Raiders game day thread

20 or fewer points in 7/10 games.  31+ in the other three:  Raiders (40 and 31) and the Panthers (31).  Panthers threw the kitchen sink at us with all the 4th down attempts and crazy catches - hard to say they didn't get lucky.

Raiders appear to be a bad matchup, I hope we can figure them out.

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

MIA looked bad today.  Not sure I'm scared of them.

NO is weird because it's looking like we'll get the Taysom Hill version, and I don't know if we really know what to expect from them at this point.

TB scares me the most, they have both the highest ceiling and a pretty shocking floor.

The Chiefs have been just good enough in most games. No doubt any team, except Denver, could beat KC down the stretch.

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

As sorry as the defense was tonight, they have given up fewer points than Tampa Bay.  Also, consider that nearly a third of the points the Chiefs have given up are in the two Raider games.  Maybe the matchups are just bad against Lv.  I'm not saying the defense doesn't need major fixing, but they're not as hopeless and the Raiders made them look.  That being said, can anyone name one defensive player that was as asset to the game tonight?

pennel on the running game... in fact, I thought we did well defending the run tonight

31 minutes ago, mex said:

pennel on the running game... in fact, I thought we did well defending the run tonight

Yeah, the Chiefs had more rushing yards than the Raiders.  Who would have thought Mahomes would throw 345 yards, the Chiefs would run for more yards, and still, the Raiders probably should have won the game.  After all the years of losing winnable games, it sure is nice to be on the other end.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

20 or fewer points in 7/10 games.  31+ in the other three:  Raiders (40 and 31) and the Panthers (31).  Panthers threw the kitchen sink at us with all the 4th down attempts and crazy catches - hard to say they didn't get lucky.

Raiders appear to be a bad matchup, I hope we can figure them out.

3-4 yard plays ended up going for much longer, if we actually knew how to tackle this would have been an easy game. 

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, the Chiefs had more rushing yards than the Raiders.  Who would have thought Mahomes would throw 345 yards, the Chiefs would run for more yards, and still, the Raiders probably should have won the game.  After all the years of losing winnable games, it sure is nice to be on the other end.

wasn't it tho? We're finally elway-ing teams... brady-ing teams... manning-ing teams

which is nice

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

At what point do they acknowledge that our defense played better the second half of last year with 3 safeties on the field?

Dan got a huge pick, but in general he is a liability in coverage. This is an area where Thornhill excelled last yr. 

The sad thing is everyone Watts is given a chance he shows ability and Tedric Thompson has more range than Sorenson too. Yet we continue to play Sorenson. Sure he makes a splash play here and there.  But in between he is a HUGE liability.  

I would like to know the thought process on playing Niemann too? He is weak and slow.  

Sure DOD isn't very big.  But when he has had chances he has flashed too. He brings elite LB speed to the position.  I'm not saying he has to be a starter,  but on sub packages where they are throwing out him in over Niemann keep Sorenson out of the box too and let DOD be the coverage guy in there.  

In nickel situations instead of Niemann and Sorenson being the LBs let Wilson/Gay and DOD be the LBs.

I don't get out insistence on playing lower level guys... Sorenson,  Niemann, Reiter, etc...

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

I would like to know the thought process on playing Niemann too? He is weak and slow.  

Sure DOD isn't very big.  But when he has had chances he has flashed too. He brings elite LB speed to the position.  I'm not saying he has to be a starter,  but on sub packages where they are throwing out him in over Niemann keep Sorenson out of the box too and let DOD be the coverage guy in there.  

In nickel situations instead of Niemann and Sorenson being the LBs let Wilson/Gay and DOD be the LBs.

I don't get out insistence on playing lower level guys... Sorenson,  Niemann, Reiter, etc...

My thoughts. Spags and Reid see these guys every day and extensive tape. If the back ups were better they would be playing more. 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

My thoughts. Spags and Reid see these guys every day and extensive tape. If the back ups were better they would be playing more. 

Not true.  Allegretti has put performed Wylie and Reiter since being inserted.  Yet it was Wylie and Reiter starting from the get go while Allegretti only got out there because of injury

To think coaches don't have biases is being naive. 

4 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Not true.  Allegretti has put performed Wylie and Reiter since being inserted.  Yet it was Wylie and Reiter starting from the get go while Allegretti only got out there because of injury

To think coaches don't have biases is being naive. 

Their Bias has only created an 18-1 record. LOL