2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

At least it doesn’t appear to be injuries that will limit him next season.

we need bell and williams to remain healthy for the playoff run 

I hope you’re right. Hips can be tricky for athletes, especially - I would think - a running back. I think it was a hip injury that ended Bo Jackson’s football career, though he kept playing baseball. 

2 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

I hope you’re right. Hips can be tricky for athletes, especially - I would think - a running back. I think it was a hip injury that ended Bo Jackson’s football career, though he kept playing baseball. 

I heard it said that these days Bo's injury  worst case would be a season ending  not career ending these days not even requiring surgery but of course that was almost 30 years ago.

here's an article that compares Bo's injury to  the one Tua Tagalova (sp?) suffered

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/11/surgeon-explains-tuas-hip-injury-bo-jackson-connection-and-long-term-outlook.html

35 minutes ago, mex said:

Thankfully we don't need him as badly for the next two games as we do for the playoffs. Hopefully 2-3 weeks off is enough. . 

For a regular ankle sprain probably, but it's a high ankle sprain. Where's ole Dr. Bilyous when you need him. What's the timetable?

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I heard it said that these days Bo's injury  worst case would be a season ending  not career ending these days not even requiring surgery but of course that was almost 30 years ago.

here's an article that compares Bo's injury to  the one Tua Tagalova (sp?) suffered

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/11/surgeon-explains-tuas-hip-injury-bo-jackson-connection-and-long-term-outlook.html

I could be misremembering but didn't they let Bo's injury linger to long and it allowed the blood circulation to be cut off to his leg.   Or maybe that is the danger in hip injuries.  Look at Tua.  Similar injury and he wasn't even out a full year.   Still a QB is different that the wear and tear and cuts made by a running back. 

My hope is that Bell dominates the last couple games and can create a market for himself next year that could help net us a 4-5th round comp pick.   Right now he'd be lucky to get a 3/15 deal.  Which at that rate I wouldn't mind bringing him back.   Damien Williams would save half that in a cut.    Damien Williams has more speed but isn't elusive at all.   Wonder what you guys think.     If we could get Bell for 3/15 or stick with Damien Williams at 2.5 million.   

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Bell is not near the back Clyde is. Hope he returns.

two totally different running styles

bell can catch the ball, understands the playbook, and is probably a little better in pass pro

he'll be fine... and there will not be a huge drop off in production, unless andy changes direction

19 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

My hope is that Bell dominates the last couple games and can create a market for himself next year that could help net us a 4-5th round comp pick.   Right now he'd be lucky to get a 3/15 deal.  Which at that rate I wouldn't mind bringing him back.   Damien Williams would save half that in a cut.    Damien Williams has more speed but isn't elusive at all.   Wonder what you guys think.     If we could get Bell for 3/15 or stick with Damien Williams at 2.5 million.   

I think they are similar in production and would keep whoever plays for less money, bell might be worth a mil or so more since he can handle more touches without being injured. I would be fine with any combo of clyde/Williams/williams or clyde/ bell/ williams or bell / williams/ williams if for some reason clydes injury is worse than we think. Money on any situation should be very similar

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Well, that's good news.  

5. The Chiefs found some success on the ground.

Kansas City racked up 179 rushing yards in Sunday’s victory, which were the second-most New Orleans has allowed all season. In fact, the Saints entered the matchup allowing the second-fewest rushing yards on average in the NFL, yielding just 3.7 yards-per-attempt.

Tailback Clyde Edwards-Helaire (79), Bell (62) and Mahomes (37) each contributed to that effort on the ground.