What position in the draft moves the needle the most?

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Impressive.  I'd heard of Collins but hadn't really seen his play.  How did he escape a power five offer?  Late bloomer?

HS QB and DB from a really small town outside of Tulsa.   Hominy is too small to attract major college offers, its a 1A school.  Late bloomer as well.  HS valedictorian course its Hominy so there's only like 5 kids at the HS.

FYI KU turned him down for a scholarship lol

3 minutes ago, xen said:

HS QB and DB from a really small town outside of Tulsa.   Hominy is too small to attract major college offers, its a 1A school.  Late bloomer as well.  HS valedictorian course its Hominy so there's only like 5 kids at the HS.

Hard to defend in dime coverage with only five kids in the school.  😉

50 minutes ago, xen said:

The running game is extremely overrated except when you don't have a great QB.  Otherwise it's only necessary as a means to keep defenses honest and to close out big leads.

Agreed.  But it is also nice to be able to covert a third and goal.from the 1 consistently without having to do a double reverse throw back to the quarterback. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Agreed.  But it is also nice to be able to covert a third and goal.from the 1 consistently without having to do a double reverse throw back to the quarterback. 

Meh.  That play is just part of a package playing with the qb in motion.  We've seen multiple plays off that now and it's designed to sow confusion.  The only problem with that play is kelce was supposed to run it in.  He would've had a TD.

Andy is cooking in the lab y'all.  If you'd rather watch 3 yards and a cloud of dust I'd suggest you either become a Jets fan or go find Doc Brown and the DeLorean and kick it back in the 50's.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Meh.  That play is just part of a package playing with the qb in motion.  We've seen multiple plays off that now and it's designed to sow confusion.  The only problem with that play is kelce was supposed to run it in.  He would've had a TD.

Andy is cooking in the lab y'all.  If you'd rather watch 3 yards and a cloud of dust I'd suggest you either become a Jets fan or go find Doc Brown and the DeLorean and kick it back in the 50's.

I dont mind the fun stuff. We have run the underhand pass a couple times with success.  The 1950s play was cool.  I just said it would be nice to have the ability to jam it up someones ass for a yard consistently. Thats not controversial.  

30 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I dont mind the fun stuff. We have run the underhand pass a couple times with success.  The 1950s play was cool.  I just said it would be nice to have the ability to jam it up someones ass for a yard consistently. Thats not controversial.  

They need to hand off in a traditional manner (once in a while.) so he can get a little downhill. All the shotgun hand off stuff is super obvious.

i know Longer know why Anthony Sherman is rostered really...

11 hours ago, reesebobby said:

True dat

10 hours ago, Calichief said:

They need to hand off in a traditional manner (once in a while.) so he can get a little downhill. All the shotgun hand off stuff is super obvious.

i know Longer know why Anthony Sherman is rostered really...

Great special teams player.  Plays on most of the special teams groups.

The fact that we aren't using Sherman doesn't take away his usability though. We run better with him on the field and he's pretty good at catching out of the backfield. He has better hands than all our non-Kelce TEs, surprised that he's not used more often.