DeVonta Smith -WR

He might not be the fastest or biggest wr but I think he would fit perfectly in this offense.  Great route runner, great hands, smooth in and out of breaks and always seems to get open.  Because of lack of 4.3 speed and size he could find his way closer to our 32nd pick.    Would fill in nicely for a departing Watkins.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

He might not be the fastest or biggest wr but I think he would fit perfectly in this offense.  Great route runner, great hands, smooth in and out of breaks and always seems to get open.  Because of lack of 4.3 speed and size he could find his way closer to our 32nd pick.    Would fill in nicely for a departing Watkins.

Smith may go early, even ahead of Waddle. 

2020 rookie class notwithstanding, there's no doubt day 2 receivers appear to be tearing it up compared to day 1 receivers lately.  I would think you can find better value there.  Besides they're gonna take 2 to 3 years to fully develop in this offense regardless of where you take them in the draft.  

That said we definitely need to prioritize the position.  Keep feeding the monster.  

Two 30+ OTs and a swiss chesse of an interior line is much more worrisome than a WR at this point. There's a very good chance that Watkins will be back for dirt cheap and if not FA WRs will be killing each other to play with Mahomes.

Since it takes about a decade to get WRs up to speed in Reid's system it's always a good idea to get one with a late 2nd day pick or an early 3rd day pick but any 1sts and possibly 2nds should be spent on OL and LB at this point. 

As much as I’d like a guy like waffle or Smith, I think OL in the first and wr in the 2nd followed by LB and IOL in the third this year.  I agree we need to continue to feed Mahomes wrs but giving him time to read and throw might be just as important.  Next year we might get Watkins back cheap or a handful of other wrs on one year deals especially if the cap is reduced.  Less money to go around means player will be less likely to saddle themselves with a smaller longer term contract.   

IOL and WR2 can be had on day two, especially if the Chefs have three picks then.  CB and OT is worth a first if a stud is there near pick 30.  Just have to see how the LBs fall.  Have to love the way Bolton plays at MU but he's a bit small for the pros.  Might be had in the third.  I'm guessing an OT in the first or possibly CB depending on who's available and how the FAs fall out.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Depends on whether Sammy comes back or not.  I'm guessing not unless he sings cheap.   Robinson knows the system, but he can be replaced easily. 

I hope he does not come back. Hill & Hardman & Kelce & CEH are enough. Pick up a free agent cheap vet. Give the other guys like Kemp a chance. I thought our MVP QB was suppose to make guys better? He does. So please KC do not use any picks 1-4th round on offense skill players. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Seems about right if the value is there.  Might switch WR and IOL depending on how they view Niang and Rankin and whether LDT is coming back. 

LDT is going to cost us 4 million next year and I think Rankins and Allegretti are both better players.