Here are the Chiefs’ inactives for tonight’s game against the Raiders:

WR Sammy Watkins

S Tedric Thompson

CB BoPete Keyes

LB Darius Harris

TE Ricky Seals-Jones

DE Tim Ward

DT Khalen Saunders

Khalen Saunders has been a healthy scratch since he came back.  Wharton done stole all his snaps.

Veach's only draft knock is he sometimes takes raw guys with upside way too early.  Kpass, Saunders, and Speaks have definitely not played up to their draft pick.  To some degree he did it again this year with Willie Gay in the 2nd.   I don't have a problem with taking high ceiling guys but those 2nd round picks need to be producing something before their 2nd to last and last year and then it better be good production to warrant the first 2 learning curve years.   

Agree, Wharton has stole his spot.

6 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

The amount of games Watkins has missed in his career is amazing. Got to address WR2 next year.

I think even if you could get Sammy back on a cheap deal with the cap situation this year it is time to move on.  We need a reliable guy moving forward.  Maybe Hardman is that guy but one injury to Hill and Kelce and we are in a bind.

Keep Sammy if he can be had cheaply.  When he does play, it give the opposing defense that much ore to worry about.  Robinson needs to go.  For every productive catch, Robinson makes a stupid mistake.  Sammy can be trusted much more even if it's only part time.  Watch him produce in the playoffs again.  

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Keep Sammy if he can be had cheaply.  When he does play, it give the opposing defense that much ore to worry about.  Robinson needs to go.  For every productive catch, Robinson makes a stupid mistake.  Sammy can be trusted much more even if it's only part time.  Watch him produce in the playoffs again.  

This. 
if Robison has that ball in one hand again I’ll shit my pants while screaming at the tv. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

the thing about sammy I like is that he's smart with the football AFTER the catch... he takes what he can get and doesn't take risks (injury or turnover) for an extra yard or two. WRs are not RBs.

Tyreek... who I love... sometimes he needs to take the gain and a knee... like during wasp in the SB... just fucking go down... don't risk it

On 11/23/2020 at 2:43 AM, Lamardirts said:

Veach's only draft knock is he sometimes takes raw guys with upside way too early.  Kpass, Saunders, and Speaks have definitely not played up to their draft pick.  To some degree he did it again this year with Willie Gay in the 2nd.   I don't have a problem with taking high ceiling guys but those 2nd round picks need to be producing something before their 2nd to last and last year and then it better be good production to warrant the first 2 learning curve years.   

Agree, Wharton has stole his spot.

When you're in day 2 or 3 its usually either guys with high athletic upside who need to learn technique, guys with technique but not the athletic upside, or small school guys who may have both but haven't proven it against top competition so may be a mirage.    If they had both they would have gone in the first round.

So which would you rather have?  

KC tends to go after the athletes and hopes to develop them.  Considering our coaching staff it's a pretty good bet.  

The draft is a 50-50 proposition no matter what you do. And thats in the first round.  Your odds get worse every round of the draft after that.  

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

It is fine to keep Sammy if he is cheap but you still have to bring in another guy because you cannot count on Sammy to play 14 or more games. Hardman is too much of a poor mans Hill to be that guy.

Keep Sammy cheap, drop Robinson, get a fourth or fifth round pick with some over the middle potential to play when Sammy rides the bench.  Hill, Sammy, Hardman, Pringle, new guy.  Good weapons without breaking the bank or wasting a high draft pick. 

Sammy Watkins (calf, hamstring) practiced in full Wednesday.

Watkins has been out since Week 5 with various nicks and dings. He's looking to make it back this week against the Bucs. Watkins' return would be fantasy hits to Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson behind Tyreek Hill.