KC Chiefs vs Miami Dolphins game thread

Ugly game and ugly win.   Kelce, and Hill are about the only one who balled out and they both had dropped passed.    Mahomes, Oline and running game sucked.

Defense had spurts where they played well but I think all the turnovers and the return TD left them on the the field too long.  Again Niemann is possibly on par with Tyler Palko as being a player that would struggle to start on a dozen college teams.   Our front 4 outside of CJ and a blown assignment cannot generate pressure consitently.  We can't cover 2nd and 3rd string TE's and can't put a team away.   

ST looked good this week.

12-1 on to next week.    

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Mahomes, Oline and running game sucked.

I disagree.... one INT was off a tipped ball... shit happens it's the NFL

one INT was a GREAT catch... again... can't win them all and it's just a coincidence they both happened in the same game

Mahomes had an off day but he still threw for 400 yd and 2

2 minutes ago, mex said:

yeah I found that odd too... he could be right... especially if we get healthy again

It’s frustrating because some personnel changes can fix some of the issues. But reid is again always faithful to a fault.

spags must stop with Neiman. 

andy has to pull the plug on the line. 

2 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

A SB repeat is going to depend on the strength of the opposition defense.  Rather go against an offensive juggernaut vs a solid D. We can win a shootout, but our Oline can easily cost us a W otherwise. 

I think part of the problem is either Mahomes, EB, or Reid keep trying to run these long developing plays when they know our Oline can't block.   Maybe part of that is Mahomes ability to buy time but why can't we run slants and outs and manufacture easy receptions like other teams.    They were giving us 10 yard cushion and we run a draw to the right behind dweedle dee and dweedle dum for 0 yards.   I think when we go into the game knowing we have to dink and dunk we dismantle teams but we don't seem to adjust when we are hell bent on passing it deep.   

We can hang 40 on any D in the league and if we are playing our A game.....50 is within reach.    This was a good D with one great play Van Noy......and we hung 24 with 4 TO's and a ST return that would have likely been more points because we had momentum.    

Our hardest opponent is ourselves.   Get disciplined and get another ring, slack off like we've done the past month and get sent home in embarrassing fashion before we even get to the SB.

Mahomes is the reason we're in the playoffs. Yes, he's got weapons. But without PM we're average.

WE MUST PROTECT HIM

gotta fix the OL in the draft and pick up some FAs who want a ring

it can be done... belichick did it for 20 fucking years

4 minutes ago, mex said:

I disagree.... one INT was off a tipped ball... shit happens it's the NFL

one INT was a GREAT catch... again... can't win them all and it's just a coincidence they both happened in the same game

Mahomes had an off day but he still threw for 400 yd and 2

It's relative.   He sucked today.   Both tipped passed were bad decisions regardless of the outcome.  Watch the Kelce tip....he goes for 0 yards gained because the dl was hugging him.    CEH was wide open in the flat.     The other tipped pass was way high and CEH is short.   Another bad decision.   Last pass was not good.   For Mahomes standards he sucked today.    And yes I know he had 400 and 2/3 which is insane.   I don't think the D did anything to cause it he just had a super rare bad game which are career days for the avg qb.   

Just now, mex said:

Mahomes is the reason we're in the playoffs. Yes, he's got weapons. But without PM we're average.

WE MUST PROTECT HIM

gotta draft and pick up some FAs who want a ring

Reid has to put his ego aside a little bit and stop thinking he can take pedestrian olinemen and make them average....It aint working.

1 minute ago, mex said:

WE MUST PROTECT HIM

gotta fix the OL in the draft and pick up some FAs who want a ring

Exactly, I'm sure Hunt didn't pay Mahomes half a billion to be a punching bag and already told Veach his job this offseason. With a decent OL Mahomes will be making lame receivers look like stars for years to come and good ones hall of famers but we simply cannot let him run for his life every single down and get frustrated. 

It's relative.   He sucked today.   Both tipped passed were bad decisions regardless of the outcome.  Watch the Kelce tip....he goes for 0 yards gained because the dl was hugging him.    CEH was wide open in the flat.     The other tipped pass was way high and CEH is short.   Another bad decision.   Last pass was not good.   For Mahomes standards he sucked today.    And yes I know he had 400 and 2/3 which is insane.   I don't think the D did anything to cause it he just had a super rare bad game which are career days for the avg qb.   

Yup..However, those int's are typically passes he completes. Just an off day for him. Every player has one. Maybe he didn't get a goodnights sleep last night....Who knows..

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

It’s frustrating because some personnel changes can fix some of the issues. But reid is again always faithful to a fault.

spags must stop with Neiman. 

andy has to pull the plug on the line. 

This!   For someone who is suppose to know what to do....if you watch Niemann he just runs around in circles and is never hardly involved in the play until it's 5 yards down field.    He had one tackle for a 2-3 yard stop which was a great play for him.  He can't cover backup TE's, he can't blitz or pressure or tackle or catch the easiest int of all time.   Where again does this intelligence pay off for us.   Give me the wild man that runs around knocking peoples heads off and missing an assignment or two but gets you a couple TFL, sack, int, or PD.     

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Yup..However, those int's are typically passes he completes. Just an off day for him. Every player has one. Maybe he didn't get a goodnights sleep last night....Who knows..

Totally agree.  I'm not bagging really just calling it what I saw.   Still pretty amazing for a horrible day by his standards.   He is so much fun to watch.   

This!   For someone who is suppose to know what to do....if you watch Niemann he just runs around in circles and is never hardly involved in the play until it's 5 yards down field.    He had one tackle for a 2-3 yard stop which was a great play for him.  He can't cover backup TE's, he can't blitz or pressure or tackle or catch the easiest int of all time.   Where again does this intelligence pay off for us.   Give me the wild man that runs around knocking peoples heads off and missing an assignment or two but gets you a couple TFL, sack, int, or PD.     

I'm with you bro..You can't tell my Gay or even DOD could not do better than seman..

2 minutes ago, robgar said:

well...

AFC WEST Champions, in week 14 

Keep it rolling.. hopeful remmers isnt hurt to bad. 

Wish we could get Schwartz back. Move Remmers or anyone to RG and then Wiz, Allegretti or Kilgore at C. A combination of these guys has to be better than Wylie and Reiters.

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

I'm with you bro..You can't tell my Gay or even DOD could not do better than seman..

Agreed, I don't know much about Nieman other than he's always mentioned on here as the one who's getting owned. You guys watch it more closely than me, but I like what little I've seen of Gay.