Eric Bieniemy can start interviewing with other teams today

On 12/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, West said:

AFC, if you want to argue the merits of SOCAL....good luck.

While the weather is great and natures beauty is solid, the People, the traffic and the taxes are ridiculous.

No one is arguing that Tax Shelters "raise taxes" ....all they do is differ taxes until a later date.

If you start with the highest Taxes in the country.....you are only fooling yourself.

My advice, as a 30 year Cali Resident, who left....Get out while you can.

w

Many Players love living in So Cal. Ask Arron Rodgers. I live in Newport Coast. Very little traffic in South Orange County unless you drive to LA during rush hours. Most of us are self employed and love the quality of life , weather and being part of the 5th largest economy in the world. But hey to each his own.

50 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think we are going to have to pull this car over AFC West seems not to take directions well...or we could just start deleting his threads until he STFU's

What is your problem? The question was would Bienemy go to the Chargers? The comment was no the taxes are too high. Following directions? 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think Atlanta is a good spot. A franchise QB already in place and likely stays for a couple more years at least and there's some offensive talent. The new HC will have the opportunity to compete early on and will draft & groom the QBOTF. Not sure if the interview of a Rooney thing or not but I think EB could do well in Atlanta. 

Disagree. An old franchise qb. Success of a head coach is nearly always tied to the qb. I think there’s too much to do. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Disagree. An old franchise qb. Success of a head coach is nearly always tied to the qb. I think there’s too much to do. 

Even though old, Ryan can still win games with a decent offensive coach which should prolong EB's shelf life in Atlanta but the QBOTF is a must in the short term. If they wait too long he would simply be keeping the seat warm for the future HC. 

Regardless 2 3rds is all that I care about right now, 5 picks in the first 3 rounds should get us a decent OL makeover. 

Looks like teams are going after our player personal director as well. 
Hopefully the cupboard isn’t to bare after the season so we can re load for the draft. 
the pick up of daley from NE beginning of last year was a huge hit. Hopefully Veach and Reid can find guys like that. Specially for our LB and O line. 

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Gotta think there will be some changes in Denver also. 

Nope. Vic will get another year. Elway will be going down with him so he can't let him go. If any changes, it will be the position coaches. They are young at QB and WR, so the excuse to wait and see will happen next year. If they don't get over. 500 I can see both being on the hot seat or gone then.

Just now, kkuenn said:

Nope. Vic will get another year. Elway will be going down with him so he can't let him go. If any changes, it will be the position coaches. They are young at QB and WR, so the excuse to wait and see will happen next year. If they don't get over. 500 I can see both being on the hot seat or gone then.

I was thinking more Elway than Fangio.  And then the new GM having some input on the coach.  For sure he has some get out of jail free cards with the organization, but he has really shit the bed on drafting and coaches.  And particularly the quarterback position obviously.  I can't see how another year of development is going to make a difference for Lock.  He is not the one.  

8 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I was thinking more Elway than Fangio.  And then the new GM having some input on the coach.  For sure he has some get out of jail free cards with the organization, but he has really shit the bed on drafting and coaches.  And particularly the quarterback position obviously.  I can't see how another year of development is going to make a difference for Lock.  He is not the one.  

Agree 

My Take: Chargers will be next. What better way to develop your star QB and have an inside look at what KC is doing? Eric will be a Charger again. Hoping I am wrong!

The Jets have requested permission to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for their head-coaching vacancy. 

Bieniemy will probably be asked to interview with every team with a vacancy. The Jets join the Lions and Falcons. Bieniemy will conduct "virtual interviews" with Detroit and Atlanta on Monday. Bieniemy seems all but guaranteed to finally a top job this winter, so whomever really wants him will have to act fast. 

RELATED: 

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

My Take: Chargers will be next. What better way to develop your star QB and have an inside look at what KC is doing? Eric will be a Charger again. Hoping I am wrong!

The Jets have requested permission to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for their head-coaching vacancy. 

Bieniemy will probably be asked to interview with every team with a vacancy. The Jets join the Lions and Falcons. Bieniemy will conduct "virtual interviews" with Detroit and Atlanta on Monday. Bieniemy seems all but guaranteed to finally a top job this winter, so whomever really wants him will have to act fast. 

RELATED: 

I don't think EB wants to face Andy and Mahomes twice a year for the next 10 years.

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Such a tough spot for guys like EB.  A great opportunity to get a head coaching gig, but so many of the organizations are crap.  How many promising coordinators ended up as head coached in Detroit, Cleveland, NY Jets, etc and fell on their face? 

Good point. He may not get more than one offer? Maybe none again. It will likely come down to money , years and security. The Buzz in So Cal has been Eric. So if the Chargers are serious they should put up the big bucks and security.

The Panthers will interview Chiefs assistant director of player personnel Ryan Poles for their GM opening. 

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the interview will take place on Wednesday. Only 35, Poles has been with the Chiefs since 2009 and in his current position for three years. Anyone connected to Andy Reid is going to be a hot commodity this interview season. 

RELATED: