? 

Can't argue with any of that.  It would be great if Allegretti was the answer at OC, but we just don't know that.  

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

No.  End of first round

If you can stabilize the middle of the line to protect Mahomes.  It's worth a first rounder 

End of first?  He is a second day pick at best.  Third round, probably.  One mock I saw actually has KC taking him there.

If we take a center in round one, it had better be Creed.

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Chiefs can get an instant starter at OC in the second round, pick #64, and probably an upgrade over Reiter at the end of the third.  

It depends on how the draft falls as always. There are a couple interior oline worth a day 1 pick.  Couple in round 2.  Those guys could always go quick and we can't be reaching for guys based on need too much.

I would think there will be FA options as well.  Perhaps a stopgap guy like Jason Kelce if the Iggles cut him for the cap next year.

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Chiefs can get an instant starter at OC in the second round, pick #64, and probably an upgrade over Reiter at the end of the third.  

We wanted the Michigan center/guard last year in the first per reports. I don't think the brass cares of where we should take anyone.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

We wanted the Michigan center/guard last year in the first per reports. I don't think the brass cares of where we should take anyone.

Yep. The aints grabbed him. They've invested a ton in protecting their franchise QB over the yrs. Thats why he is 41, owns every passing record that exists, and they are still SB hopefuls.

If the Chiefs continue to put league minimum vets, and late rd picks/UDFA in front of Mahomes, he wont make it to 31 without a major injury. 

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Ruiz was considered a special talent last year.  Is there anyone on the IOL of that status this year?  Maybe Wyatt or Creed, and if there's no one else at 32 that jumps out, maybe the Chiefs would go that way.  I'll still stick to my general feeling that IOL in the first round is usually a reach.  The drop off from round one to round two won't have the impact that's worth missing out on a starting OT or top skill player.  Example:  Would you prefer Creed and a second round LB, WR, or CB, or would you take Zaven Collings in the first and Meyers in the second?  I'd go plan B. 

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Ruiz was considered a special talent last year.  Is there anyone on the IOL of that status this year?  Maybe Wyatt or Creed, and if there's no one else at 32 that jumps out, maybe the Chiefs would go that way.  I'll still stick to my general feeling that IOL in the first round is usually a reach.  The drop off from round one to round two won't have the impact that's worth missing out on a starting OT or top skill player.  Example:  Would you prefer Creed and a second round LB, WR, or CB, or would you take Zaven Collings in the first and Meyers in the second?  I'd go plan B. 

Shit if Collins drops i'll do the happy dance, but frankly his positional importance is about the same as IOL.  

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Isn't he an edge guy, or is that just how he is being projected in mocks, etc?

He's not an edge he's an off ball linebacker.  260 pounds but moves like a 230 pound guy.  It's crazy.  Does everything well.  Great in coverage, plays both man and zone, great COD and explosion.  He's a good blitzer as well so maybe thats why some online guys have him at edge but you'd be wasting his potential doing that.   A guy like that would let us play our base D much more often and really help in nickel.  Can play Will or Sam.  Great leader on that D.  Kid will not drop to us though unless he tests like shit or gets injured.

4 hours ago, xen said:

He's not an edge he's an off ball linebacker.  260 pounds but moves like a 230 pound guy.  It's crazy.  Does everything well.  Great in coverage, plays both man and zone, great COD and explosion.  He's a good blitzer as well so maybe thats why some online guys have him at edge but you'd be wasting his potential doing that.   A guy like that would let us play our base D much more often and really help in nickel.  Can play Will or Sam.  Great leader on that D.  Kid will not drop to us though unless he tests like shit or gets injured.

Read somewhere that he's a little soft and gets blocked easily.   

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Read somewhere that he's a little soft and gets blocked easily.   

Thats the knock on him.  I think most of that is technique issues.  I've seen him just blow up blockers but he definitely has some early career DJ syndrome where he just tries to run around guys he should be running through.  They play a 3-3-5  defense as well, so there's going to be a learning curve.  The good news is he plays all over the place, from all 3 LB positions to edge and even some safety, so that versatility is a plus.

9 hours ago, xen said:

Thats the knock on him.  I think most of that is technique issues.  I've seen him just blow up blockers but he definitely has some early career DJ syndrome where he just tries to run around guys he should be running through.  They play a 3-3-5  defense as well, so there's going to be a learning curve.  The good news is he plays all over the place, from all 3 LB positions to edge and even some safety, so that versatility is a plus.

Will the Chiefs use their top pick for another LB?  Gay and Hitch are probably inked in for next season so Collins would be used about 20% of the time on defense.  Still. he could be a real asset when Hitchens leaves after next season.  I hope the Chiefs go OT in the first, OC on day two, and OG anytime there's value there after that.  If Durant can be trained up to play guard, OG may not be a priority.  LDT says he's coming back as well.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Will the Chiefs use their top pick for another LB?  Gay and Hitch are probably inked in for next season so Collins would be used about 20% of the time on defense.  Still. he could be a real asset when Hitchens leaves after next season.  I hope the Chiefs go OT in the first, OC on day two, and OG anytime there's value there after that.  If Durant can be trained up to play guard, OG may not be a priority.  LDT says he's coming back as well.

Probably won't even have a chance at him so it's probably moot, and we all know Spags doesn't like to play rookie LBs (evidently lol).  And hell, it's not a simple defensive system so I get it.   For that matter it would probably be better to go after a guy like Olave and fix the Z receiver position.  Still would love to see this kid in KC. 

There really needs to be upgrades here next year.  I know we have talked about it ad nauseum. But Reiter really is horrible.  Absolutely terrible.  

Wylie played ok. But damn ok isn't what should be OK. Why durant or Rankin can't play over him is terrible.  

With Allegretti getting tons of experience he better be pushed inside to center for next year.  Let Reiter walk away..... far away! 

9 minutes ago, Palangi said:

There really needs to be upgrades here next year.  I know we have talked about it ad nauseum. But Reiter really is horrible.  Absolutely terrible.  

Wylie played ok. But damn ok isn't what should be OK. Why durant or Rankin can't play over him is terrible.  

With Allegretti getting tons of experience he better be pushed inside to center for next year.  Let Reiter walk away..... far away! 

Lol..yea ad nauseam...no one outside of 1 Arrowhead dr., can seem to figure it out. I personally watched Kilgore,  Allegrati and Wiz blow holes open in the chargers game. 

Then we com back this week and watch Reiter and Wylie get blown off the ball on running plays?? 

I know the coaches Watch fucking tape weekly! That's their gotdamn job! Why they keep rolling Reiter and Wylie out there will go down as the biggest mystery/conspiracy of the 2020 COVID season.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Lol..yea ad nauseam...no one outside of 1 Arrowhead dr., can seem to figure it out. I personally watched Kilgore,  Allegrati and Wiz blow holes open in the chargers game. 

Then we com back this week and watch Reiter and Wylie get blown off the ball on running plays?? 

I know the coaches Watch fucking tape weekly! That's their gotdamn job! Why they keep rolling Reiter and Wylie out there will go down as the biggest mystery/conspiracy of the 2020 COVID season.

Followed very closely by Ben Neimann