Michael Thomas

30 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Can we get some O Linemen? We have plenty of shiny toys for Mahomes. Let's block for him and really see how incredible he is while in a clean pocket.

I'm all for rebuilding the entire line, but plenty of toys is a reach.  Our receiving group is going to look different after this year. Watkins, Robinson and Pringle are all FA after this year.  Our returning pass catchers next year will be Kelce, Hill, Hardman, and that's it.  There will have to be some movement in that group.

6 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I'm all for rebuilding the entire line, but plenty of toys is a reach.  Our receiving group is going to look different after this year. Watkins, Robinson and Pringle are all FA after this year.  Our returning pass catchers next year will be Kelce, Hill, Hardman, and that's it.  There will have to be some movement in that group.

and kelce's taken a lot of hits over the years... at this point I'd like to see him with less wear and tear so he can stick around for 3-4 more years

we need more weapons no doubt... wondering if thomas would be willing to work with us on salary for a chance at a ring

I'd rather bundle some picks to move up in the first than trade for Thomas if we really wanted another weapon.  Be much much cheaper on the salary.  Kyle Pitts would look pretty dang good in our offense for instance and might be had in the late teens.   Just sayin IF that's where we wanted to go, not necessarily what I would do.  Could still invest in Oline and elsewhere.   

1 minute ago, xen said:

I'd rather bundle some picks to move up in the first than trade for Thomas if we really wanted another weapon.  Be much much cheaper on the salary.  Kyle Pitts would look pretty dang good in our offense for instance and might be had in the late teens.   Just sayin IF that's where we wanted to go, not necessarily what I would do.  Could still invest in Oline and elsewhere.   

YES and I agree I would not go receiver

42 minutes ago, moons314 said:

31 teams would die for this trio. We can find decent WR help. And with Mahomes, he'll make them even better. 

13 hours ago, moons314 said:

and I wouldn't be mad to see go bye bye..damn that kid piss's me off for every 1 decent catch he flups 3 others..just not dependable..maybe turn him into a DB?

14 hours ago, xen said:

Man, that oline is the direct correlation to the turnovers and sputtering offense. You can see it on every play. They are so bad.

14 hours ago, xen said:

we are going to need the picks we have to fill gaps around high contract players, cannot give up multiple picks to move up in the 1st round

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Man, that oline is the direct correlation to the turnovers and sputtering offense. You can see it on every play. They are so bad.

If we don’t win the Super Bowl again, it will be directly because of the oline. Imo 

With all the needs for O-line and another EDGE, don't be surprised if Andy grabs a WR with the first pick.  It's in his DNA.   I hope Sammy comes back, even with his injury history.  The Chiefs probably wouldn't have won without him last season and half time Sammy compliments Hill and Kelce better than anyone else on the horizon playing full time.  If he misses time in the playoff, then that's another story. 

We all know with Watkins in the lineup, the offense is different. So what is it that Watkins does that we cannot seem to find others to do? I would say blocking would be one. I'm sure we could find a mid level FA  that is accomplished in the NFL to help. Just a thought.

O line: Wonder is LDT is back? Naing? Osemele? Schwartz is done. we will need a lot more help. Give this offense a O line and watch out. Defenses are catching up and its time to change in the offseason. I would like a TE to be on the field with Kelce. ( similar to Gronk and Hernandez)

On 12/28/2020 at 8:19 AM, oldtimer said:

and I wouldn't be mad to see go bye bye..damn that kid piss's me off for every 1 decent catch he flups 3 others..just not dependable..maybe turn him into a DB?

Still counting on him considering we picked him over DK Metcalf. He’s only 22 so hopefully dude gets stronger

On 12/28/2020 at 10:32 AM, KC Warpaint said:

we are going to need the picks we have to fill gaps around high contract players, cannot give up multiple picks to move up in the 1st round

Totally agree.   This team made its decisions on who was going to be highly paid and who were going to be the stars.    Mahomes, CJ, Clark, HB, Hill, Kelce, Hitchens, Fisher and Watkins.   We can get out of Waktins but the cap shrinking washes that.   Hitchens we are stuck with for another year and I think Fisher too (which isn't as bad as Hitchens imo).   I imagine Veach could swing one more 10 million a year player like a wr or OL if needed but our depth and bonus star players are going to have to come from the draft, udfa, or low end trades.   

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

Ever think with Hill, Thomas, Kelce and Hardman teams will only be able to rush 3 thus helping the OL?  More receiving threats the more teams will have to drop more into coverage 

Problem is they can still get pressure with 3 or 4 and drop back lbs and such to cover the lanes.

4 hours ago, Balto said:

Ever think with Hill, Thomas, Kelce and Hardman teams will only be able to rush 3 thus helping the OL?  More receiving threats the more teams will have to drop more into coverage 

Over the last two weeks our OL hasn't been able to form a pocket against 3-4 guys rushing. The biggest issue right now is that their success disrupted Mahomes' relatively comfortable stance and he's not making as good decisions as he did before. 

I go back and forth.  Do we try and sign or trade for an upgrade at Center which would free up the draft or is there a stud future All-Pro caliber center in the draft.   The former would all us to take just one IOL early and then a developmental guy later with the assumption that Niang can be an upgrade over Remmers at RT.   We could nab a WR and DE with the other top picks.   

I kinda think we will try and resign Sammy again, but it gets harder and harder to swallow his injury prone month long misses.   But maybe if we draft a wr high enough it would be the final band aid.   No way he gets more than 8-9 million after this year and last years performance.   

If we are going to spend money on wr's, why not Allen Robinson.  Get that guy out of purgatory in Chicago.    What is more likely is Corey Davis a former 1st round underperformer that might do well being the 3rd option.   Bonus is a speedy guy and could be had for a lot less than all three other options.

28 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I go back and forth.  Do we try and sign or trade for an upgrade at Center which would free up the draft or is there a stud future All-Pro caliber center in the draft.   The former would all us to take just one IOL early and then a developmental guy later with the assumption that Niang can be an upgrade over Remmers at RT.   We could nab a WR and DE with the other top picks.   

I kinda think we will try and resign Sammy again, but it gets harder and harder to swallow his injury prone month long misses.   But maybe if we draft a wr high enough it would be the final band aid.   No way he gets more than 8-9 million after this year and last years performance.   

If we are going to spend money on wr's, why not Allen Robinson.  Get that guy out of purgatory in Chicago.    What is more likely is Corey Davis a former 1st round underperformer that might do well being the 3rd option.   Bonus is a speedy guy and could be had for a lot less than all three other options.

I think after word got out that the Chiefs were so interested in Ruiz before the Saints nabbed him last yr in rd 1, there is a VERY STRONG possibility we go Creed Humphrey in rd.1 this yr. Thats a 10 yr anchor in the middle of our line, and we need it badly.

I dont know if he is the consensus top center, but from scouting reports and mocks/big boards I'm looking at, he seems to be. And value seems to be right in that area around 30. 

We know how smart Veach is and we've seen he drafts back at positions of need. Ill be very surprised if we don't go interior line in ine of the first 2 rds, and if we don't I can see us taking two in the third or something along those lines.

Reiter isn't the worst player on our line but he is subpar and anyone other than DWBH would agree.