Raiders game day thread

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

No doubt. Reid and Veach need to shore up o line and get a game changing LB. 

I would argue just replace Ben Niemann with a fire hydrant and get another DE opposite Clark.   Starting to worry that Clark is an overpriced run stuffing DE.  He applies little to no pressure.  Seems like he gets held kinda like Hali used too but without a partner in crime he was pretty blah.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I would argue just replace Ben Niemann with a fire hydrant and get another DE opposite Clark.   Starting to worry that Clark is an overpriced run stuffing DE.  He applies little to no pressure.  Seems like he gets held kinda like Hali used too but without a partner in crime he was pretty blah.

We should've signed Ogbah. 

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

AFC WEST is no longer a gimmie. Raiders have arrived and the Chargers have a fantastic young QB. 

For future years you mean?

This year we have a 3 game lead + the common games tiebreaker with six games to go.  It would be a collapse if we don't win the division running away.

Just now, Holmes4six! said:

Breeland was abused tonight. Another week for Snead to get ready. Didn’t hear fentons name tonight. That must be a good thing. Honey badger looked like garbage. I wish he would hit like abram. 

Everybody bashing Dan (yes he was beaten a few times) but he played no worse than Mathieu and played a hell of a lot better than Breeland.. Hell Breeland got run past in prevent there at the end 

5 minutes ago, mex said:

the defense needs shoring RIGHT NOW

we got a tough stretch of games ahead fellas... gonna be exhilarating or hugely disappointing... but man the defense sucked tonight... big time... 

I think the Raiders had a lot to do with that. They really wanted to beat the Chiefs again, and Carr played pretty good along with Gruden's game plan. I would say, let's see what happens next week to be sure, but they're facing a good Bucs team next week, so they may look just as bad, if not worse. 

I just want Mahomes to be Mahomes and hope they win

I just thought about something. The Chiefs this year seem to have had issues with teams in their division, but they have played really well against the top teams. I hope this bodes well against the Bucs. I'm a little buzzed right now (probably borderline drunk) so there's that. Just trying to be optimistic. 

9 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

My optimistic take:  yeah the Raiders have made up some ground on us and it's going to be a battle for the next few years.  But they've had to bring their A game both times and we played far from our best in both games yet we still got the split.

Raiders have been playing good ball all year. They were 6-3. They are a tough out whether it’s in our division Or not. 
They have laid a blueprint for teams and spags better get it straightened out quick. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

...and MIA.

doesn't seem very long ago that everyone was saying how easy our schedule was... now it's turning out to be the toughest in the NFL

then look at Pitt... they get the NFC Least

I know we have a couple of tough games but we've got a really good lead on the #2 seed.  Two games up on the Bills and Colts with the current tiebreaker in both cases (H2H vs. Bills, conference record vs. Colts).  It would basically be a disaster if we go 12-4 and I think that's the #2 seed for sure.

As sorry as the defense was tonight, they have given up fewer points than Tampa Bay.  Also, consider that nearly a third of the points the Chiefs have given up are in the two Raider games.  Maybe the matchups are just bad against Lv.  I'm not saying the defense doesn't need major fixing, but they're not as hopeless and the Raiders made them look.  That being said, can anyone name one defensive player that was as asset to the game tonight?

MIA looked bad today.  Not sure I'm scared of them.

NO is weird because it's looking like we'll get the Taysom Hill version, and I don't know if we really know what to expect from them at this point.

TB scares me the most, they have both the highest ceiling and a pretty shocking floor.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

MIA looked bad today.  Not sure I'm scared of them.

NO is weird because it's looking like we'll get the Taysom Hill version, and I don't know if we really know what to expect from them at this point.

TB scares me the most, they have both the highest ceiling and a pretty shocking floor.

Mia can't decide which QB gives them the best chance of winning their division.  Andy will have plenty of time to study Hill at QB for N.O.  Agree that TB is scary, but after tonight, the Chiefs have little to lose and as I posted earlier in this thread, TB has given up points to lesser offenses than KC.  Then there's the fact that the Chargers always give the Chiefs a hard time.