Bucs game day thread

13 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Spags taking the foot off the gas earlier in the game when we were up 17 is inexcusable as well.    How does Brady end up with 345 when they had 44 total yards almost at half?  Everytime we've gotten pressure on him he's over thrown or thrown a pick but yet we rush with 4 or rush with Niemann as the 5th?   If we are going to rush that backer why not put Gay in?   

Because he is Brady and the Bucks can move the ball.

20 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We should have put this away before half.  Team is talented but undisciplined.   Missed opportunities on 4 offensive possessions.   Running Niemann back on the field on important downs, Clark playing like a replacement level players, HB a day late and dollar short to every play, Reiter and Wylie can't give Mahomes even a 1 second pocket to step into.    Don't have anyone to replace Clark with or HB but Niemann, Reiter and Wylie is another story.   

So that's why the Chiefs are 1-10.   Oh, wait................

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So that's why the Chiefs are 1-10.   Oh, wait................

Mahomes erases all those issues, but this team was built to win championships and if you play like we did in the 2nd half you miss out on those because a team sneaks back in an beats you.   I know its unfathomable to think we could have done to us like we did to the Texans but our Oline is bad and a rolled up ankle prohibits Mahomes from running around and making those plays.   We have a good team but we also have an MO of slacking off/letting up/going vanilla before putting a team away.   

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Because he is Brady and the Bucks can move the ball.

Of because we gifted him 30 yards on that drive because Frank Clark forgot what he was doing?  Isn't he the same guy that threw shade at Dee Ford for mental mistakes?   I can love the win and love our team and still acknowledge Frank Clark and HB haven't done much on D this year or that our IOL is going to get Mahomes hurt if they don't play better.   It was a great win but Spags let up too early and if not for Mahomes we could have very easily taken the L today.  Shoot if Brady didn't gift us two INT we could have been down 10 on that last drive ourselves.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Mahomes erases all those issues, but this team was built to win championships and if you play like we did in the 2nd half you miss out on those because a team sneaks back in an beats you.   I know its unfathomable to think we could have done to us like we did to the Texans but our Oline is bad and a rolled up ankle prohibits Mahomes from running around and making those plays.   We have a good team but we also have an MO of slacking off/letting up/going vanilla before putting a team away.   

19-1 So they have what it takes to beat anyone. 19-1. 

9 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

19-1 So they have what it takes to beat anyone. 19-1. 

We got beat by the Oakland Raiders once and needed a last second drive to do it again...the same team that got mauled by the Atlanta Falcons.  So yeah we have what it takes to beat anyone but we can be beat and our defense isn't as good as last year nor is our Oline.   We are one rolled ankle of Mahomes away from being very beatable.   I'm a realist.  We are good and could easily win another SB or 5 but we are far from invincible and Spags has been outcoached quite a few times this year on D, something that didn't happen much last year.  

Again great win, but it was sloppy. 

58 minutes ago, artsy said:

I just wish we didn't have to make these games so damn dramatic! We should've had at least 40 points!

We had 1 yard to go and kicked a fg from the 1. Fumbles at the 11. Fg at the 8. Dropped 75 yard td by Hardman.  That is 22 points right there we left off the board by our own doing. We also got 0 points in their two turnovers.  This should have been a blow out game. 

Never want to complain after a win against a “good” team... at 27-10 you could just see it coming.. should have never been close

chiefs should have won by 30 or 40 

it’s always about that trophy at the end of the year, and the chiefs are on their way. But it won’t happen if they keep having these half efforts by one side or the other.

by my count, the chiefs have played 2 good games this year. 

1. they had better figure out the pash rush , Clark looks dead and Jones isn’t getting any help 

2. that oline is a serious issue. Wylie is fucking terrible.

3. short yardage running 🏃‍♀️ Is  Bad! But I can’t blame CEH. No push. use the fucking sausage 

4. Please stop with the Ben Neiman bullshit. 

a win is a win... I hope they pull the trigger on replacing a few guys.

42 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We got beat by the Oakland Raiders once and needed a last second drive to do it again...the same team that got mauled by the Atlanta Falcons.  So yeah we have what it takes to beat anyone but we can be beat and our defense isn't as good as last year nor is our Oline.   We are one rolled ankle of Mahomes away from being very beatable.   I'm a realist.  We are good and could easily win another SB or 5 but we are far from invincible and Spags has been outcoached quite a few times this year on D, something that didn't happen much last year.  

This team was not invincible last year. Easily could have lost the SB. Example the pass overthrown on SF last drive. There are no teams any less vulnerable than KC. You know that TB really needed this win and I heard that Brady guy is pretty good.

My guess is most of the peeps that post on the game day thread must be watching alone. I cant see anyone enjoying being around such nit picky negativity. 

Never want to complain after a win against a “good” team... at 27-10 you could just see it coming.. should have never been close

chiefs should have won by 30 or 40 

it’s always about that trophy at the end of the year, and the chiefs are on their way. But it won’t happen if they keep having these half efforts by one side or the other.

1. they had better figure out the pash rush , Clark looks dead and Jones isn’t getting any help 

2. that oline is a serious issue. Wylie is fucking terrible.

3. short yardage running 🏃‍♀️ Is  Bad! But I can’t blame CEH. No push. use the fucking sausage 

4. Please stop with the Ben Neiman bullshit. 

a win is a win... I hope they pull the trigger on replacing a few guys.

One positive is Mahomes is straight up even better this year. It's not just the bombs anymore or the scrambling. He's clutch and very smart with were he puts the football. This may be enough to out way the deficiencies on the Oline and defense. Hopefully they can figure it out so it won't be all on him.

After playing Brady & Bellichik without one or the other, I realize they are both good, but not nearly as they were together.  Bellichik is a much better coach than  "no risk it no biscuit "Arians.

15 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Absurdly tough grader.

Texans, Ravens, Broncos, Jets were four dominating wins regardless of opponent quality.  Bills and Patriots were multiple score wins even if they didn't pull away until the end.  Other four wins were closer than you might want but against good competition in Raiders and Bucs.  Chargers and Panthers were the only close calls against subpar teams, but they're still feisty teams.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

Absurdly tough grader.

Texans, Ravens, Broncos, Jets were four dominating wins regardless of opponent quality.  Bills and Patriots were multiple score wins even if they didn't pull away until the end.  Other four wins were closer than you might want but against good competition in Raiders and Bucs.  Chargers and Panthers were the only close calls against subpar teams, but they're still feisty teams.

Sorry, I meant complete

This is simple. KC is an average team without Mahomes & his posse. Its Patrick, Kelce and Hill that get this team to 10-1. Every other area of this team is average and that is good enough to be 19-1. Vegas had KC favored by 3.5 and they won by 3. This KC team can win sloppy vs past KC teams that would lose these games by 3 in the last seconds. This team was the same last year. Got some breaks at the right time and won it all. It will take some breaks this time too. There is no complete team in the NFL. All have warts.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Hey, I've complained about many of the Chiefs players as anyone.  We're fans.  It's what we do when anything goes wrong with out team.  But all teams have good players and some holes.  The Chiefs happen to have Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill at the same time and that makes them special.  No team can be strong at every position.  Last season the Chiefs had Schwartz, Wiz, and LDT playing on a regular basis.  How can we expect their backups to be just as good?  We complain about Clark and it's justified, but there's probably something wrong physically with him.  Even if the Chiefs overpaid, they wouldn't have been SB champions without him.  That's worth a lot of overpay.  My biggest gripes isn't about the players, it about those who aren't playing.  Gay, Sneed, Rankin, etc. look better in our minds but we have to realize the coaches are much closer to the issues and one doesn't become one of the most successful without doing something right.  Andy (and Spags) take their foot off the gas, but they win.  I'm enjoying this one.  If the Chiefs get knocked out of the playoffs, we'll be disappointed, but so will be all but one other team's fans. 

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

This is simple. KC is an average team without Mahomes & his posse. Its Patrick, Kelce and Hill that get this team to 10-1. Every other area of this team is average and that is good enough to be 19-1. Vegas had KC favored by 3.5 and they won by 4. This KC team can win sloppy vs past KC teams that would lose these games by 3.5 in the last seconds. This team was the same last year. Got some breaks at the right time and won it all. It will take some breaks this time too. There is no complete team in the NFL. All have warts.

Small correction.  The Chiefs won by 3, not 4.  The only people that care are those that gave up 3.5 and took the Chiefs.  😀

The Chiefs should let Kelce pass 1000 for the season, let Hill nab a TD to continue Mahomes' streak, than sit the starters for the second half of the Donks game if they have a big lead.  Make it a mini-bye  Can never assume a win, but Denver should be the easiest game left.  The Chiefs are 13.5 favorites tonight. .