Bucs game day thread

37 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

On defense, Clark has 22 tackles and 4 sacks through 11 games and I thought I saw KPass within 5 yards of the QB

Clark deserves some serious criticism. I’ll hold off until I see it when it counts. He was huge in the playoffs and down the stretch. 

53 minutes ago, sith13 said:

They were terrible last year, this year is a whole new level of dumpster fire. 

I saw to many free passes to Mahomes with the turnstile from Wylie. He is going to just get Mahomes killed.

If Schwartz comes back maybe move Remmers inside? If not give it to Rankins and move Wiz to center? Or Wiz to RG and Kilgore center etc.

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I saw to many free passes to Mahomes with the turnstile from Wylie. He is going to just get Mahomes killed.

If Schwartz comes back maybe move Remmers inside? If not give it to Rankins and move Wiz to center? Or Wiz to RG and Kilgore center etc.

Yea, I just can't figure out Reid's infatuation with Reiter and Wylie?????

I mean we got to see Kilgore start and play 1 game and he dominated!! Rankin is back, so WTF?  I mean Reiter was getting mauled and destroyed yesterday, while Wylie was allowing his guy to run right by him multiple times without laying a hand on him?

I guess Reid will force a change once Mahomes gets injured..

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Allegretti didn't have his best game yesterday.  The whole line needs a shake up, especially the interior.  Rankin, Kilgore, Remmers would be my choice on what little we know.   Should have kept Hudson. 

Maybe Wiz at center? He has played there before.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Allegretti didn't have his best game yesterday.  The whole line needs a shake up, especially the interior.  Rankin, Kilgore, Remmers would be my choice on what little we know.   Should have kept Hudson. 

agreed but at 8$ mil last year it'd been hard to justify. I'm not real sure I know how to read this chart but he may get cut pre June 2022 if the Dirts are in Cap trouble

https://overthecap.com/player/rodney-hudson/524/

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

agreed but at 8$ mil last year it'd been hard to justify. I'm not real sure I know how to read this chart but he may get cut pre June 2022 if the Dirts are in Cap trouble

Honestly I think the big hit was Mitch Morse not working out.  The guy looked to be a top 5 center at times but couldn't stay healthy and Chiefs made the correct decision in letting him walk to the Bills for 4 years @ $44.5M.  Just not healthy enough for us to pay that sadly.

IF Morse would of worked out it would of made our OLINE much better overall 

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The Chiefs can't afford a vet at OC, but they sure can draft one in the first three rounds that could be an instant starter. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs can't afford a vet at OC, but they sure can draft one in the first three rounds that could be an instant starter. 

Creed Humphrey probably be there in the 2nd if he tests poorly like I think he might.  More of a cerebral-technique-strength guy vs a great athlete anyway.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Creed Humphrey probably be there in the 2nd if he tests poorly like I think he might.  More of a cerebral-technique-strength guy vs a great athlete anyway.

Lol..yea I think we have enough of those guys already.

What's easier? Teaching a Pass Blocker to run block?

Or, teaching a run blocker to pass block???

4 hours ago, xen said:

There were a lot of centers last year and this year looks good too. Since so many were taken last year, the position may drop a couple rounds. FA at the position too may take a hit. We should be able to get a good one.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Totally fucking joke. He never even closed a finger on that guy. Pathetic.

You know its bad when Romo even comments that it seems like these are make up calls.  Make up calls for what?   Brady has been the beneficiary of those hands to the head for years and it was clear as day JPP hit Mahomes.   I could see the makeup calls if it was a CJ call from the AFC championship game where he never touched him.   

7 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

They were playing the pass all the way. Bucs front 7 is no joke gotta give them credit. This was good practice for playing teams like the Steelers. Mahomes put up over 400 yards with run blocking O Linemen.

What run blocking O linemen are you referring to? 

8 hours ago, xen said:

I like Landon Dickerson from Alabama better in round 2. 

Alabama pulls him a lot too. He is big and athletic. 

6 hours ago, Palangi said:

I like Landon Dickerson from Alabama better in round 2. 

Alabama pulls him a lot too. He is big and athletic. 

Dickerson less athletic than Creed.  Very stiff, not a bender.  Just based on games since we don't have testing yet, I'd put Dickerson early day 3.  Creed probably late first round but as I said, he might drop depending on testing.

I see Dickerson as more of a power gap scheme guy.  Stick him in the phone booth and he should be fine.  In a power blocking system I can see him going as high as the 2nd or 3rd depending on testing.

Creed is more scheme versatile and a better fit for our system but may go too high for our liking.  

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

There were a lot of centers last year and this year looks good too. Since so many were taken last year, the position may drop a couple rounds. FA at the position too may take a hit. We should be able to get a good one.

I hope so.  Our line needs a great center in the worst way.