Falcons thread

14 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Offense needs to pull out the Alex Smith play book and dust it off.   Our Oline isn't good enough to run deep every play.   Take what they give us and get 5-6 yards a catch and matriculate down the field.  Kilgore needs to be the starter from here on out but that won't happen.    I've seen enough of Wylie and Allegretti to only want them as backup depth.  They aren't starters in this league and we don't need to wish they develop into above avg ones.   Draft talented guys that can plug and play from day one and let Mahomes do his things.  

Tired of watching us go ultra conservative with a 3rd string back and this patch work Oline thinking it will close out games versus tough hungry teams.  

Nice seeing some different lb's play but that last scoring drive they got taken advantage of over the middle.   Ward had a very sub par game but Sneed looks to be elite.   

D did a great job holding this O to 14 points.  

Kelce got the record which was cool and we got the bye.

Hope they get the kinks worked out and maybe start a quarter or half vs the Chargers.    

Not pretty but good teams find a way to win and I'm kinda glad we've been in a bunch of close games.  Gets the team battle hardened and ready for the playoffs. 

Reid not being willing to try a different combination on the offensive line is extremely negligent and could cost us our season.

I won't be surprised if we lose in the divisional round. Its not hard to figure out how to attack this team. Our pass blocking is as bad as any team in the league and Reid isn't interested in running the ball to keep defenses honest.

I have no idea how this team is 14-1. Our QB literally CANNOT play to his ability behind this line. 

What is find frustrating is we had something to play for, a bye, and played like dog shit. Atlanta was playing for nothing but pride and almost had us. This is a problem... no sense of urgency. All previous SB winners say the same thing, the biggest obstacle they faced was complacency after they won. I think we are in that rut at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

except for the Honey Gerbil and as usual Clark was a no show..lots of $$ tied in  no shows

clark was there for two plays

one sack and almost a second on that last drive... that play forced the FG that ultimately went wide right

you're right tho... big bucks

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

except for the Honey Gerbil and as usual Clark was a no show..lots of $$ tied in  no shows

I thought Clark had a few good plays. Gave me a little hope he will step up for the playoffs. Honey Gerbil, Ha ha. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Rather be lucky that good..Chiefs did not deserve to win

That literally describes the better part of the 90s.  Teams were very lucky during the regular season, then shit the bed in the postseason when the luck well ran dry.  It was the same story in 2003.  Being good is what won the Super Bowl last year.  I'm having a hard time believing this current version of the Chiefs is capable of getting back there. 

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

That literally describes the better part of the 90s.  Teams were very lucky during the regular season, then shit the bed in the postseason when the luck well ran dry.  It was the same story in 2003.  Being good is what won the Super Bowl last year.  I'm having a hard time believing this current version of the Chiefs is capable of getting back there. 

I think KC saw some luck last year too. In fact if Garrapallo hits that 4th quarter pass?  KC was very good last year and not dominating by any means. This year is much the same. Teams need a little luck and some good health to go all the way. I think KC as good a chance as they did last year,  despite there are not many fans in the stands ,so no real home field advantage. 

5 minutes ago, mex said:

it's a right most of us have earned, having endured the 1970's, 80's, 90's, 00's and the better part of the 10's.

Yes people all have a right to be whatever & think whatever they want. I prefer living in the present. 14-1 Baby  23-1 Baby

3 minutes ago, robgar said:

yes, we suffered mex..

tell me the last time the chiefs where 14-1 coming off a superbowl championship.

remind me the last time we clinched a playoff bye two years in a row?

we can enjoy this, and should. 

3 years in a row

1st seed in 2019 playoffs, 2nd this last year, but Ravens lost so we hosted again. 1st this year and tbd on how we do.

4 minutes ago, robgar said:

yes, we suffered mex..

tell me the last time the chiefs where 14-1 coming off a superbowl championship.

remind me the last time we clinched a playoff bye two years in a row?

we can enjoy this, and should. 

who said we weren't enjoying it?

36 minutes ago, robgar said:

jesus.... 14 - 1 clinched best record in the nfl with a week to go.. and you guys are still bitching. 

No one is complaining about the record.  The issue is how glaring some of the flaws are on what many like to think of as the best in the NFL.  That reputation is based on Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill having their will in every game.  When Mahomes has an off day, the warts show up.  The O-line is far below average.  Neiman, Ward, and Sorenson are exasperating at times.  The pass rush is not what the Chiefs paid for.  All teams have weak spots, but what we saw today showed areas that will get the team knocked out of the playoffs early.  Maybe this is their worst game and it won't be repeated.  We can hope.  But no one can watch the game today and think the Chiefs are SB bound. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

No one is complaining about the record.  The issue is how glaring some of the flaws are on what many like to think of as the best in the NFL.  That reputation is based on Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill having their will in every game.  When Mahomes has an off day, the warts show up.  The O-line is far below average.  Neiman, Ward, and Sorenson are exasperating at times.  The pass rush is not what the Chiefs paid for.  All teams have weak spots, but what we saw today showed areas that will get the team knocked out of the playoffs early.  Maybe this is their worst game and it won't be repeated.  We can hope.  But no one can watch the game today and think the Chiefs are SB bound. 

No one? Sorry I think they are so there is that.

Just now, robgar said:

well in the past when kc, had a chance to take care of its own business,  they failed.. 

we won.. it wasnt easy but we won. 

next week doesnt matter, and the week after that we get off.. 

so 2 weeks to prepare for the playoffs..

Well we play again in 3 weeks. I hope to see our starters out there next week. A half unless we are up big time then go for less.i would like to see Rankins and Wiz out there on the line with Kilgore at C or some combo.