Saints Game

4 minutes ago, Balto said:

Taysom Hill took over and actually looked ok.  He looked like a better armed, just as good of runner Lamar Jackson type.  So maybe game plan like the Ravens now?

I have heard like 3 to 5 weeks. Brees might be good to go by this game

Think about who has given us trouble and who we've beaten over the last few years:  the Lamar / Josh Allen types who run and scramble but may have limitations in the passing game, or the Rivers / Carr / Brady types who can dink and dunk you to death?

I think Hill would be easier to play than Brees, unless Brees' age really starts to show and he turns into 2015 Manning.

24 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Think about who has given us trouble and who we've beaten over the last few years:  the Lamar / Josh Allen types who run and scramble but may have limitations in the passing game, or the Rivers / Carr / Brady types who can dink and dunk you to death?

I think Hill would be easier to play than Brees, unless Brees' age really starts to show and he turns into 2015 Manning.

The chargers have beat us once since 2013.  A 1 point win. And we have mostly owmed carr also.  Brady gives every team trouble. 

8 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The chargers have beat us once since 2013.  A 1 point win. And we have mostly owmed carr also.  Brady gives every team trouble. 

Well I'm talking in the Mahomes era.  We haven't lost a lot of games, period.  But 4/9 have been to the three I mentioned.  Throw in Tannehill as another uber-efficient guy for #5.  We haven't lost to Jackson or Allen.  Closest is maybe Watson?

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I have heard like 3 to 5 weeks. Brees might be good to go by this game

Brees was put on IR and I'm reading the earliest is Chiefs game for a return and maybe longer.  

Soooo we either don't have to face Brees OR we get Brees's 1st game back with still some ginger ribs/lung.  Works for me!

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Well I'm talking in the Mahomes era.  We haven't lost a lot of games, period.  But 4/9 have been to the three I mentioned.  Throw in Tannehill as another uber-efficient guy for #5.  We haven't lost to Jackson or Allen.  Closest is maybe Watson?

Mahomes Era:

2018:  Lost to Brady x2, Rams shoot out, Rivers and Wilson

2019:  Colts Brissett, Watson, Rodgers, and Titans

This season its been Carr 

I'm sure its like every team but it seems good QBs and/or elite D is the only hope to beat us and those pure pocket passers with great ability to read defenses are the hardest for us.

So yes I'd rather face Hill than Brees in a few weeks hahaha

Remaining Schedule:

Brady, Lock, Tua, Hill/Brees, Matty Iceand Chargers again.  Mostly pocket guys

Just now, kkuenn said:

You can play with broken ribs. Just need to wear the vest. I think it is a matter of healing the lung up and getting the ribs to start to heal.

ever had broken ribs?  I just had one... not 11... back in the early 80's in the prime of my life

took 12 weeks to recover... 14 to get back to normal

most pain I ever felt... couldn't sleep, couldn't do a sit up

and if I sneezed?  forget it... excruciating

I ain't lyin' it was fucking painful for at least 2 months

I highly doubt he'll be back in football shape in 3-5 with 11 broken ribs

5 minutes ago, mex said:

ever had broken ribs?  I just had one... not 11... back in the early 80's in the prime of my life

Broke 3 on my right side. Continued to do what I could within pain tolerance when I was Infantry. There are rib protectors for it and plenty of QBs have played with broken ribs. Also Brees possibly thinks week 14.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_ca56e492-2c6c-11eb-9d62-2723b810ea39.html

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Broke 3 on my right side. Continued to do what I could within pain tolerance when I was Infantry. There are rib protectors for it and plenty of QBs have played with broken ribs. Also Brees possibly thinks week 14.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_ca56e492-2c6c-11eb-9d62-2723b810ea39.html

God Bless the Infantry @Maui

23 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

ain't no way I could have thrown a football in 3 weeks

probably depends on where the break was, and how severe

11 hours ago, mex said:

ain't no way I could have thrown a football in 3 weeks

probably depends on where the break was, and how severe

I am sure that Kevlar protector won't be comfortable to put on either. If he plays he will be dumping off short and quick as not to take an unnecessary hits I am sure.

10 hours ago, mex said:

Bingo. I broke 3 a couple years ago in a motorcycle accident.  It was 2 months before I could move around without serious pain.  He might be back for the playoffs...maybe.

50 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

Bingo. I broke 3 a couple years ago in a motorcycle accident.  It was 2 months before I could move around without serious pain.  He might be back for the playoffs...maybe.

I must be a wimp because I only had one the doc called 'broken'... said it was mostly bruised ribs on the right side

same thing tho... motorcycle accident

could have been worse but it was a painful AF

I was a truck driver so it wasn't so bad... except we drove cab-overs and it was like driving with no springs or suspension... every bump was a gentle reminder :lol: 

hat's off to anyone with broke ribs who plays football (or does most anything physical) during recovery

2 hours ago, mex said:

I must be a wimp because I only had one the doc called 'broken'... said it was mostly bruised ribs on the right side

I was a truck driver so it wasn't so bad... except we drove cab-overs and it was like driving with no springs or suspension... every bump was a gentle reminder :lol: 

hat's off to anyone with broke ribs who plays football (or does most anything physical) during recovery

Yeah its some of the most excruciating pain I've ever felt. Getting out of bed is a chore. Coughing, sneezing, farting, anything involving those muscle groups...all agonizing. 

3 hours ago, mex said:

Jeezus... every time I moved it hurt.  Can't imagine driving a truck like that.  I went to work daily,  but confined myself to desk duty.  

7 hours ago, mex said:

Fell through an attic access hole and my ribs broke the fall.  Possible cracked one and bruise a few more. To this day I have tons of respect for anyone playing with broke, bruised, or cracked ribs.