Dumpster Fire lol

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea but whats on Network TV other than a game is mind numbing

It's the streaming services getting all the business. Even though there's nothing else on network tv people are watching something else instead of two lame teams on TNF. 

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

What a shit show tonight. It is so awesome to see these teams go toe to toe to see who can make the most mistakes. Lynn is cooked. What a terrible game manager. The only thing you can't do is take a sack. LMAO

My favorite was Gruden wearing the wrong hat....set the tone for the night

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Problem is you can't flex a game like that. Not like the league can call and say " Hey how'd you like to play prime time on 3 days less rest and practice?"

So these predetermined matchups turn out to be fuckin garbage the majority of the time.

And yet it still averages more viewers than most network shows ever reach.  Hell over 10 million watched a Wed afternoon game this year which would be a top 10 network rating.

There's no way the networks give a shit what the matchup looks like on Thursdays as long as the game is played and they have eyeballs watching so they can sell ads.

1 hour ago, xen said:

And yet it still averages more viewers than most network shows ever reach.  Hell over 10 million watched a Wed afternoon game this year which would be a top 10 network rating.

There's no way the networks give a shit what the matchup looks like on Thursdays as long as the game is played and they have eyeballs watching so they can sell ads.

I'm not a TV executive, but I would think it depends on other factors than just number of viewers.  For example what does it cost for the rights to TNF and what is the advertising revenue for a game.  A lesser watched show might be more profitable if the cost is far less.

Do you think the logistics of working Thursday night football in conjunction with bye and or division rivalries would work? I know that bye weeks can’t start until week 4 or something and they don’t have them after week 14 or so and so therefore the number of games are reduced on Thursday night football, but could they work that or would that be too few games to have a week off and then play on Thursday and then the next Sunday?

I think the key would be being equal and that I think is impossible, but that’s already how it is. The only difference is that it would be the reverse. Right now those who have Thursday night games are at at a disadvantage. In the hypothetical above, it’s those who would have a Thursday night football game would be at an advantage.

18 hours ago, xen said:

thats because thee Ravens are so popular.......I'll show myself out...

Unless it's the Chiefs, I often forget about TNF. The only reason I knew about this game is I was reminded about it on one of my streaming services. 

It was an entertaining game IMO, what little I paid attention to. The AFC west match ups have been tough this season.