Chiefs vs Saints Game Day Thread

Just now, moons314 said:

True, but lets be honest, he wasn't playing very well before he got hurt.  

But we don't know if he was playing hurt already which would explain a lot. There are very few RT I would take over him. Plus who knows how paranoid he was about the RG next to him.

3 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

No bone damage / structural issues. I’d guess muscle isn’t x-ray able?

You're right but I was more referring to Reid's comment.  They can often take X-rays immediately and that shows certain things.  MRIs are usually next day if necessary for muscle / ligaments / etc.

I'm not sure how "just getting twisted up in the splits" matches with him not being able to put any weight on it.  Someone on Twitter (I think it was there and not here) suggested a dislocated hip?

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm not sure how "just getting twisted up in the splits" matches with him not being able to put any weight on it.

pretty sure that was precautionary

if it was really bad, they would have driven him to the locker room on a cart

It didn’t take long for the Chiefs to announce Edwards-Helaire as doubtful to return.

After the game, head coach Andy Reid said that Edwards-Helaire got “twisted up” and revealed that x-rays were negative.

Running backs Le’Veon Bell and Darrel Williams will have to make up for the absence of Edwards-Helaire.

14 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Are you kidding me right now? Dude he was putrid today.

What i was saying too on the other thread. He was pushed back easily into Mahomes space. Beaten easily in an outside rush or dipped to the inside. They even used the rb to chip most of the first half if it, it seemed.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Two biggest needs are OL and coverage LB (another Gay-type, except who, you know, actually plays) and I'm not sure it's close.

Its absolutely close. DE is a huge need for this team. Regardless of what they invested in Clark and Jones financially they still need consistent pressure from the other DE spot.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

What i was saying too on the other thread. He was pushed back easily into Mahimes space. Beaten easily in an outside rush or dipped to the inside. They even used the rb to chip most if the first half if it, it seemed.

Wylie was terrible today. Theres no debate to be had. He was absolutely abused. 

21 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Its absolutely close. DE is a huge need for this team. Regardless of what they invested in Clark and Jones financially they still need consistent pressure from the other DE spot.

I agree our line is underperforming, but our pass rush was pretty good last year?  I just feel like we have the athletes and maybe it's fixable without dumping additional resources into it.  To be clear, maybe.

Whereas our OL and LBs just are physically inferior and get routinely worked over.  So I'd much rather fix those positions and hope for the best on the DL.

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I agree our line is underperforming, but our pass rush was pretty good last year?  I just feel like we have the athletes and maybe it's fixable without dumping additional resources into it.  To be clear, maybe.

Whereas our OL and LBs just are physically inferior and get routinely worked over.  So I'd much rather fix those positions and hope for the best on the DL.

Ogbah played great last year and Okafor was much more effective rushing the passer last year. This year hes a non factor. It has to be addressed. Danna is good depth and thats fine from a 5th rounder. But we need another starter there.