Saints Predictions

I have to be realistic with this one. If we trot this OLINE out there, Mahomes might get killed by the Saints DLINE.

Andy should go in with a run first, take them by surprise game plan. Win or lose. Live to fight another day. Saints aren't go to blow us off the map with Hill at QB. If we can run it effectively and hang in, the game can be won. 

There are bigger fish to fry.

Chiefs 27

Saints 24

30 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

I see Mahomes playing backyard ball in this game. Scrambling around making ridiculous throw (more than usual)

Interesting to see Mahomes play after a 3 INT game. Haven’t seen it before. 

KC 27-24

That is an interesting point. I get the feeling that Mahomes forgot about those 3 interceptions right after the 3rd interception. I don't think Mahomes fears the interception like so many QBs do..  

I don't expect this one to be easy but also Mahomes might be motivated after the worst statistical game of his career, which was a great day for most QBs. I think the defense shows up with better motivation but I don't see our offense doing that much with this OL.

24-20 Chiefs. 

49 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I expect a loss but I think it will do the Chiefs good..might be gettn a bit full of themselves

yea. Mostly the OLINE though. If they have to run out what we think they are going to run out, good night. 

58 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I expect a loss but I think it will do the Chiefs good..might be gettn a bit full of themselves

As long as Mahome stays upright I don't really care about another loss. Might help Reid and the rest realize that this OL won't cut it in the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, azchief21 said:

That is an interesting point. I get the feeling that Mahomes forgot about those 3 interceptions right after the 3rd interception. I don't think Mahomes fears the interception like so many QBs do..  

you heard him on SB Mic'd Up

his attitude was"'already threw 2 picks in the SB... can't get any worse so might as well keep flinging it"

certainly his dad taught him that... pitchers need the shortest memories of all... 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

agreed... if patrick is running for his life, get him out of there... give henne some work... no sense risking the entire season for a meaningless game

either that, or as previously stated, just run the ball for 60 min

3 minutes ago, mex said:

agreed... if patrick is running for his life, get him out of there... give henne some work... no sense risking the entire season for a meaningless game

either that, or as previously stated, just run the ball for 60 min

Surprised to say this but that would be a dream come true at this point. 

12 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

looks like Bree's is going to start. Adam S. reported.

Our O line scares me as others have eluded to.

Close game..28-24 Chiefs. Reid please have the sausage out there.

Good. MVPat I believe will  be more inspired to play well & certainly a more stationary  target for the Defense

Im glad Brees is playing. Maybe the last chance to see Mahomes play against the HOF QB.  Shoot out!

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Drew Brees (ribs) will start Week 15 against the Chiefs.

Apparently, coach Sean Payton was fibbing a bit when he said Thursday that Brees has "a ways to go" before he's back on the field as the starter. But after the Saints dropped one against the Eagles last week with Taysom Hill under center, New Orleans believes it's time for Brees to get back in the saddle in a showdown with Patrick Mahomes. Brees was 3-1 in four games as the starter. Brees will be more of a high-end QB2 in a potential shootout with K.C., and his return certainly raises the fantasy floors and ceilings of Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, and others.

Brees playing : 38-34 Saints. They turn the tables and do what Mahomes does to everyone else. Last minute TD drive where our pass rush fails us.

1 more loss could actually be good for this team. I dont want to go into the playoffs with them thinking they are unbeatable. A loss to a playoff team fresh in their minds could be good motivation. Then if we play them in the SB we will hand them their asses.

59 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

We have a 1 game lead with 3 to go for the all important first round bye.  There are no meaningless games. 

important first round bye? you serious clark? ok yeah, sure, "there are no meaningless games" 

seems to me our OL is reeling and needs rest right this very moment... not three weeks from now

always been a big picture guy... seems to me our OL has been hit pretty hard... according to many in this very forum we have guys playing who shouldn't even be in the league

not sure I agree with that, but the way our OL has been patched together I'm surprised we don't see duct tape all over their uniforms

the OL is the single most important position group... with the responsibility of protecting our FRANCHISE QB without whom our chances to advance in the playoffs are well... nil

if PM is running for his life (as stated in my post... context is everything) then this Sunday is clearly not as important as the next two games

we keep the tiebreaker edge with Pitt regardless

IMO (and this is just my opinion) our first obligation is to stay healthy RIGHT NOW to fight another day... "all important bye week" or not

here's a thought... why not turn week 15 into an all important bye week

minimize exposure to injury from our key starters, and give another week to heal all the sore backs on the OL

I'm not saying we should phone it in... of course not

but we sure as fuckety fuck don't need to play this game like it's one and done

if I were Andy, I'd gameplan to keep PM safe in the superdome

run the ball, call quick outs, jet sweeps... and give backups like Henne a few quarters of PT... hell Keizer and Yelder could use the reps, honestly

sorry I just can't place much value in fighting for a bye in January, when we're in need of a bye right now... doesn't add up

just my .02... fire away

1 minute ago, mex said:

guessing you didn't read the rest of my post

I read it all.  But it started with some shit that I'm stupid for implying that the first round bye is not serious.  It's flipping huge. 

Is it as important as having Mahomes alive?  No.  But here is how important it is.  In the last 3 years, 10 out of 12 teams that made the conference championship game had a first round bye.  Now one might say they made the conference championship because they were better teams and that's also why they had the bye in the first place.  And that is partly true.  But it's also true that the teams that did not have a first round bye and had to play round 1 lost to the lower seed over half the time over the same period.  Not since the 2012 Ravens has a team went to the Super Bowl without a first round bye. 

And by winning the next couple of games, you have the option of seeing how the Steelers finish and possibly sitting starters for the Chargers game and then having a bye after that, giving you basically 2 weeks to get healthy. 

Brees is gonna play? Just proves the point that every team tries to bring their A game when it's the Chiefs. You think Brees plays if it the Jets? Remember McCaffrey was injured for weeks, came back for the Chiefs, out after that?

This is the way.