Playoff Challengers

Her hands ..feel better?

https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_news/fan-capacity-for-postseason-games-at-arrowhead-stadium-to-remain-at-22-percent/article_1a04b6ea-3d93-11eb-96c4-fbc123d4b475.html

Fan capacity for postseason games at Arrowhead Stadium to remain at 22 percent

UPDATED 18 HRS AGO | POSTED ON DEC 13, 2020

Only team that scares me is the Packers because of Rodgers, just like all teams are scared of us because of Mahomes.   Elite qb's are the trump card.  The rest of the teams in the AFC have a pretty glaring weaknesses on their team.  The Colts are the most well rounded but they have Rivers and they will be playing in KC where its cold.   The Titans have Henry but they don't have a good enough D and you can't run it enough to keep up with us if their D can't stop us.    The Browns are interesting but they are the Browns and have Mayfield at QB.     

If we play our game we go back-to-back.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Only team that scares me is the Packers because of Rodgers, just like all teams are scared of us because of Mahomes.   Elite qb's are the trump card.  The rest of the teams in the AFC have a pretty glaring weaknesses on their team.  The Colts are the most well rounded but they have Rivers and they will be playing in KC where its cold.   The Titans have Henry but they don't have a good enough D and you can't run it enough to keep up with us if their D can't stop us.    The Browns are interesting but they are the Browns and have Mayfield at QB.     

If we play our game we go back-to-back.

Aside from KC, I think the Bills are the main threat.  Any playoff team can beat any other if things fall a certain way, but Allen is coming on and the team looks ready to contend. 

10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

thats about 25K +/- what the % now.?.not much less IIRC

here https://www.kctv5.com/sports/kansas_city_chiefs/chiefs-announce-crowd-safety-plans-will-start-at-22-capacity-at-arrowhead/article_147ab19a-e0d0-11ea-9fec-83afba44a514.html

Chiefs announce crowd safety plans, will start at 22% capacity at Arrowhead

At this point I'm glad they are allowing fans but at this capacity I"m not sure how much they will charge for the tickets. 

I'm still amazed at what an "it factor" Mahomes is in the game. Think about it....the Chiefs aren't very good in the red zone offensively which usually spells trouble. Our run game is often times just plain anemic. The defense has a whole myriad of issues we are all aware of. Hardly the stuff of champions....and yet Chiefs are 12-1 and #1 in the division. Crazy.

6 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I'm still amazed at what an "it factor" Mahomes is in the game. Think about it....the Chiefs aren't very good in the red zone offensively which usually spells trouble. Our run game is often times just plain anemic. The defense has a whole myriad of issues we are all aware of. Hardly the stuff of champions....and yet Chiefs are 12-1 and #1 in the division. Crazy.

Those were the Smith years, now it's the conference :D 

Too many restrictions on defense for other things to factor in as much as they did in the past. New NFL rules simply mean a star QB and the rest will be fine and we may have the best ever in that regard. As long as Mahomes is upright this team will be a force to be reckoned with regardless of how we do in other areas. 

Chiefs have failed to cover the spread in a lot of games while leading the NFL in point difference, that's how dominant Mahomes makes us, even when we are bad we are still favorites over everyone. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Those were the Smith years, now it's the conference :D 

Too many restrictions on defense for other things to factor in as much as they did in the past. New NFL rules simply mean a star QB and the rest will be fine and we may have the best ever in that regard. As long as Mahomes is upright this team will be a force to be reckoned with regardless of how we do in other areas. 

Chiefs have failed to cover the spread in a lot of games while leading the NFL in point difference, that's how dominant Mahomes makes us, even when we are bad we are still favorites over everyone. 

🥴I meant conference ...lol  You make some good points. Mahomes gets sacked 3 times. We turn the ball over 4 times. Multiple PI calls against us and we still win. Insane.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

🥴I meant conference ...lol  You make some good points. Mahomes gets sacked 3 times. We turn the ball over 4 times. Multiple PI calls against us and we still win. Insane.

Yea, it's still hard to believe he's our QB.

I never dreamed that the chiefs would one day have a "Peyton or Brady or Rodgers, or Marino etc, etc..."

It feels really good.

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

21 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, it's still hard to believe he's our QB.

I never dreamed that the chiefs would one day have a "Peyton or Brady or Rodgers, or Marino etc, etc..."

It feels really good.

Even when the Chiefs are down, it feels like they still have a chance. That's how it felt to me during the first Raiders matchup. 

29 minutes ago, mex said:

marino? PM has already exceeded marino... he has a ring

So does Trent Dilfer.  So does Troy Aikman whose numbers are pathetic.   Marino was a stud and I think it goes to show us (if last years playoffs didn’t) that winning a SB is really hard in the NFL.  I don’t think it’s offensive to put Patrick in those guys categories.   We were the best team last year and it wasn’t close, yet we barely won a SB.    Even with Mahomes is tough to do what Brady and the Pats did.   We have the best chance to match that dominance and it starts with winning back to back.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I don’t think it’s offensive to put Patrick in those guys categories.

haven't seen anyone offended by putting him in with those guys because he belongs there

my point was marino was great... but never won the big game

so it takes the shine off the greatness

just like dan fouts and air coryell

stats up the ass... no ring

MVPatrick has already surpassed them far as I'm concerned

oh and in regards to marino...

dan-marino-should-die-of-gonorrhea-and-r

care for a cookie, son?

2 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I was down for the count: had every symptom but loss of taste and smell. Lost 23 lbs from not eating, couldn't sleep, lost sense of clarity

wow.. glad your better now, I certainly dont want it but then I could afford to lose 23#s just seems a scary way of doing it

15 hours ago, oldtimer said:

wow.. glad your better now, I certainly dont want it but then I could afford to lose 23#s just seems a scary way of doing it

10 hours ago, xen said:

Glad you're ok Hands.  Guy i work with passed away today.  Official word was complications from Covid.  I assume he had some co-morbidities (really big guy).   Sucks.  Nice dude.  Always had a smile.

I have diabetes but that didn't play into.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Glad you are okay now, hopefully there won't be any lasting effects. 

I know I am your resident pain in the ass but its nice to see these well wishes. As an ex-smoker, I certainly can feel the shortness  of breath and generally feeling tired...

I appreciate all the kind words.

11 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I know I am your resident pain in the ass but its nice to see these well wishes. As an ex-smoker, I certainly can feel the shortness  of breath and generally feeling tired...

I hear the shortness of breath lingers on a while like pneumonia but not as long-lasting or severe. Hopefully you get back to 100% in no time.  

23 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I was down for the count: had every symptom but loss of taste and smell. Lost 23 lbs from not eating, couldn't sleep, lost sense of clarity

Glad to hear you're ok. Got a friend in the hospital right now with it and another one who is on the upswing after a little over a week of fighting it. Everyone I know that's had it says the exact same thing....... You don't want it.

13 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Definitley glad you are better hands, and sorry it was so rough.   It really is a crazy virus.  Some people get sick for half a day, others not at all and then others end up in the hospital on a ventilator.