• 2 weeks later...

OK going along with the Kelce thread....What does Tyreek need to do for that Gold Jacket?

Pro-football-reference has a WR HOF monitor score and the AVG HOF score is 100.  ATM Tyreek has a 45.25 with 71 games, 355 recs, 5200 yards and 45 TDs

For comparison a guy like Andre Reed has a score of 82.46, probably the lowest score of the more modern day WR with 234 games,  950 Recs, 1300 yards and 87 TDs.

This is only Hill's 5th season and is only looking better and better.  I'd say if Hill can stay healthy he should LOCK in his Gold Jacket is 5 more years.  In 5 more years he should be sitting around 725 Recs, 12,000 yards, 100 TDs and this is probably very low estimate.  Add on a couple of Super Bowls and that puts him in the Michael Irvin area and should be enough to get in.  Of course these are really only a total of 10 years worth of stats sooooo the longer he plays the more solid that Jacket gets.

What say you

Maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old man but I'm  not a fan of the new Tyreek backflip move. I don't see anything positive in doing it and I see a ton of negatives. Not only are you showing up the opposing defense to certain degree, which I don't think is ever a good idea, but he's not a freaking gymnast. What if he lands wrong and breaks an ankle or someone cuts him in half mid-flip? I realize he probably looks around to make sure no one is around him when he does it, but he may get more bold and does it when other players are around soon. He did both flips before he even scored, so who knows if the ball somehow came out of his hands while he is in the air?  I think the peace sign is fine, btw. I realize everyone wants to be on SportsCenter and get follows on your social media but come on, dude. 

If he is truly concerned about his perception around the NFL (and he may not be), I think you come up with something less dangerous for your future health. I'm surprised Reid hasn't told him to cool it with the flipping, or at least wait until you've scored first. Now....get off my lawn!

24 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

Maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old man but I'm  not a fan of the new Tyreek backflip move. I don't see anything positive in doing it and I see a ton of negatives. Not only are you showing up the opposing defense to certain degree, which I don't think is ever a good idea, but he's not a freaking gymnast. What if he lands wrong and breaks an ankle or someone cuts him in half mid-flip? I realize he probably looks around to make sure no one is around him when he does it, but he may get more bold and does it when other players are around soon. He did both flips before he even scored, so who knows if the ball somehow came out of his hands while he is in the air?  I think the peace sign is fine, btw. I realize everyone wants to be on SportsCenter and get follows on your social media but come on, dude. 

If he is truly concerned about his perception around the NFL (and he may not be), I think you come up with something less dangerous for your future health. I'm surprised Reid hasn't told him to cool it with the flipping, or at least wait until you've scored first. Now....get off my lawn!

I dont disagree with you in the slightest and  after the last time then the TD being called back I have to HOPE that Andy but a nix to the flips, ..also surprised the NFL has not fined is ass

44 minutes ago, Balto said:

OK going along with the Kelce thread....What does Tyreek need to do for that Gold Jacket?

Pro-football-reference has a WR HOF monitor score and the AVG HOF score is 100.  ATM Tyreek has a 45.25 with 71 games, 355 recs, 5200 yards and 45 TDs

For comparison a guy like Andre Reed has a score of 82.46, probably the lowest score of the more modern day WR with 234 games,  950 Recs, 1300 yards and 87 TDs.

This is only Hill's 5th season and is only looking better and better.  I'd say if Hill can stay healthy he should LOCK in his Gold Jacket is 5 more years.  In 5 more years he should be sitting around 725 Recs, 12,000 yards, 100 TDs and this is probably very low estimate.  Add on a couple of Super Bowls and that puts him in the Michael Irvin area and should be enough to get in.  Of course these are really only a total of 10 years worth of stats sooooo the longer he plays the more solid that Jacket gets.

What say you

I don't care, win and it will take care of itself

Just now, oldtimer said:

I dont disagree with you in the slightest and  after the last time then the TD being called back I have to HOPE that Andy but a nix to the flips, ..also surprised the NFL has not fined is ass

It is a td celebration and allowed. Still also in a game of play. They tried to flag him for it but there is no rules against it and had to pick up the flag.

Andy Reid wants Tyreek Hill to change his backflip routine on TD catches

Jason Owens
Jason Owens
Wed, December 9, 2020, 3:31 PM CST

Tyreek Hill has drawn the ire of fans with his new touchdown celebration.

The Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver has now twice this season stopped short of the goal line to backflip into the end zone on long touchdown plays. He debuted the move on a Sunday night game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

He repeated it on Sunday against the Denver Broncos. Except this score was called back.

Hill’s touchdown wasn’t taken off the board for a taunting penalty. A hold on the offensive line negated the touchdown. Fans were irked regardless.

It is, after all, a blatant sign of disrespect. The flip is only in play when Hill beats his defenders so bad that he has time to linger at the goal line before performing his gymnastics.

Andy Reid take issues with backflip

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid also isn’t thrilled with Hill’s display. But not for the same reason Hill’s detractors are. He addressed Hill’s backflips while speaking with reporters on Wednesday. He said he’s going to have a word with his All-Pro receiver.

“It's nice that he can do backflips,” Reid said, per Matt Derrick of Kansas City’s Sports Radio 810. “But I want him to do them in the end zone.”

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill (10) and head coach Andy Reid against the Houston Texans in the AFC Divisional Round playoff football game at Arrowhead Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
Andy Reid's not thrilled with Tyreek Hill's backflip routine, but not for the reason you might think. (Mark J. Rebilas/Reuters)

So Reid doesn’t have an issue with Hill’s arrogance. He just wants him to cross the goal line before going into his routine.

And this is a big part of Reid’s appeal with this players. Reid knows he has a showboating squad. The NFL’s most entertaining team also happens to be its most successful. Reid doesn’t fight that fact. He embraces it.

He just wants Hill to secure the bag before flipping.

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Andy Reid wants Tyreek Hill to change his backflip routine on TD catches

Jason Owens
Jason Owens
Wed, December 9, 2020, 3:31 PM CST

Tyreek Hill has drawn the ire of fans with his new touchdown celebration.

The Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver has now twice this season stopped short of the goal line to backflip into the end zone on long touchdown plays. He debuted the move on a Sunday night game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

He repeated it on Sunday against the Denver Broncos. Except this score was called back.

Hill’s touchdown wasn’t taken off the board for a taunting penalty. A hold on the offensive line negated the touchdown. Fans were irked regardless.

It is, after all, a blatant sign of disrespect. The flip is only in play when Hill beats his defenders so bad that he has time to linger at the goal line before performing his gymnastics.

Andy Reid take issues with backflip

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid also isn’t thrilled with Hill’s display. But not for the same reason Hill’s detractors are. He addressed Hill’s backflips while speaking with reporters on Wednesday. He said he’s going to have a word with his All-Pro receiver.

“It's nice that he can do backflips,” Reid said, per Matt Derrick of Kansas City’s Sports Radio 810. “But I want him to do them in the end zone.”

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill (10) and head coach Andy Reid against the Houston Texans in the AFC Divisional Round playoff football game at Arrowhead Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
Andy Reid's not thrilled with Tyreek Hill's backflip routine, but not for the reason you might think. (Mark J. Rebilas/Reuters)

So Reid doesn’t have an issue with Hill’s arrogance. He just wants him to cross the goal line before going into his routine.

And this is a big part of Reid’s appeal with this players. Reid knows he has a showboating squad. The NFL’s most entertaining team also happens to be its most successful. Reid doesn’t fight that fact. He embraces it.

He just wants Hill to secure the bag before flipping.

Nicely done, perfect timing. Glad to know Andy is thinking along the same lines. I still hope T. Hill still stops flipping altogether. He hasn't been exactly sticking his landings. Him going on the DL for such a stunt would be devastating. 

7 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

I didn’t see Hill doing backflip when they dont get in the end zone if thats what you mean

The Hill Back Flips are showing up, clowning, the opponent. The trick plays, even though a few have worked, around the goal line are a recipe for disaster and also a little arrogant. I think Andy is hung up on these plays , his genius, and it has resulted in more failure than success. None has cost KC a game YET. 

Every team clowns their opponent.  Drew Lock was clowning after he threw a TD.   Back flip is more showing off than clowning....shoot the dueces are more clowning the opponent than that backflip.   With that said the backflip has no positives and is one sprained knee or ankle from being a disaster.    

1 hour ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Nah man let them have fun. Keeps them motivated, think of it like that. 

in a way i agree with you, it helps keep them motivated since they do not have 78,000 fans to do it for them...anything to liven things up, but as someone else pointed out, he may be tempting fate with a possible injury...

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

The Hill Back Flips are showing up, clowning, the opponent. The trick plays, even though a few have worked, around the goal line are a recipe for disaster and also a little arrogant. I think Andy is hung up on these plays , his genius, and it has resulted in more failure than success. None has cost KC a game YET. 

Well Andy doesn't agree with you and to me that is all that matters

I think his last two attempts have been more like Back"flops", rather than backflips. I don't particularly like it either, however, I don't quite see it as arrogance or cockiness...

I see it as extreme confidence and a message to the defense that "You can't touch us".

However, I am a chiefs fan sooooo.....However, based on everyone else's comments, the rest of the league may not see it that way

Sometimes the defense can get annoyed enough to actually hurt playmakers, Hill and the rest should stay away from that IMO. Otherwise they are allowed to have some fun and especially Hill deserves it. 

I do like to see some old fashioned plays around the goal line though. Occasional trick plays or bold moves are nice to have but we seem to have too much of it, the OL needs to learn to allow the HB to pound the ball. 

26 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I don't mind him having fun though I prefer the Larry Fitzgerald/Barry Sanders method of celebrating. I don't want him out for the season.

Don't you think the Niners posing in the end zone after intercepting Mahomes in the SB motivated the Chiefs just a little bit more?  At the least, it made SFO look foolish.  I hate the end zone celebrations, especially the overdone, pre-planned ones.  Winning is its own reward. 

Just now, jetlord said:

Don't you think the Niners posing in the end zone after intercepting Mahomes in the SB motivated the Chiefs just a little bit more?  At the least, it made SFO look foolish.  I hate the end zone celebrations, especially the overdone, pre-planned ones.  Winning is its own reward. 

It's definitely motivating to opponents. As stated, I prefer the Fitzgerald/Sanders style.