Revised expectations

Remember when football was about who got the W and who got the L? When "You are what your record says you are! "? When the Chiefs could still make the wild card if they win out and these two other teams are upset? I remember 40 years of that.  Now the Chiefs are 13-1 and the gap between them and the second-best team is probably larger than that between the Patriots and the pack during their dynasty. The talking heads are in such disbelief that they are fretting about the Chiefs' margin of victory. They are "concerned" because the Chiefs are not winning by multiple scores. Too funny! It is a sweet time to be a Chiefs fan! 

Only way to create click bait with these tools. I can't stand sports pundits anymore. Nothing is real, just a bunch of blow hard exaggeration trying to get reaction and ratings. News is the same way, can't stand any of it. 

I just enjoy watching the Chiefs actions do all the talking. F the rest of them and all their opinions and concerns. We have been given a gift that many have waited a lifetime for. I fear Mahomes may spoil us too much because his play has created such unreal expectations; yet, he keeps on delivering! Go Chiefs!

3 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Only way to create click bait with these tools. I can't stand sports pundits anymore. Nothing is real, just a bunch of blow hard exaggeration trying to get reaction and ratings. News is the same way, can't stand any of it. 

I just enjoy watching the Chiefs actions do all the talking. F the rest of them and all their opinions and concerns. We have been given a gift that many have waited a lifetime for. I fear Mahomes may spoil us too much because his play has created such unreal expectations; yet, he keeps on delivering! Go Chiefs!

WINNER

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I hear you Biggs, whenever they start babbling about Carr outplaying Mahomes and the Raiders are for real and they have the blue print to beat the Chiefs  and blah blah blah stuff like that? I just revert to replays of the the Chiefs SB victory and sprinkle in a little Mic'd up

21 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I hear you Biggs, whenever they start babbling about Carr outplaying Mahomes and the Raiders are for real and they have the blue print to beat the Chiefs  and blah blah blah stuff like that? I just revert to replays of the the Chiefs SB victory and sprinkle in a little Mic'd up

whenever they talk about that shit, the raiders always go belly up

you know the BEST thing about being a fan right now?

after watching for 50+ years, we finally know we are ALWAYS in the game

a 24-0 playoff deficit in the 2nd quarter? meh.

14 pt deficit after 3 quarters? no problem.

10 pt Super Bowl deficit with 6 minutes left?  CAKE.

3 pt deficit with 1:43 left? Bring it on.

this team can overcome just about anything... they are truly exciting to watch

5 minutes ago, mex said:

you know the BEST thing about being a fan right now?

after watching for 50+ years, we finally know we are ALWAYS in the game

a 24-0 playoff deficit in the 2nd quarter? meh.

14 pt deficit after 3 quarters? no problem.

10 pt Super Bowl deficit with 6 minutes left?  CAKE.

3 pt deficit with 1:43 left? Bring it on.

this team can overcome just about anything... they are truly exciting to watch

Let's hope they can continue to overcome this JV OL when each game is an elimination game for both teams! Patrick is the only one out there that can!

6 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Let's hope they can continue to overcome this JV OL when each game is an elimination game for both teams! Patrick is the only one out there that can!

GEEZ    Debby Downer. Cant you put this somewhere else? 

22-1 with this oline. If KC loses it will be a freaky play, bad call, a turnover, an injury or just simply beat by a better team that particular day.

DWBH

Edited by AFCWEST

12 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

GEEZ    Debby Downer. Cant you put this somewhere else? 

22-1 with this oline. If KC loses it will be a freaky play, bad call, a turnover, an injury or just simply beat by a better team that particular day.

DWBH

That's a lot more likely with this OL than a decent one. 

I am kinda torn about this winning close games...A) We should be winning some of these games by more than one score. We aren't because of self-inflicted wounds. We have played several teams as of late that are playoff teams or on the verge of making the playoffs. EVERY SINGLE TEAM is gonna bring their A GAME when they play us/super bowl champions. It would be nice to see a dominant game some times without my heart in panic mode all game...B) Does winning these close games help in the long run during the playoffs? If they were to blow every team out,  then fuck around and have a tight game in the playoffs and lay an egg there without having been in a close game all year? Not feeling the the pressure of playing from behind or having to close a game out.

Where everyone of us would like to see this team dominate every game, I am kinda glad that these games have been close and the team will know what its like to play in close ball games. They have been tested all year and probably tested more in the playoffs.

Close games and coming from behind is probably a good thing, but do they have to do it six weeks in a row?  One encouraging thing is that the team, especially the defense, seems to be getting stronger as the playoffs approach.  If the Chiefs can get a few pieces back for the line, they may be able to pile up bigger leads and wear down opposing defenses better.  Andy will have a few wrinkles for the playoffs.  That's not to say that he's toying with teams in the regular season, but he probably will keep the pressure on more in the post season. 

Stronger teams facing us with the home field at stake definitely leads to tougher games and they do have the talent to keep it close. That's not surprising for me. However we should find ways to be more comfortable against lame teams that aren't really contenders for anything. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Stronger teams facing us with the home field at stake definitely leads to tougher games and they do have the talent to keep it close. That's not surprising for me. However we should find ways to be more comfortable against lame teams that aren't really contenders for anything. 

Again, it comes down to beating ourselves so to speak. Stupid mistakes may lead to easy points for some teams. Patrick's fumble against the saints. D-ROb fumbles into the endzone...there are 9 points they basically gave them.

Self-inflicted wounds can come back to bite them in the ass.

Every team in every game makes stupid mistakes.  Good teams overcome them.  Bad teams let the mistakes turn the game against them.  One could say that the Chiefs would win by two or three scores if it wasn't for....blah...blah...blah.  At the same time, the Chiefs could have lost a few more games if the other team hadn't....blah....blah..blah.  It probably evens out over the course of a season.  The trick is not to be on the short end during the playoffs when one extra mistake sends the better team home.  

Revel in these times. Enjoy the fuck out of this. Not too long ago the Chiefs couldn’t even win a home field playoff game with the last win coming in freaking 1993. 
The other teams always had the better quarterback and the Chiefs at home in the playoffs were just a speed bump. 
Not anymore!! 
There is no better time to be a chiefs fan than right now. 
Enjoy this!! 
I have spoken. 

23 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Revel in these times. Enjoy the fuck out of this. Not too long ago the Chiefs couldn’t even win a home field playoff game with the last win coming in freaking 1993. 
The other teams always had the better quarterback and the Chiefs at home in the playoffs were just a speed bump. 
Not anymore!! 
There is no better time to be a chiefs fan than right now. 
Enjoy this!! 
I have spoken. 

AMEN!