Schwartz goes on IR & Wiz may be coming back to KC

The Chiefs placed starting RT Mitchell Schwartz on injured reserve. Schwartz has missed the past four games with a back injury and with his move to injured reserve, he’ll miss the next three games at the very least. This marks his first stint on injured reserve in his entire nine-year career.

According to the NFL’s official transaction report, free-agent offensive lineman OL Stefen Wisniewski will be in Kansas City for a visit with his former team. Wisniewski left the Chiefs in free agency following the 2019 NFL season, signing with his hometown team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. If he does end up re-signing with Kansas City, he’ll need to go through COVID-19 screening. That means the earliest that we could possibly see him rostered would be next week.

Chiefs signed OL Stefen Wisniewski to the practice squad.

Wisniewski will chill on the practice squad momentarily while he gets caught up to speed with the Chiefs playbook, but he's expected to crack the active roster for the final stretch of the season and into the playoffs. His veteran presence is a plus even in a backup r

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Anyone know what is going on with Schwartz back? Something this prolonged has me a bit concerned. Normally it doesn't bother me, but Schwartz is a tough SOB, curious if this will linger throughout the rest of his career. 

Read somewhere they speculate back spasms. They can last a long time and be a career killer if not dealt with properly.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Read somewhere they speculate back spasms. They can last a long time and be a career killer if not dealt with properly.

Rather him sit extra time and be ready for the playoffs than rush him and get hurt again.   He did practice though this week I thought so maybe re aggravated it.

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Rather him sit extra time and be ready for the playoffs than rush him and get hurt again.   He did practice though this week I thought so maybe re aggravated it.

At 8-1 I think ,hope, KC is being extra careful so he is 100% for the playoffs.

10 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Anyone know what is going on with Schwartz back? Something this prolonged has me a bit concerned. Normally it doesn't bother me, but Schwartz is a tough SOB, curious if this will linger throughout the rest of his career. 

after 9+ seasons even little or minor injuries tend to linger a lot longer