How many of you know each other and have met in person?

I grew up in Lamar, MO but eventually moved to Alabama and now overseas.   I come home next year for a full year and was curious if any of you guys get together before, during, or after games?   I know a few of y'all live away from KC but was curious how many of y'all know each other in person and if any of y'all make it a point to get together when possible.   Would be nice to put a face with the handle.    

back in the day we had  a thing  called "Festivus"  many of those members are no longer here I do not believe because of our  culture  its just  life. I think by the interaction on the threads  one can  ascertain who knows who on a personal level...most of those in the LR know each other and their families.

I can tell you that I hold a deep affection for those that made the Coalition what it is//// was and am disappointed that  some of the Old Timers  have not come back in  the Chiefs time of Glory after all these times  of trials and tribulations

It might be possible to have another Festivus next season if there's enough interest.  Like OT posted, many of us met in person and a good number came from out of the area for a weekend.  We could keep it small, meet up for BBQ, tailgate, and group seats.  Don't know how many of the originals would be interested, but it would be nice to put faces on some that have never met up.  

Even though I don't post much anymore, I've been here since the beginning. The Festivus weekends were big fun. I REALLY miss those days. I used to have a bunch of pictures from those days, but I had a computer crash and a couple of other  issues and they are all gone now. Otherwise I would post a couple of pics.

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Wow never knew it got that big.  Sounds like y’all had a blast!  If y’all decide to do a Festivus next year I’d definitely be interested.  I love this board, it helps keep my sanity. Not many Chiefs fans here in Bogotá.

🤣 yea I bet thats right

at one time  when this all started ..we left the KC STAR's forum to create our own it was quite the deal. One of our members who  is a West Pointer had a connection with Carl Peterson who was also a West Pointer so that helped in our access to the Chiefs. We'd pick a Chiefs Player's Charity and have raffles etc and try to come up with a donation. IIRC we pretty much wre the unofficial official  Chiefs Fan Forum at one time. We had guys go to Training Camp and send back reports..We even had a future Mayor of KC as regular, it was very very cool. Like I said many of those guys have left because of..probably just life. I do see from time to time  one may drop in but they dont stay or post I mean hell our benevolent sponsor does not  even visit altho he foots the Bill for this place. I dont think the Locker Room helped in that regard but thats JMO.. Many of the  "Originals" I am friend with on Book Face..anyway  we endeavor to persevere

This place really started at as a bunch of guys that liked each other and got sick of the Star not upholding their rules.  I've gotten to know many on here and I consider them friends.  I talk to Boss regularly.  I have to adnit, I miss Arrowheads snippiness!  Diehard is over rated, and OT, well he is just the man!  I'd love to do another Festivus to meet some of the "newbies".

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Wow never knew it got that big.  Sounds like y’all had a blast!  If y’all decide to do a Festivus next year I’d definitely be interested.  I love this board, it helps keep my sanity. Not many Chiefs fans here in Bogotá.

Bogota? So you will be bringing the cocaine to the next Festivus then?

The peak Festivus was about 75 people, IIRC.  At least that's about how many tickets I bought for group seating.  Add in those of us who had season tickets and the total was higher.  We had a great time when Uncle Festus drug his wagon/smoker to Tailgator's house and smoked beef, chicken, and buffalo ribs all night and day.  A few people got pretty wasted in the process.  Remember Danni Boatwright and Bill Kenny attending one party?  We even got together at the Lees Summit VFW for a draft party one year.  Yep, sure miss seeing some of the old crowd including four or five gals who used to post here.  

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

back in the day we had  a thing  called "Festivus"  many of those members are no longer here I do not believe because of our  culture  its just  life. I think by the interaction on the threads  one can  ascertain who knows who on a personal level...most of those in the LR know each other and their families.

I can tell you that I hold a deep affection for those that made the Coalition what it is//// was and am disappointed that  some of the Old Timers  have not come back in  the Chiefs time of Glory after all these times  of trials and tribulations

I’m still here; OT. Back when Boss launched CC we were assigned numbers based on when we signed up. I was #8 forum member and am proud to still be an active member. I mostly lurk and don’t post much, but a day doesn’t go by that I’m not on here. Most days it’s multiple times a day. 

I made it to one Festivus back in the early 2000’s (Vermeil years) and met a handful of the fine folks who started this thing. 

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The peak Festivus was about 75 people, IIRC.  At least that's about how many tickets I bought for group seating.  Add in those of us who had season tickets and the total was higher.  We had a great time when Uncle Festus drug his wagon/smoker to Tailgator's house and smoked beef, chicken, and buffalo ribs all night and day.  A few people got pretty wasted in the process.  Remember Danni Boatwright and Bill Kenny attending one party?  We even got together at the Lees Summit VFW for a draft party one year.  Yep, sure miss seeing some of the old crowd including four or five gals who used to post here.  

I remember those. Fester with the giant smoker was awesome. The one against the Jets was a lot of fun. Remember that Jets fan that crashed the party and hung out for a while. That dude Wass hysterical. lol

It's been what....... 13-14 years since we've done one. Hopefully, we can get together for one next year. 

5 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

I’m still here; OT. Back when Boss launched CC we were assigned numbers based on when we signed up. I was #8 forum member and am proud to still be an active member. I mostly lurk and don’t post much, but a day doesn’t go by that I’m not on here. Most days it’s multiple times a day. 

I made it to one Festivus back in the early 2000’s (Vermeil years) and met a handful of the fine folks who started this thing. 

Same here. I don't post very often, but I'm here almost daily.

20 minutes ago, Wolfscall said:

I remember those. Fester with the giant smoker was awesome. The one against the Jets was a lot of fun. Remember that Jets fan that crashed the party and hung out for a while. That dude Wass hysterical. lol

It's been what....... 13-14 years since we've done one. Hopefully, we can get together for one next year. 

that JETSs one was good. I believe it was the Reverend Edwards first year as HC. the JETS fans didn't really crash it  they were invited IIRC they asked if they could use some lighter fluid and we just said come on over join the party but yea good times. They had  a Chkn wing jamaican rub that was out of sight. I stayed in contact with them and they sent some to me  and I then shared some with Wilkie who  sneezed in it  or spilt it in away only Wilkie could  and that was that.

Murph somehow had contact with Bill Kenny and told him about us and got him to be at the one...good times great people

I'm a transfer/transplant from warpaintillustrated.   Love the site!  OT, please resend me the info on giving.  I smooth forgot to do it last time.   Well if anyone gets a Festivus together next year please let me know, I'll do my best to get back up that way.   

8 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm a transfer/transplant from warpaintillustrated.   Love the site!  OT, please resend me the info on giving.  I smooth forgot to do it last time.   Well if anyone gets a Festivus together next year please let me know, I'll do my best to get back up that way.   

get with Xen on that and thank you