Eric Bieniemy can start interviewing with other teams today

Hey guys, if EB he went to SD I wouldn’t like that. I think he’d get those guys motivated , and that could be dangerous. 

SD has had close to our talent level, but not health. Changing to a motivational style coach like EB, and if they can get any breaks from injuries for once,, is a senario I’d rather skip, thank you!

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

Why not the AFC?  There's no reason to think that EB will instantly make a team a threat to the Chiefs.  Sure, he knows how Andy thinks and maybe a few vulnerable areas not obvious to other outsiders, but I'm not worried that EB will outcoach or outplan any other coaching candidate.  I do hope he isn't coach of the Chargers since the Chiefs would have to face him twice a year and he doesn't need two losses against him every year.  

I think the Texans would be the ideal place for EB in the AFC. Solid franchise QB and a team willing to rebuild after the stupidest offseason in recent history. If they give him time I think EB can be successful there. Otherwise Chargers are an option but I don't see him going to a team where he would face Reid twice a year. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think the Texans would be the ideal place for EB in the AFC. Solid franchise QB and a team willing to rebuild after the stupidest offseason in recent history. If they give him time I think EB can be successful there. Otherwise Chargers are an option but I don't see him going to a team where he would face Reid twice a year. 

Yeah, who would want to realize a decades long dream and live/coach in Southern California. Especially the second biggest TV market, the nicest stadium in professional sports, the 8th most cap room in the league, top 10 draft pick, and an absolute stud franchise QB. 

The idea that he would shy away from the opportunity and challenge to better his mentor is naive to me. To be the best you have to beat the best. Anyone that wants a ring will have to go through us, and he would be as prepared to face a Mahomes led team as any HC in football. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah, who would want to realize a decades long dream and live/coach in Southern California. Especially the second biggest TV market, the nicest stadium in professional sports, the 8th most cap room in the league, top 10 draft pick, and an absolute stud franchise QB. 

The idea that he would shy away from the opportunity and challenge to better his mentor is naive to me. To be the best you have to beat the best. Anyone that wants a ring will have to go through us, and he would be as prepared to face a Mahomes led team as any HC in football. 

Chiefs are the team to beat and will be so for the next decade for sure, so they have to go through us. However I think a few consistent playoff runs could be his primary goal to solidify his presence as a HC in which case AFC West will be the worst place to coach in. Haley is one of the best examples IMO that every HC candidate should study. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  Grab the top QB and build around him.  Not the same as Mahomes coming to KC, but there's still a chance for quick improvement.  

Yep.  Jags are ready for the rebuild.  Shed their unwieldy cap hits already.  They have the picks (2 ones, 2 twos and 2 fours) and nearly 80 mil in cap space even with the reduced cap next year.  If they get the right GM/coach team in there they could do some damage in a few years.

That last part is probably where they'll inevitably screw it up.

6 hours ago, xen said:

I would give jags serious consideration now.

Great WR core. Good RB

no qb yet.

terrible defense

I would personally put them number 3. I’ll take the proven qb. If McCarthy is fired, (should be fired immediately)that’s a solid team with Dak. Jerruh, wants to win no matter how much of tool he is. I’d put Dallas 2. 

15 hours ago, xen said:

I would give jags serious consideration now.

Got better picks and will have more time with a rookie qb.   Obrien screwed over the Texans ability to draft this year and they will want instant results.  You already have huge contracts on that Oline and with Deshaun.   While its better than say the Jets job, I think the Jags job is more enticing now.  Draft Trevor, you have Shenault and Chark and Robinson.    Draft oline and bring in FA Olineman and you got the makings of a solid team without tons of pressure.

The Chargers should go all in. You get a proven offensive minded head coach that works well with young Qbs and a guy that has inside info on your main opponent. Herbert is a super star in the making. I hope Eric does not choose the Chargers. Maybe he does not want to compete with KC?

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

The Chargers should go all in. You get a proven offensive minded head coach that works well with young Qbs and a guy that has inside info on your main opponent. Herbert is a super star in the making. I hope Eric does not choose the Chargers. Maybe he does not want to compete with KC?

I think the Chargers are the most desirable because they already have what looks like a franchise qb, good weapons, and a stout defense.  He has 3-4 years before Herbert gets a new contract.    The Jags would be second, the Cowboys 3a and the Texans 3b.     

I agree though with a good coach they become already more formidable than they already are.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think the Chargers are the most desirable because they already have what looks like a franchise qb, good weapons, and a stout defense.  He has 3-4 years before Herbert gets a new contract.    The Jags would be second, the Cowboys 3a and the Texans 3b.     

I agree though with a good coach they become already more formidable than they already are.

EB played for the Chargers , So Cal is an amazing place to live and especially when you have money to burn. Yet EB may not want to deal with KC? 

On 12/25/2020 at 9:51 PM, xen said:

Yep.  Jags are ready for the rebuild.  Shed their unwieldy cap hits already.  They have the picks (2 ones, 2 twos and 2 fours) and nearly 80 mil in cap space even with the reduced cap next year.  If they get the right GM/coach team in there they could do some damage in a few years.

That last part is probably where they'll inevitably screw it up.

Best prospect to come out since Luck and a whole bunch of picks to work with. It's all about finding that right GM & HC combo at this point and they'll have the flexibility to wait for a year or two. Nobody cares about the Jags but could be a nice place for EB.

There's some chance that EB will have to build the offense for the upcoming HC since they have too many holes to fill. 

Sources: Kansas City Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka drawing interest as head-coaching candidate

8:20 AM CT
  • schefter_adam.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Adam SchefterESPN Senior Writer

Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy will receive head-coaching interviews and is expected to be a favorite to land a head-coaching job.

But despite less fanfare, Chiefs quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator Mike Kafka also is coveted and expected to be in the mix for a head-coaching job, league sources tell ESPN.

By the time the NFL's hiring cycle for head coaches is complete, it's possible that the reigning Super Bowl champion Chiefs could have their offensive coaching staff completely raided, losing a minimum of two prized assistant coaches, not to mention any of their assistants they potentially could bring with them.

Bieniemy has been on teams' radars in recent years, but, very quietly, so has Kafka, who is only 33 years old and is expected to land a head-coaching job at some point.

Kafka spent parts of six seasons in the NFL as a backup or practice-squad quarterback before working as a graduate assistant at Northwestern, his alma mater, in 2016. He has worked with the Chiefs since 2017 and was promoted to passing game coordinator this past March.

Just so we are all clear, SOCal sucks.....Tax Shelters delay taxes- they do not reduce taxes.

California will chase you to Mars to get the state's cut.

On a different point,

It may just be me, but as I watch the Chief games, does anyone else notice that Mahomes goes straight to Reid on Time Outs? Its also interesting that when they pan the camera's to the Chiefs bench when the offense is off the field- its always Reid and Mahomes with the Sharpies....talking and scheming...I asked my wife yesterday, Where is EB?

w

21 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Aren't we the same group of people that complains non stop about our offense?  Asking for a friend.

No. Tell your friend neither one of these men (Kafka or Bienemy) is responsible for coaching our offensive line or the decision to keep running out the same group of bums each week.