Running on third and one or two would seem to be a losing proposition for the Chiefs, considering their lack of success against lesser run defenses.  Quick passes and pressuring Brady are the keys for this game.  Better to use CEH and Bell as receivers.  The Bucs are a good team and we can't count on Brady having another such poor game.  I like the Chiefs' chances, but it won't be easy.  Hopefully, HB and the defense got a wake up call against the Raiders and will show up this time. 

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Nope. Waller is a very fast TE that runs like a 4.4 and very athletic. He is a WR in a TE body. Gronk is much slower, seems to even lost a step and is not as athletic as he once was. 

Gronk would be tearing the league up if he was Gronk of old.  You know Brady would be feeding him the rock.   I agree i like Sorensen better on gronk.  At least they would be contested catches because Gronk wouldn't be running away from Sorensen.   Stil they have tons of weapons.   This game is depenedent on A. Mahomes playing like Thanos with the infinity gauntlet or B. We get consistent pressure on Brady and force him to look like 43 year old Brady.   Either one we win, without either and we could easily lose.

It's always good to see the Chiefs win and even better for Mahomes to put down Brady, but somehow this game just doesn't have the same importance as the Raiders.  The Chiefs have won their division and barring a meltdown, they are at least the #2 seed so unless PIT loses Thursday, which they shouldn't, it doesn't have a lot to do with playoff positions.  The Bucs need this game a lot more. 

9 hours ago, artsy said:

Im absolutely terrified to watch Gronk vs Sorrenson....

Yeah , but Niemann is the problem. He was fine for a season , but now offensive coordinators are finding our real weakness. He's like playing a man down. Spags keeps sending him up the middle on blitzes and running backs are clocking him every time. This is a problem and will show up in the playoffs. At least let him drop back instead of sending him off into a pile off to be blocked. Needs to be addressed. Is he that much more of a braniac than DOD? 

5 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Yeah , but Niemann is the problem. He was fine for a season , but now offensive coordinators are finding our real weakness. He's like playing a man down. Spags keeps sending him up the middle on blitzes and running backs are clocking him every time. This is a problem and will show up in the playoffs. At least let him drop back instead of sending him off into a pile off to be blocked. Needs to be addressed. Is he that much more of a braniac than DOD? 

Looks like he takes in the defensive calls, even audibles from time to time. 

But like OT said, he's too light in the pants for a linebacker. 

9 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Looks like he takes in the defensive calls, even audibles from time to time. 

But like OT said, he's too light in the pants for a linebacker. 

He shouldn't bare all the blame. Let's face it: HB and Clark have been sub-par for most of the year and Chris Jones is clearly the best defensive player on the field by a long stretch. Those three need to be dominant game in and game out otherwise this defense won't be able to make key stops like they did last year in the postseason. Time for those two to quit being the stars on the JV team and start playing some ball.

58 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

He shouldn't bare all the blame. Let's face it: HB and Clark have been sub-par for most of the year and Chris Jones is clearly the best defensive player on the field by a long stretch. Those three need to be dominant game in and game out otherwise this defense won't be able to make key stops like they did last year in the postseason. Time for those two to quit being the stars on the JV team and start playing some ball.

I agree. Gay and Thornhill need more time along with getting Snead back into the rotation. 

12 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

The real problem is KC has missed on too many defensive picks. One or two more starters changes everything.

I support ignoring the future potential in favor of short term performance from some defensive picks. It's always great to find the next DJ in the draft but always aiming for an all-pro seems to get us stuck with guys that don't necessarily realize their potential. 

My analysis for this one:

Chiefs are generating sacks and pressure near the bottom of the league over the passed three weeks. Brady struggles as we have seen when pressured. Not sure we can force him into bad throws this week. The Bucs are going to score points. Brady doesn't have the skill set any longer to beat us deep. Spags needs to have really solid game plan this week. He needs more Thornhill and Less Dan. He's falling in love with Dan again. Gay never should leave the field. Sneed needs some reps over Ward and to spell Breeland. 

Chiefs have not seen a pass rush like the Bucs since LAC. Keep doing what you have been and take all the short stuff and eat up the clock. Andy was brilliant against the Raiders. He did to them what everyone else TRIES to do to KC

I want nothing more than to wipe the field with Brady but I see another close game. 

Chris Jones and Frank Clark, where ya at?

Just now, Calichief said:

My analysis for this one:

Chiefs are generating sacks and pressure near the bottom of the league over the passed three weeks. Brady struggles as we have seen when pressured. Not sure we can force him into bad throws this week. The Bucs are going to score points. Brady doesn't have the skill set any longer to beat us deep. Spags needs to have really solid game plan this week. He needs more Thornhill and Less Dan. He's falling in love with Dan again. Gay never should leave the field. Sneed needs some reps over Ward and to spell Breeland. 

Chiefs have not seen a pass rush like the Bucs since LAC. Keep doing what you have been and take all the short stuff and eat up the clock. Andy was brilliant against the Raiders. He did to them what everyone else TRIES to do to KC

I want nothing more than to wipe the field with Brady but I see another close game. 

Chris Jones and Frank Clark, where ya at?

Bucs have a shit oline.  KC not getting sacks but are getting good pressure rates outside of a few games.  I think this could be a get right game for the dline.

I do agree pressure has to get more consistent though.

Something is going on with Thornhill and they're not saying what.  Andy called him a situational guy right now.  I would guess lingering issues from the injury.  

1 minute ago, xen said:

Bucs have a shit oline.  KC not getting sacks but are getting good pressure rates outside of a few games.  I think this could be a get right game for the dline.

I do agree pressure has to get more consistent though.

Something is going on with Thornhill and they're not saying what.  Andy called him a situational guy right now.  I would guess lingering issues from the injury.  

Get Sneed out there. Maybe a little more Watts. 

I know the sacks are a lot to do with not blitzing which is fine. I know its game planned if you look at Oaklands strength and Carolina. 

No one is going to Win with Waller really. Especially not Dan as it is not his strength. Only a couple guys in the league can cover that dude. I look forward to Kelce Vs. David. 

1 minute ago, xen said:

I do question how much the bucs can affect mahomes pressure wise.  Much like the stillers they rely very much on blitz packages to bring pressure which tends to not go well vs Mahomes.  If he has a good handle on where the pressure is coming from watch out... he'll eat their lunch.

Thats the difference, the healthy LAC did it with 4. Thats the best job I've seen next to SF in holding him down Temporarily.