Oline the rest of the season

33 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Remmers stepped up. 

I hope we bring him back next year as a swing tackle/depth on the iol.   He is very versatile.    

Fisher, Rankin, Rookie, LDT, Niang (Which this oline doesn't just blow me away and I can't see Reid rolling with 3 rookies on the right side so maybe a FA OG to fight with Rankin?)

Remmers, Allegretti, Durant, Prince Tega

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I hope we bring him back next year as a swing tackle/depth on the iol.   He is very versatile.    

Fisher, Rankin, Rookie, LDT, Niang (Which this oline doesn't just blow me away and I can't see Reid rolling with 3 rookies on the right side so maybe a FA OG to fight with Rankin?)

Remmers, Allegretti, Durant, Prince Tega

Allegretti has played good football this year. I'd love to see what he brings to the table at Center. He is much stronger than Reiter and pass blocking might be easier in the phone booth. There's no reason he shouldn't be in the mix for a starting job.

Gettin Niang back is like getting an extra high pick we don't have to use on a OL. So if they draft another one in the first 3 rounds, and sign a half decent FA on a 1 yr deal...we could actually really improve the competition and overall quality of the line without having to spend a fortune or committing money long term.

19 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Allegretti has played good football this year. I'd love to see what he brings to the table at Center. He is much stronger than Reiter and pass blocking might be easier in the phone booth. There's no reason he shouldn't be in the mix for a starting job.

Gettin Niang back is like getting an extra high pick we don't have to use on a OL. So if they draft another one in the first 3 rounds, and sign a half decent FA on a 1 yr deal...we could actually really improve the competition and overall quality of the line without having to spend a fortune or committing money long term.

Great point. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Agree, except it's hard to understand why Allegretti hasn't been used at OC at all this year with such an obvious need.  Is it that hard to learn to call the blocking formations?  Can't he snap the ball reliably?  I'm not counting on the Chiefs signing any significant FAs this off season.  The cap room just isn't there.  Of course, about 25 other teams have a similar problem so the market for one year deals might be pretty low.

Another interesting prospect is Durant.  Dude is stout and should be playing at guard.   If by some miracle Prince Tega could develop......Veach reaches Jedi master level GM status.  

51 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree, except it's hard to understand why Allegretti hasn't been used at OC at all this year with such an obvious need.  Is it that hard to learn to call the blocking formations?  Can't he snap the ball reliably?  I'm not counting on the Chiefs signing any significant FAs this off season.  The cap room just isn't there.  Of course, about 25 other teams have a similar problem so the market for one year deals might be pretty low.

Allegretti has played center in college and the NFL. He is also considered a very smart kid.  I just think it is as simple as Reid is a loyal guy.  He let Reiter have it for the year.  

But yes Allegretti is much more stout than Reiter.  He is a very good pass blocker.  And we would get a better push in the run game as well. 

Getting Allegretti the experience at guard this year may have been the plan.  To see how he would react and respond to fill time status.  

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

Allegretti has played center in college and the NFL. He is also considered a very smart kid.  I just think it is as simple as Reid is a loyal guy.  He let Reiter have it for the year.  

But yes Allegretti is much more stout than Reiter.  He is a very good pass blocker.  And we would get a better push in the run game as well. 

Getting Allegretti the experience at guard this year may have been the plan.  To see how he would react and respond to fill time status.  

Forget Allegretti, who may or may not be better, Reid's loyalty is sitting Kilgore out who we all know to be better than Reiter within this lineup. Being a players' coach has some serious advantages but also has some downsides as we are currently suffering.

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

I think its as simple as "if it ain't broke." He's played well at guard. No reason to disrupt that. But Reiter being a free agent opens up an area of need.

They could leave him at guard and have to look elsewhere at center. Or they could slide him over and try one of several internal candidates at LG. Rankin, Durant, etc. These guys are already here and know our scheme. Reid and Veach have both spoken highly if Durant. I think they like him at guard. 

I think its as simple as "if it ain't broke." He's played well at guard. No reason 64. disrupt that. But Reiter being a free agent opens up an area of need.

They could leave him at guard and have to look elsewhere at center. Or they could slide him over and try one of several internal candidates at LG. Rankin, Durant, etc. These guys are already here and know our scheme. Reid and Veach have both spoken highly if Durant. I think they like him at guard. 

Durant looked more like a guard than OT, that's for sure.  He still has a lot of skills to work on before becoming a starter there except in emergency.  As for OC, I think the Chiefs are forced to draft one, probably on the second day.  Hudson and Morse were instant starters and thee are several in the upcoming draft that will be available by pick #64.

I really like what Allegretti brings to the offensive line.  High energy and a nasty steak. We need that up front.  I would really like to see him move to center. Get bigger and more physical in the middle.  

Before anyone says something about.... we don't know if he can play center. 

He has played center in the league.  Has preseason games under his belt and got some snaps last year too. He also played some center in college a well. And the talk was of him at center when drafted.  

On 1/20/2021 at 2:46 AM, sith13 said:

Forget Allegretti, who may or may not be better, Reid's loyalty is sitting Kilgore out who we all know to be better than Reiter within this lineup. Being a players' coach has some serious advantages but also has some downsides as we are currently suffering.

I'm not sure. I understand what you're saying, but I think it's more to what Reid is doing than we may know. We've been complaining about the oline for the last few seasons, and it always seems to come together.

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

I'm not sure. I understand what you're saying, but I think it's more to what Reid is doing than we may know. We've been complaining about the oline for the last few seasons, and it always seems to come together.

26-1 so i guess its not too bad

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Remmers looked like shit the last couple of years but has been good for us this year.  Keep that in mind when writing off offensive linemen.  

Agreed. Reid is often known as a QB whisperer, but he also seems to know O Lineman, having played the position.  Andy heck ( I think that's his name) The O line coach does a decent job with these guys. 

11 minutes ago, xen said:

Remmers looked like shit the last couple of years but has been good for us this year.  Keep that in mind when writing off offensive linemen.  

Ldt having a year off may help him reset and ease the aches and pains. He may come back stronger. 

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

Allgretti looks like the best lineman on the field 

He needs to start getting his due respect. The dude is a starting caliber player, period. He fuckin mauls in the run game and the pressure on drop backs isn't coming from the guys he's lined up across from. Whether he stays at LG or they try him at C, he needs to be penciled in next year as more than depth.