Mock offseasons

Iluvhouse24

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

This isn't a good year for O-linemen so I doubt the Chiefs will go that way until day two unless there's an OT that they prioritize.  More likely is Sammy's replacement, a CB, or maybe a LB.  Nieman, Robinson, and Ward should be replaced.  

I would add DE also

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

This isn't a good year for O-linemen so I doubt the Chiefs will go that way until day two unless there's an OT that they prioritize.  More likely is Sammy's replacement, a CB, or maybe a LB.  Nieman, Robinson, and Ward should be replaced.  

Also if we are able to trade Fisher i would look at Walker Little with that 1st round pick.  He is an huge talent.  To 10 type talent.  Got hurt in 2019 and then say out 2020. Him and Niang could be really good bookends

• 3 months later...

Lots of changes since December.  No extra third for EB.  Both OTs gone with no replacements in FA.  No combine.  After all the pro days, we may get a better picture of how the boards will look and we should soon know if the Chiefs get a stop gap LT.  Will Breeland be back?  We can take mocks and off season moves more seriously in a few more weeks.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Lots of changes since December.  No extra third for EB.  Both OTs gone with no replacements in FA.  No combine.  After all the pro days, we may get a better picture of how the boards will look and we should soon know if the Chiefs get a stop gap LT.  Will Breeland be back?  We can take mocks and off season moves more seriously in a few more weeks.  

I was really expecting that extra 3rd and I'm willing to bed Veach and co were too.   Having that extra 3rd would have given us so much more flexibility.

The qb situation has definitely helped push some better quality players back our way, but there are some teams with a lot of draft capital that could jump back in front of us now that most teams know we desperately need an OT and DE.    Will be interesting what Veach has up his sleeve.

With all of the signing and re-signings this offseason, they may only make 4-5 selections this year.  OT,  WR, EDGE are the major needs going into the draft, unless they re-sign Mitchell or Fisher, which I think is very possible.  Veach could use a couple of picks to move up for those he covets.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

With all of the signing and re-signings this offseason, they may only make 4-5 selections this year.  OT,  WR, EDGE are the major needs going into the draft, unless they re-sign Mitchell or Fisher, which I think is very possible.  Veach could use a couple of picks to move up for those he covets.

2nd TE too.  We need to get this position going.

5 hours ago, SEMO said:

How much would it cost to move up to 20 ish, if Darrisaw were available? I doubt Ballard would pass on him since it aligns with a huge need of theirs.

I think Radunz will be there at end of the 2nd round. Maybe we go BPA, could even be LB at end of round 1. I still would like to trade back, pick up an early 2nd, get an OT then or wait on Radunz and instead draft a DE, LB, TE or WR. Hell maybe even Center and OT with both picks. Then get also another top 100 pick for trading back too.

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I think Radunz will be there at end of the 2nd round. Maybe we go BPA, could even be LB at end of round 1. I still would like to trade back, pick up an early 2nd, get an OT then or wait on Radunz and instead draft a DE, LB, TE or WR. Hell maybe even Center and OT with both picks. Then get also another top 100 pick for trading back too.

I'm not so sure Radunz is there at the end of 2.  He's scheme and position versatile.  He'll be on a lot of team's boards.

Would take him or Cosmi no problem.

14 hours ago, SEMO said:

I'd add LB, S and OC.    LB and S could be addressed at the end of the draft for next year but we need to address OC but I think that is an easier position to fill and could be addressed next year in the draft.   Upgraded guards will definitely help the production there.

Retired:

Anthony Sherman

Released:

Eric Fisher (3/11/2021)

Mitchell Schwartz (3/11/2021)

Damien Williams (3/16/2021)

Restructured:

Patrick Mahomes (3/12/2021)

Chris Jones (3/14/2021)

Travis Kelce (3/14/2021)

Free Agent Signings

Charvarious Ward - 2nd round  (1yr/3.384MM)

Byron Pringle – original round  (1yr/2.183MM)

Marcus Kemp (1yr/0.92MM)

Joe Thuney (5yr/80MM)

DeAndre Baker  (1yr/0.85MM)

Darrell Williams (1yr/2.13MM)

Taco Charlton (1yr/1.1MM) 

Ben Niemann (1yr/?MM) 

Andrew Wylie (1yr/2.133MM)

Nick Keizer – (1yr/0.78MM)

Blake Bell (1yr/1.1275MM) 

Mike Remmers (1yr/4.3MM)

Daniell Sorenson (1yr/1.2125MM)

Jarran Reed (1yr/7MM) 

Elijah McGuire  (1yr/?MM)

Gehrig Dieter  (1yr/850MM)

Austin Blythe (1yr/0.99MM)

Michael Burton (1yr/?MM)

2021 Draft

1(20) – Samuel Cosmi OT Texas

Trade 31, 94, and a 2022 2nd round pick to Chicago.

2(63) – Dyami Brown WR North Carolina

4(110) – Trill Williams CB Syracuse

Trade 136 and 175 to Cleveland

4(144) – (comp. Fuller) – Elerson Smith EDGE Northern Iowa

5(168) – Drake Jackson C, Kentucky

Trade 181 and 207 to Minnesota

2021 6th traded to Tenn to move up for Keyes

2021 7th traded to Miami along with Washington for Miami’s 6th 

Roster:

QB:  Patrick Mahomes, Chad Henne, Jordan Ta”amu

RB:  Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Darrell Williams, Darwin Thompson

WR:  Tyreek Hill, Dyami Brown, DeMarcus Robinson, Mecole Hardman, Byron Pringle, Marcus Kemp

TE:  Travis Kelce, Blake Bell, Nick Keizer

OT:  Samuel Cosmi, Lucas Niang, Mike Remmers, Martinas Rankin, Prince Tega-Wonogho

OG: Joe Thuney, Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff, Kyle Long, Andrew Wylie, Yasir Durant

😄  Austin Blythe, Nick Allegretti, Drake Jackson

DE:  Frank Clark, Taco Charlton, Mike Danna, Elerson Smith

DT:  Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi, Jarran Reed, Tershawn Wharton, Khalen Saunders

LB:  Anthony Hitchens, Willie Gay, Darius Harris, Ben Niemann, Dorian O’Daniel

CB:  L’Jarius Sneed, Charvious Ward, DeAndre Baker, Rashad Fenton, Trill Williams

S:  Tyrann Mathieu, Juan Thornhill, Dan Sorenson, Armani Watts

K:  Harrison Butker

P:  Tommy Townsend

LS:  James Winchester

That seems a lot to pay for Cosmi.  Do you really think he will go as high as #20?  Even if he did, is it worth a first, second, and third to get him instead of some other top 40 OT?  Don't see that.  The Chiefs need more draft picks, not less although Veach tends to trade away to move up to some favorite.  Like Brown as X receiver and Jackson if they don't get a long term OC earlier.

If they re-sign Fisher, then I would mock Spencer Brown at 63 and take another position at 31.  But, there is no LT on the roster as of now.  Cosmi will be the last plus tackle with experience at LT that also tested well.  I would have taken Eichenberg at 31, but Cosmi has a much  higher ceiling and will be gone by the Indy pick at 21.

Swapping picks in the first, a late third and a late second in 2022 is nothing to give up for a LT.  Y’all are crazy.

36 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That seems a lot to pay for Cosmi.  Do you really think he will go as high as #20?  Even if he did, is it worth a first, second, and third to get him instead of some other top 40 OT?  Don't see that.  The Chiefs need more draft picks, not less although Veach tends to trade away to move up to some favorite.  Like Brown as X receiver and Jackson if they don't get a long term OC earlier.

They don’t need more picks.  The only gaping holes are LT, WR, and EDGE.  

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

..and LB to replace Hitch and Neiman, and CB to replace Ward, and safety to replace Sorenson, and OC to replace whoever plays this year, and TE just to have someone capable besides Kelce,. Besides, don't they need those second and thirds to get the WR and EDGE you admit they need?   Using a first, second, and third to get a dream QB makes sense sometimes.  Wasting them to get the fifth or sixth ranked tackle is blowing the future.  For that price, they should get Sewell or equivalent.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

..and LB to replace Hitch and Neiman, and CB to replace Ward, and safety to replace Sorenson, and OC to replace whoever plays this year, and TE just to have someone capable besides Kelce,. Besides, don't they need those second and thirds to get the WR and EDGE you admit they need?   Using a first, second, and third to get a dream QB makes sense sometimes.  Wasting them to get the fifth or sixth ranked tackle is blowing the future.  For that price, they should get Sewell or equivalent.  

It’s not using the first.  The first rounders are swapped.  The low 2nd and low 3rd (next year) are what is used to move up.

If you think using a low 3rd, which is almost a 4th, and a low 2nd next year, which is almost a 3rd or really a 4th, since following year’s picks are always valued a round lower, is “blowing the future,” then that is laughable.

5 hours ago, SEMO said:

It’s not using the first.  The first rounders are swapped.  The low 2nd and low 3rd (next year) are what is used to move up.

If you think using a low 3rd, which is almost a 4th, and a low 2nd next year, which is almost a 3rd or really a 4th, since following year’s picks are always valued a round lower, is “blowing the future,” then that is laughable.

It wouldn't be laughable next April when there's some hole filler that drops to the Chiefs at #64. 

9 hours ago, SEMO said:

They need a ton of picks.   Next year we lose Hitchens, Nnadi, Taco, Long, Blythe, LDT, whoever that stop gap LT will be, Drob, Ward, and Blake Bell.    While those guys aren't pro bowlers you can't replace all those positions with FA's because if you do you are finding more stopgap players.   You have to replace those guys with equal or slightly better production in the draft.   We have locked down most of our stars Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, Thuney, Clark, Jones, HB so the challenge now is adding solid depth across the board, finding above avg starters in the draft and hitting a few homeruns on guys like Sneed every so often.  We need tons of picks to do that!

6 hours ago, SEMO said:

You are grabbing a tackle that is comparable to guys being mocked in the 2nd round by using 3 top 100 picks to get him.  That is textbook "How to squander a historically good qb 101".