Chiefs v Broncos II game thread

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Huh... no call too?

These refs should be fined for blatant BS

I get that holding happens every play.  But if your going to call holding on a double block where the guy is 5 yards away from the qb then it better be a play affecting penalty.    Frank Clark spins and the LT literally bear hugs him.  Now it didn't matter because we got the stop but still they didn't know that when the play was happening.   

It frustrating to me because that would have been another 400 and 3 game for Mahomes.   The Tyreek Hill is another one.....it was a tough call but if you didn't see the ball touch the ground how can you call incomplete?     

We got away with playing down to our opponent again but maybe some of these glaring issues like Reiter, Wylie, and Niemann will get addressed.   On to Miami!

17 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Refs were bad

oline was bad

no real pass rush again

yet the chiefs still win cause- mahomes 

Yep.   I just worry that the refs screwed him out of an MVP tonight.  Rodgers up 5 TDs with 4 left and they have a cake schedule.   Obviously winning and SB's are more important but still hate to lose it because some Refs can't do their job.

34 minutes ago, mex said:

who's this chris jones guy?

He's getting double and tripled teamed every play that I can see and he still does some damage.  Time for the other guys to step up.

We are just getting so objectively unlucky - all these TDs getting called back for soft holds, the insane no challenge, the Hardman drop in the TB game, all the lucky catches and 4th downs in the Carolina game.  Nothing quite as obvious in the Oakland game but there was the grounding no-call and some ticky-tack penalties.  I know I'm biased but I don't think we've been the beneficiaries anything similar over those stretches.  I'd argue at least 3 of these 4 close wins really should have been double-digit wins.

For too many years we watched the Chiefs walk away from games like this with losses.  Now the Chiefs are on the other end and all we do is complain that they aren't blowing out every team.  So many things went wrong tonight, but the Chiefs overcame them and while I was worried about much of it, there was never a time when I thought the game was lost.  11-1, clench playoff spot, probably 2nd or even 1st seed in the playoffs.  Enjoy the ride.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs are a better road team year in and out. Classic performance tonight. This oline is bad. And the lack of running game when needed is STILL a concern. Hand it off traditionally. I formation with the sausage leading the way.

"Our running is bad, let's run more"

We started moving the ball when we let Patrick cook.

We got REALLY unlucky tonight and still pulled out a tough W.

20 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

"Our running is bad, let's run more"

We started moving the ball when we let Patrick cook.

We got REALLY unlucky tonight and still pulled out a tough W.

I didn’t say run more. I said when they run it, run it with intention. Two different things.

I don't think that's going to fix anything.  We just don't have the horses for power running.

Everyone got upset at Andy for being "cute" but those plays were scoring earlier in the season, basically until the failed Kelce attempt last week.  Everything went wrong tonight on that front.  It's concerning but there is a chance it's a fluke.