Chiefs vs Saints Game Day Thread

We need to stop investing cap dollars into d end, its a common theme every year that free agents play as well as “studs” there are ogbahs, okafors, suggs, etc. available every year. Pay your stud interior lineman, pay a stud safety, pay someone to be captain of the defense, and pay your offensive weapons.

on d its much more important to have a d coordinator not named bob sutton and a solid group of smart players than to have 50 million cap dollars invested in frank clark who at best is 1% better than k pas and danna

2 hours ago, mex said:

that's a great DL... our OL did as good as could be exected

I agree they are very good, but they played 5-6 in the box all night with two deep safeties and dared us to run.   As good as they are the don't have 4 all pro's on that line.   Good Olines can open up holes in 5-6 fronts especially when you have talented running backs like we have.     I think under the circumstance they did as good as can be expected but most of our success in the run game came outside the tackles not inside which most of us have been calling for, for weeks.    Mahomes moving around also helps.   I just worry because Mahomes is so good that we ignore it again this offseason and eventually it gets Mahomes hurt.

They have an incredible D and we hung 32 on them and our Oline is as pathetic as it can be and we hung 32.    Our D which is slightly above average made enough plays for us to win.    If we could catch the ball they might have gotten 17 today.    Point is give Mahomes a better line and lets go break the NFL with it.   We have yet to see a great game by our O and we are dominating.   Also it protects the investment.   

Sorry that wasn't aimed at you just a general rant.   

17 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

To fix it long term at a fraction of the cost. Why would we not? 

For the reason I just said?  Easier to find a decent low-level FA than hit on a draft pick.

Again, the point is that I think we would get better bang for our buck - whether FA or draft - by improving the OL and LB corps.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Two biggest needs are OL and coverage LB (another Gay-type, except who, you know, actually plays) and I'm not sure it's close.

3rd is DL but with all that money invested who do you move on from?

Additional offensive weapons shouldn't even be on the radar until Hill and Kelce start showing their age.  You can find Pringle / Robinson types all day to fill out depth.  If the OL is better Mahomes will turn guys into superstars, or at least fringe Pro Bowlers.

I disagree.   OL I agree with but pass rush is the 1b.   We need another DE opposite of Clark that can deliver consistently.   The very best coverage LB's in the league get burned more often than not.   Coverage LB's don't phase our team and don't see the field but like 30% of the time.   I think we all have Niemann fatigue.   A sack of flour out there would make us have visions of DJ.    We draft any guy with some bend and speed to play opposite Frank and our D will jump 5 spots in the ranking, and it will make our DBs, Ss, and LBs look a lot better.

14 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

We need to stop investing cap dollars into d end, its a common theme every year that free agents play as well as “studs” there are ogbahs, okafors, suggs, etc. available every year. Pay your stud interior lineman, pay a stud safety, pay someone to be captain of the defense, and pay your offensive weapons.

on d its much more important to have a d coordinator not named bob sutton and a solid group of smart players than to have 50 million cap dollars invested in frank clark who at best is 1% better than k pas and danna

1% better than Danna and Kpass......that's hilarious.   Frank Clark was never going to be DT and get you 15 a year.   Yes he is paid like that but he is a solid all around DE that carries a certain swagger this D needs.   Its a mental toughness and attitude that is contagious and needed.  CJ is the clown, but he can't rally guys like Frank and HB.   I'm disappointed in his play this year but he will bounce back and if we could add someone consistent opposite him I think you would see similar production like we saw from Tamba Hali when he had Jared Allen and Houston.   If a stud DE is there at 32 then take him if not maybe add a Everson Griffin type vet for one year and draft a developmental raw twitchy athlete in the 3rd or 4th.   The rest of the focus needs to be OL, WR and TE 2.   

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Are you kidding me right now? Dude he was putrid today.

Listen I'm not a Wylie fan at all.  But come on.  Fisher was the one getting worked today. 

Wylie want great.  But he was better as a tackle over being a guard.  And I'm not not saying he was great,  so calm down

38 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

So who is our worst match up looking forward to the playoffs? We seem to be our own worst enemy for the most part. 

I think Green Bay.   Brees is a shell of himself but we don't get enough pressure with our front 4 to cause guys like Rodgers problems.   He would light up our secondary.   Elite passers are our biggest hurdle to repeat and at this moment it looks like only Rodgers.   Now  I totally think we can beat GB and if its a blow out its us blowing them out but elite passers give this D a hard time.   Tennesse would be a close 2nd as they are playing really well.   I don't buy Buffalo because Josh Allen isn't accurate enough and their D isn't good enough to slow us down.

14 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

This....

Say whatever you want but here’s the truth: went to Baltimore and won, went to Buffalo and won, went to Tampa and won, went to Miami and won, went to New Orleans and won. They are the team to beat

Agreed!

Mahomes looks like a figure skater out there, moving around way too much trying to survive. If the OL can get to a decent level nobody can stop this offense. Hardman had a great TD catch and that toe drag was sweet but I think I'm done complaining about him not getting enough targets, the dude just can't get it done. At this point he's like Robinson, one occasional good play followed by a bunch of wasted targets. I hope he turns it around but not getting my hopes up. 

Nevertheless we beat a playoff contender on the road and could have been a much easier game if we didn't screw up late in the 4th but the last drive to kill the clock was really good. 

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree they are very good, but they played 5-6 in the box all night with two deep safeties and dared us to run.   As good as they are the don't have 4 all pro's on that line.   Good Olines can open up holes in 5-6 fronts especially when you have talented running backs like we have.     I think under the circumstance they did as good as can be expected but most of our success in the run game came outside the tackles not inside which most of us have been calling for, for weeks.    Mahomes moving around also helps.   I just worry because Mahomes is so good that we ignore it again this offseason and eventually it gets Mahomes hurt.

They have an incredible D and we hung 32 on them and our Oline is as pathetic as it can be and we hung 32.    Our D which is slightly above average made enough plays for us to win.    If we could catch the ball they might have gotten 17 today.    Point is give Mahomes a better line and lets go break the NFL with it.   We have yet to see a great game by our O and we are dominating.   Also it protects the investment.   

Sorry that wasn't aimed at you just a general rant.   

oh, I agree pretty much with everything you said... but it's not like we can do much about it until the offseason other than get people healed and put them into better situations

personally I think as bad as our OL has been at protecting PM, our DL has been equally bad at pressuring opposing QBs

considering how much time brees had yesterday, it's amazing our secondary held up

our DL did poorly especially considering the saints were missing both their starting guards, and mike thomas

both teams are reeling with injuries right now, but that saints team is pretty damned good

that sandwich hit that PM took had me off the couch... we can't let that happen

it'll be interesting to see what andy does next week with regard to starters... that game will actually be meaningless

14 hours ago, Palangi said:

I thought Wylie played better than Fisher. 

I thought Wylie was decent at tackle.  Maybe he can be a swing tackle moving forward? 

Wylie, had TE help ALL day.  Hence why kelce had a so so day.  Fischer had some stupid ass plays, that's for sure, but it's really not comparable.

30 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Wylie, had TE help ALL day.  Hence why kelce had a so so day.  Fischer had some stupid ass plays, that's for sure, but it's really not comparable.

Listen i get the Wylie hate.  I'm not a fan either.  And I'm not saying he is an answer there at all.  But he did surprise me some.  He was better there than guard.  And he did play better than fisher. 

It's OK to say.  But saying he played better than Fisher doesn't mean he was good either.