KC Chiefs vs Miami Dolphins game thread

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I wouldn't be upset if we didn't go 3 OL in the first 3 rounds in the draft.   Start with a stud OC and a big OG and then maybe a developmental OT.    No team could stop us becaue no only would a good oline protect Mahomes it would allow us to add another wrinkle to our offense by allowing for a run game.     Hate to ignore D but we will be better if nothing more than starting Gay, Sneed has a full offseason to learn, Thornhill comes back 1 year removed from his injury and pretty much the same amount of talent up front.    Also making Mahomes unstoppable will make it easier for the D because it will force teams to be one dimensional.   Win win!   Go get them fatties please...preferably in the first 3 rounds 

I agree I would probably use the 2nd and third round to grab this 3 lineman.  We should be getting a comp 3rd rounder for bienemy. Giving us two 3rds. 

1- Joe Tryon DE Washington 6'5" 260- this dude can bend an edge.  Sat out 2020. But we need a guy that can just get after the QB

2- Landon Dickerson C Alabama 6'5 326- big physical kid.  Can anchor in pass sets.  Good at helping guards in pass pro to. May in run game.  Athletic enough to play at second level.  Alabama pulls him on run plays. 

3- Jabril Cox LB LSU 6'4 240- long athletic LB. Has played really good this year.  Can be our SLB with Hitchens at MLB and Gay at WLB

3- Darrin Kinnard OL Kentucky 6'5" 345- big physical kid with good length.  Plays RT at kentucky.  Is a mauler in the run game.  But also didn't give up a sack in 2019. Plays RG for us in the league. 

4- Abraham Lucas OT Washington State 6'7" 325- has played RT at WSU. But can move to LT and learn next year behind Fisher.  His pass protection is great.  Is more of a positional blocker in the run game.  But has the size and length to develop.  Very good feet and movement skills. 

LT- Fisher

LG- Rankin

C - Dickerson

RG- Kinnard

RT- Niang

Schwartz retires with the back issue. 

If we can I would trade Fisher to the Bears for their 2nd round pick.  Nagy needs to fix his O line.  And a veteran LT would help him a lot.  We could take Walker Little from Stanford with this pick if we do it.  He starts day 1. Little is a top 10 pick of not for 2019 injury and sitting out 2020. A real still if this worked out this way. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

I don't think Fisher will bring a second with his salary. 

A realistic expectation would be a 3rd IMO but if we find a way to sweeten the deal a late 2nd is always a possibility but Fisher isn't making it easy for Veach. 

Nevertheless short term needs sometimes increase the price for a player and we might find the right team in that regard. 

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

I agree I would probably use the 2nd and third round to grab this 3 lineman.  We should be getting a comp 3rd rounder for bienemy. Giving us two 3rds. 

1- Joe Tryon DE Washington 6'5" 260- this dude can bend an edge.  Sat out 2020. But we need a guy that can just get after the QB

2- Landon Dickerson C Alabama 6'5 326- big physical kid.  Can anchor in pass sets.  Good at helping guards in pass pro to. May in run game.  Athletic enough to play at second level.  Alabama pulls him on run plays. 

3- Jabril Cox LB LSU 6'4 240- long athletic LB. Has played really good this year.  Can be our SLB with Hitchens at MLB and Gay at WLB

3- Darrin Kinnard OL Kentucky 6'5" 345- big physical kid with good length.  Plays RT at kentucky.  Is a mauler in the run game.  But also didn't give up a sack in 2019. Plays RG for us in the league. 

4- Abraham Lucas OT Washington State 6'7" 325- has played RT at WSU. But can move to LT and learn next year behind Fisher.  His pass protection is great.  Is more of a positional blocker in the run game.  But has the size and length to develop.  Very good feet and movement skills. 

LT- Fisher

LG- Rankin

C - Dickerson

RG- Kinnard

RT- Niang

Schwartz retires with the back issue. 

If we can I would trade Fisher to the Bears for their 2nd round pick.  Nagy needs to fix his O line.  And a veteran LT would help him a lot.  We could take Walker Little from Stanford with this pick if we do it.  He starts day 1. Little is a top 10 pick of not for 2019 injury and sitting out 2020. A real still if this worked out this way. 

I'm right here with you.   I think the one position that we could see the needle move the most on is DE.   The only teams that give us problems are teams that can generate pressure with 4.   We saw last year in spurts what that does for our D.   Throw in Gay and Sneed and this D could be top 5 with another talented rusher opposite Clark.    Find a starting OC and OG in the 2nd and 3rd and grab another wr with the other 3rd and then draft 4 developmental guys with our picks in the 4th and 5th.    My personal preference is DE, OC, OG but if we went OC, OG, ?,  I'd be ok with that as well.

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm right here with you.   I think the one position that we could see the needle move the most on is DE.   The only teams that give us problems are teams that can generate pressure with 4.   We saw last year in spurts what that does for our D.   Throw in Gay and Sneed and this D could be top 5 with another talented rusher opposite Clark.    Find a starting OC and OG in the 2nd and 3rd and grab another wr with the other 3rd and then draft 4 developmental guys with our picks in the 4th and 5th.    My personal preference is DE, OC, OG but if we went OC, OG, ?,  I'd be ok with that as well.

Danna looks to be coming alone nicely and I wouldn't rule out Wharton moving there full time. DE might not be a priority but we definitely need depth at DL in mid rounds to replace the guys leaving. Don't know what the prospects are but I'm still in favor of 3 linemen with the first 3 picks with a starter at OC in 1st (assuming a top talent is available).

35 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Danna looks to be coming alone nicely and I wouldn't rule out Wharton moving there full time. DE might not be a priority but we definitely need depth at DL in mid rounds to replace the guys leaving. Don't know what the prospects are but I'm still in favor of 3 linemen with the first 3 picks with a starter at OC in 1st (assuming a top talent is available).

I like Danna a lot but he is limited.  He is an ideal backup DE.  Solid, disciplined, and will almost always make the right call on D, but he is a limited athlete.   He will never be a 10 sack guy.    Gotta find a guy that can bend and collapse a pocket.   The reason for not taking 3 rookies is I don't think Andy would throw out 3 rookies on one offensive line and there is a good chance Niang will start next year also which would be 4 rookies under that scenario.

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

It sounds like we will get another 4th round f pick from the comp picks if that is the case Nico Collins is a guy I would be interested in.  A 6'4" 215lb WR. Adds a second redzone receiving threat. Can replace Watkins andhis price tag.  Has the speed to get deep but would kill it in those Watkins routes.  Crossing routes, comebacks,  back shoulder,  jump balls,  deep digs,  drops settle routes.

49 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Yeah DE is not only a priority, its right near the top of the list. Wharton looks like a hidden gem at DT, but he sure isn't moving to DE. He has 2 sacks this yr. I'm not sure why the staff would move him outside just to fill a spot, and decide he's better suited to be and edge rusher.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah DE is not only a priority, its right near the top of the list. Wharton looks like a hidden gem at DT, but he sure isn't moving to DE. He has 2 sacks this yr. I'm not sure why the staff would move him outside just to fill a spot, and decide he's better suited to be and edge rusher.

Not saying there's any talk about moving Wharton but he looks like a solid option with his size and the ability to tackle. He might be able to do what Speaks was supposed to for the line.

That being said we still need additions to the DL, I just don't think it's as critical as the OL. Mahomes has been running for his life a lot and we can't really allow him to get hit so often. Besides a solid OL will help us score and make average defensive ends look much better when the opposition has to go to the air. 

16 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I like Danna a lot but he is limited.  He is an ideal backup DE.  Solid, disciplined, and will almost always make the right call on D, but he is a limited athlete.   He will never be a 10 sack guy.    Gotta find a guy that can bend and collapse a pocket.   The reason for not taking 3 rookies is I don't think Andy would throw out 3 rookies on one offensive line and there is a good chance Niang will start next year also which would be 4 rookies under that scenario.

It's all about the progress IMO. If we find a starting OC I'm fine with Danna being limited on some situations, can't really fix them all at once and OL is causing much more problems than the DL. We could still add some FAs and spend mid rounds picks but OL coaching seems to be terrible so far so we need more day one starters than any other position IMO. 

Niemann had 75 snaps with 4 tackles (2 on last drive) to Gay 17 snaps and 2 tackles 1 assist. What does spags have on gay, is gay banging spags daughter. I mean really gay flashes when he's out there. Niemann might be in the right spot per say but he ain't doing shit.

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Keep Wharton inside. Draft a guy that we can develop at DT or DE.  Let CJ go outside to DE. Now you have your DEs set and you can move CJ as needed depending on the defense calls.

Moving jones to DE might not be a bad idea.  He can always kick inside on paying downs too

DE- Jones, Okafor, Danna

DT- Nnadi, Wharton

DT- Pennel, Saunders 

DE- Clark, kpass, Ward

9 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Niemann had 75 snaps with 4 tackles (2 on last drive) to Gay 17 snaps and 2 tackles 1 assist. What does spags have on gay, is gay banging spags daughter. I mean really gay flashes when he's out there. Niemann might be in the right spot per say but he ain't doing shit.

It's maddening how often this happens with some players.  

Neimann

Keizer

Sorenson- i don't think he should be a full time starter.  But a rotational guy and special teams ace 

Reiter

Wylie

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

Moving home to DE might not be a bad idea.  He can always kick inside on paying downs too

DE- Jones, Okafor, Danna

DT- Nnadi, Wharton

DT- Pennel, Saunders 

DE- Clark, kpass, Ward

Are we discussing the remainder of this year or the future?  For this year it seems the staff is set in concrete about who plays and how much.  Saunders isn't active lately and Ward doesn't play.  Next season, I'd expect Okafor and Pennel to be gone and possibly Kpass.  Jones probably won't move from DT unless some monster interior pass rusher unexpectedly shows up in camp.  Will Taco be back?  Too bad the Chiefs couldn't afford to keep Ogbah .

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Are we discussing the remainder of this year or the future?  For this year it seems the staff is set in concrete about who plays and how much.  Saunders isn't active lately and Ward doesn't play.  Next season, I'd expect Okafor and Pennel to be gone and possibly Kpass.  Jones probably won't move from DT unless some monster interior pass rusher unexpectedly shows up in camp.  Will Taco be back?  Too bad the Chiefs couldn't afford to keep Ogbah .

Would be great to keep Ogbah but definitely not realistic. I think Taco comes back, there won't be a decent market for him so another 1-year deal is very likely in a system he got to learn. 

I don't think anything changes this year, we can't even replace Reither with a relatively decent option so it's more of a futuristic discussion if I'm not missing anything. 

Jones isn't that impressive on the edge as he only can bull rush.   In a pinch sure but he's top 3 interior and definitely not top 10 on the edge.  Keep him at his dominant position and draft a guy early or sign an aging vet that could give you some juice in spurts.     Someone like Brandon Graham or Everson Griffin to stop gap.   

44 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Jones isn't that impressive on the edge as he only can bull rush.   In a pinch sure but he's top 3 interior and definitely not top 10 on the edge.  Keep him at his dominant position and draft a guy early or sign an aging vet that could give you some juice in spurts.     Someone like Brandon Graham or Everson Griffin to stop gap.   

Shit. Pick up JJ Watt. His ass wants out and for a ring only. I am sure there will be others who would want that ring.