Raiders Collapse

qnet

1 minute ago, Wolfscall said:

They deserved to lose that game. Chuckie had a chance to put em away and decided to run the clock down and kick a field goal. It was like watching a Herm coached game. Playing not to lose will get you beat most of the time.

Disagree. Run down the clock and kick the fg with 19 seconds left and no time outs. If they had scored and gave the dolphins a minute 30 left with time outs and they scored to tie it, people would be bitching even more. Chuck did right on this one. The defense gave it away again and with only 19 seconds plus the horrendous penalty for another 15 yards.

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Disagree. Run down the clock and kick the fg with 19 seconds left and no time outs. If they had scored and gave the dolphins a minute 30 left with time outs and they scored to tie it, people would be bitching even more. Chuck did right on this one. The defense gave it away again and with only 19 seconds plus the horrendous penalty for another 15 yards.

I see it completely different. Score the TD, go for 2 and put yourself up by 7. That way the best the phins can do is tie it. Play to win, period. 

Having said that...... I loved watching the faiders lose and it couldn't happen to a better team.

6 hours ago, Wolfscall said:

I see it completely different. Score the TD, go for 2 and put yourself up by 7. That way the best the phins can do is tie it. Play to win, period. 

Having said that...... I loved watching the faiders lose and it couldn't happen to a better team.

Miss the 2 point conversion. Leave time and time outs against the sorry ass defense. They score a td and win. Same results. I guarantee though if you ask head coaches they will say do what Chuck did. 19 seconds and no time outs to go the length of the field should be almost automatic. How many games were lost due to this scenario compared to having a minute plus scenario?