Oline the rest of the season

I know we probably don't like this idea but I could see us grabbing the best edge in the first as its the best value.   Grabbing or moving up in the 2nd for the center we want.  Grabbing a wr in the 3rd and depth after that.   Rankins/Durant at LG,  LDT at RG  Rookie at C  With Fisher and Niang.   Problaby bring Remmers back along with Allegretti for depth.    I don't think we go three rounds without adding a weapon to replace Watkins and DE is the missing piece to this D being possibly top 5.   We have done well this year with not much pressure which is amazing.

19 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I know we probably don't like this idea but I could see us grabbing the best edge in the first as its the best value.   Grabbing or moving up in the 2nd for the center we want.  Grabbing a wr in the 3rd and depth after that.   Rankins/Durant at LG,  LDT at RG  Rookie at C  With Fisher and Niang.   Problaby bring Remmers back along with Allegretti for depth.    I don't think we go three rounds without adding a weapon to replace Watkins and DE is the missing piece to this D being possibly top 5.   We have done well this year with not much pressure which is amazing.

I actually agree with this almost 100% please God just don't let them re-sign Reiter or Wylie. Its bad enough that LDT is coming back, because you know he's getting stuck right back into the starting lineup. 

I have a ton of respect for the guy and what he did this year, but he is a below average RG.

Side note: I cannot let you misspell Rankin any longer. My OCD can't handle it. 🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I actually agree with this almost 100% please God just don't let them re-sign Reiter or Wylie. Its bad enough that LDT is coming back, because you know he's getting stuck right back into the starting lineup. 

I have a ton of respect for the guy and what he did this year, but he is a below average RG.

Side note: I cannot let you misspell Rankin any longer. My OCD can't handle it. 🤣🤣🤣

LDT may have lost his playing weight and enjoy being a doctor. Would not surprise me if he chose not to come back.

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

LDT may have lost his playing weight and enjoy being a doctor. Would not surprise me if he chose not to come back.

Wasn't it announced last week that LDT intends to come back?  If the Chiefs could get a starting OT in the first, assuming that Schwartz is done, they could grab a starting OC on day two and the guard positions would take care of themselves.  Niang or new guy could play guard until Fisher is gone.  Durant has possibilities along with Rankin and Allegretti.

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Wasn't it announced last week that LDT intends to come back?  If the Chiefs could get a starting OT in the first, assuming that Schwartz is done, they could grab a starting OC on day two and the guard positions would take care of themselves.  Niang or new guy could play guard until Fisher is gone.  Durant has possibilities along with Rankin and Allegretti.

I bet Niang plugs in at RT

Quiet signing this week.  We took Prince Tega-Wobogho off the Eagles practice squad.  He is a 2nd year guy out of auburn.  Could be a analyst get a a future LT prospect.  Kid has tons of potential.  He is on our practice squad now. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Thank you.  I've been saying this as well.  Everyone excited about LDT forgets how porous and injury prone he is.  He should not be an answer to our RG position.  

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I feel pretty good about Allegretti getting the center spot next year with experience he has gained this year.  He has played center in college and the pros.  And this year has been very solid as a LG. I think he has more value as a center than guard as well.  I'd still like to see a 3rd round guy drafted to compete though.  

I like the 1st round edge guy too. 

It's OL or bust for me. Mahomes is the franchise and we are always one injury away from sucking. Start with OL and keep on drafting them. This team spent around 2 years without being able to run up the middle in goal line or 3rd & short situations, that's just pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I’m glad you said something I’m normally like that too but really thought it was Rankins. 😂 

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Quiet signing this week.  We took Prince Tega-Wobogho off the Eagles practice squad.  He is a 2nd year guy out of auburn.  Could be a analyst get a a future LT prospect.  Kid has tons of potential.  He is on our practice squad now. 

Loved this pick up!!!  If he can get healthy has lots of potential and worse case is our swing tackle.   Love that and the Callaway signing too!

10 hours ago, Palangi said:

Had no idea they made this move. I saw mocks that year that had him going as high as round 3 or 4. I was shocked to see him still on the board as the draft went along. I absolutely love this move. 

I wasn't aware you could take a player off another teams practice squad and put him on your own. Interesting.

47 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Had no idea they made this move. I saw mocks that year that had him going as high as round 3 or 4. I was shocked to see him still on the board as the draft went along. I absolutely love this move. 

I wasn't aware you could take a player off another teams practice squad and put him on your own. Interesting.

All PS contracts toll when your season ends and guys are free to sign anywhere.  Great signing.  I liked him in college for our system.

11 hours ago, Palangi said:

Did they introduce an exception to the PS to active roster rule?

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Loved this pick up!!!  If he can get healthy has lots of potential and worse case is our swing tackle.   Love that and the Callaway signing too!

I think swing tackle next year then replace Fisher the following year

3 hours ago, xen said:

All PS contracts toll when your season ends and guys are free to sign anywhere.  Great signing.  I liked him in college for our system.

Yeah. Uber athletic. Super raw. Is Heck the right guy to develop him? My initial reaction would be a resounding "fuck no."

But surely the fact that every young player thats been drafted here or signed as an UDFA while he's been the oline coach turning out to be a fuckin bum is more of an indictment on someon else. Like the scoreboard operator or guy that gets the grass stains out of the jerseys. Can't be Heck. Reid loves him. 

Not sure if the Browns are bad but there were some huh cut back lanes yesterday.   Not sure the Bills are much better against the run.   Even if we had to run with Henne there is a path to victory if CEH is healthy and Reid is on his game.   Would obviously be tough but we split against a good GB and Vikings team last year with Moore and that Vikings D was a good bit better than this Buffalo D.   With Mahomes and a good run game this game could be a blow out.

10 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I've been harsh on the O Line but thought they played well yesterday

Pretty much every player on the line had some stupid penalty and Reiter was a no show in some plays. They generally did well blocking up the field in some runs but other than that I thought it was the same crappy OL we have been watching all year long. I think the Browns DL being a one man show may have been misleading.